“Absolutely beautiful view”

Ranked #148 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Edgewater, Maryland
“Absolutely beautiful view”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were very satisfied with the hotel, restaurant downstairs-good buffet in the mornings. The view was great - nice area and we think at a reasonable rate.

Cleaning was great, they would immediately bring up the complimentary water and extra linens, concierge were great. etc. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Harbor view is worth it
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bicycle53
TheHarbourview, Manager at The Harbourview Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking your time writing us a positive comment. We are delighted to know that you appreciated the price, cleanliness and the harbour view of our hotel and found our breakfast buffet delicious. Also, your appreciation on our Housekeeping Team and Concierge Team are well taken, we will share your message with the respective departments accordingly.

Thank you again for your compliment. We will strive for higher service standard and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE!!! I stayed in the hotel over Easter weekend for 5 nights and during my stay I moved rooms to a room with a better view. The next day I went to put on a pair of my heels that I brought to hong kong and wore them during my stay in the harbourview hotel but they were not in my suitcase or the new room anywhere. I thought they must have been left in the previous room so rang reception  to see if they could check the room as the last time I remember seeing them they were by the bed so I thought they may have been under the bed. Next thing there was a knock on the door and 3 male hotel workers said they needed to search my room to make sure I hadn't overlooked the shoes when I searched. They proceeded to look around the room then open my suitcase and start pulling out my clothes and belongings in my case! I said I had already looked in my case and they were not there. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and I have never heard of this happening, ever! They really had no right to search through all my clothes in my suitcase. The man said this was their policy when something went missing which leads me to wonder how many times guests have reported items missing. The hotel said they would check the other room. I went for lunch and when I returned the hotel said the shoes were not in the previous room and they had searched the cleaners locker and the shoes weren't there and said they had no proof I even brought the shoes to their hotel and therefore insinuating that I was lying. The shoes were not expensive but that's not the point they were taken from a room without my consent and not handed into lost property so were effectively stolen! The shoes that were stolen were the only small heels I had brought with me so I had to go out wearing flat open toed sandals in the rain as the weather was bad. I was offered no apology whatsoever for the missing shoes and the hotel assistant manager attitude was not good. I would NOT recommend a stay in this hotel as there is obviously a dishonest member of staff that took the shoes and the hotel management did not offer any apology for my personal belongings going missing during my stay at their hotel. I will be returning to hong kong but definitely not to this hotel and will be telling all my friends and colleagues of my horrific treatment when reporting the missing shoes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Betsyboo85
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your comment on Tripadvisor.com.

Kindly please accept our apology for the experience that you encountered during your recent stay with us.

Please be rest assured that your related comments made on our staff attitude and their communication skills will be taken seriously. Our fellow colleagues in respective operational departments have been briefed about your dissatisfaction and would ensure that improvements are immediately made.

Once again, thank you for voicing out your comment and your words are always important for us to strive for higher service standard.

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a hotel next to Hong Kong Convention Center for a group of 25, but not in the middle of the noisy bar area in Wan Chai, I found this hotel. Overall fairly decent, quiet, reasoably clean. Shower cubicles instead of bath tubs, tiny bath room though. Go for the room with the view over the harbour or you end up with a view on to a blind wall about 2m from your window. Breakfast is soso, large selection, but cheap quality products. Internet is a bit of a challenge as you get stuck every 5minutes. But will go back as it has the ideal location for our purposes at a reasonable price.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Odila S
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We are glad to know that you appreciated the location, price, cleanliness and the stunning harbour view of our hotel.

For your information, over half of our guestrooms possess a view over the Victoria Harbour. However, constrained by the hotel’s location, some of our rooms do face a grey wall of the next building.

Your comment on the size of our bathrooms is acknowledged. Our bathrooms are not big in size if compared with other hotels in Hong Kong, however, we have been trying to offset this weakness with our reasonable price, prime location and attentive service.

Your words on the breakfast quality and internet service are well taken too. We have raised the issues to the concerned departments to look up the matter in depth and strive for improvement accordingly. Kindly be informed that wireless broadband system upgrading work is in progress and we will be able to offer a more stable network after the upgrading work.

