This is the second time we have stayed at the Stanford. It is a lovely hotel, well situated in Tsim Sha Sui on the Kowloon side of Hong Kong.
We booked a bed and breakfast deal. Breakfast was absolutely brilliant. I am dieting and found that the choices for me were ideal - could avoid fatty foods!!
We had an issue with the lights and the toilet but on both occasions when these were reported, the staff very quickly dealt with the problem. No need to repeat requests for help.
There are only two things I would criticize: One is the Wi-Fi. The first time I asked about it, I was told that it was $HK100 deposit and $HK30 per hour thereafter so decided that I would use the Business Centre instead. However on my second time of requesting access to the Business Centre, I was informed by a very nice lady on the reception that in fact the Wi-Fi was just $HK20 for one hour and so was able to access internet from the comfort of my own room.
The other criticism is the bar - not particularly welcoming. In fact, we only used it twice during our 10 day stay. They close the bar at midnight and there is not a proper area for the bar. The second time we went, my husband asked for a bottled beer and was told it was not available, he had to ask for another two types before he got his beer :( The wine selection was not very good either). I think part of the problem is that they have to compete with Knutsford Terrace and just across the road are another three bars.
Would I recommend this hotel? A big YES!! It is ideally located and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
If you need laundry done, use the laundry across the road - it is in the cul de sac across from the hotel. The staff there are lovely even though they don't speak English - we managed to sort our washing very satisfactorily. The hotel is a little expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Hillview Hotel is located on Knutsford Terrace in a quiet corner of Kowloon's busting Tsimshatsui; Hong Kong's premier shopping and entertainment area, well-known for its late night chats and cheers, and great dining experience. The Hotel features 177 elegantly furnished rooms and suites. Wi-Fi High Speed Internet accesses are available within Hotel premises. Stanford Hillview Hotel offers complimentary scheduled shuttle bus service to Hung Hom MTR Station, Airport Express Kowloon Station, China Hong Kong City Ferry Terminal and Stanford Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Hillview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Hillview Hong Kong
- Hotel Stanford Hillview
- Stanford Hillview Hotel Hong Kong