Thank you again for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Malaga
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Hotel is close to the convention centre, which means you will share your stay with whoever is in town. In our case "Fur & Fashion" and oddly dressed Russians.

Rooms are adequate, but for the price rather mean. Breakfast the best part of the stay.

After a heavy day playing tourist, it's nice to come back to the Hotel for a sundowner - not in this place, no bar at all. You can get a drink if you sit around the dining area BUT not until after 18:00. We were told we needed to walk a few hundred meters to a bar across the road to get anything before their watershed!

I'd have to say this is an avoid unless you want to fall out of bed into the conference centre. Even the transport system is a good walk way

Room Tip: Try another Hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Friggykeith
TheHarbourview, Manager at The Harbourview Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your comment on TripAdvsior.com.

It is true that we do not have a proper bar in the hotel. However, we do have two dining places, namely Harbour Restaurant and Mezz Floor, both serve sumptuous delicacies and drinks throughout the day. Please note the operating hours for Harbour Restaurant is from 7am to 11:45pm and Mezz Floor operates from 12nn to 11pm on weekdays and from 6pm to 11pm during weekend. Therefore, out staff member should have suggested to you that you may have a drink at Harbour Restaurant instead of asking you to visit other bars in Wanchai.

We would like to take this chance to apologize for the wrong information provided by our staff. We have raised this issue to various guest contacting departments and reminded the staff members to aware of the opening hours of F&B outlets in the hotel. On the other hand, the reason why the staff suggested you going out for a drink is that he/ she would like you to have a wider range of choices for the place to relax and have a sundowner.

Thank you very much for your positive comments on the breakfast quality, guestroom and transportation network. We sincerely wish that you could give us one more chance when you are visiting Hong Kong again.
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Turns out I used to stay at this hotel when on business's 20 years ago. It was good then and still is. Pretty good location close to Wanchai, Star Ferry etc. good sized and clean room. Very friendly staff always willing to help. We would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Diesel1952
TheHarbourview, Manager at The Harbourview Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you so much for staying with us for over 20 years and taking your time writing us a positive comment!

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and are satisfied with the size and cleanliness of our guestroom, appreciated our convenient location and friendly service delivered by our staff.

We will keep up the good work certainly and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here on business. Very convenient for the exhibition centre and in the middle of the waterfront in Hong Kong.

Rooms small (but not unusually so for Hong Kong), beds a bit hard as others have said. Breakfast ok (but cooked was luke warm both mornings).

Nice views of the harbour, but some noise from street.

Bit of a walk to the nearest MTR.

Room Tip: higher is probably better for views/reduced street noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Clarker63
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We are most grateful for your feedback, which is valuable and important to us. We are happy to learn that you liked the stunning harbour view and the convenient location of our hotel.

Regarding the guestroom size, please note that we have 2 other room categories which are significantly larger than the regular ones, namely, Executive Room and Executive Deluxe Room. You may consider staying in one of these rooms during your next visit in Hong Kong.

Your comment on the hard bed is acknowledged too. Please drop us an e-mail at reservation@theharbourview.com.hk and let us know your name and period of stay, so that we can put a soft topper on top of the mattress for your next visit.

Your comment on the attitude of our chefs is well received. We have passed the message to the Food and Beverage Department and the concerned member will be reminded accordingly. Thank you again for your comment and we look forward to having the pleasure of serving you again soon.
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Handy hotels to shops and ferry , pleasant efficient staff , Leo on the front desk was friendly and helpful , we had a backroom so no view but the room was quite nice . easy to get a cab to local tourist spots

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for writing us this valuable piece of compliment. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated our hotel’s location and transportation network.

We are grateful that you are satisfied with our guestroom. Please kindly be informed that over half of our guestrooms face the Victoria Harbour, you may consider staying at one of our harbour view rooms for your next visit to have an even better accommodation experience.

Your appreciation on the service quality delivered by our staff, Leo, is well noted too. Your words would also be communicated to our Front Desk team members accordingly. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.