“Good hotel at central location”

Stanford Hillview Hotel
Ranked #65 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed there for a night on 27th June. As other travellers have mentioned, the property is on steep hill. if you are taking shuttle service from Kowloon that drops you on main road and you have some luggage, be prepared for a steep climb. I booked a room with King size bed. They did not have the room and offered a twin bedded room. After insisting on having a single bed, they upgraded me to a suite. This was a nice courtesy. The front staff was helpful and they infact helped me take luggage to room. I did not have their breakfast. Overall nice hotel to be in HongKong

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ResponseHillview, General Manager at Stanford Hillview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

It’s good to learn that you had a good time with us during your stay. Our staff are always available to ensure the best service for our guests.

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in HK.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had a really good hotel experience here. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean and big enough for a single occupancy (i was travelling with a couple so i get my own room! HA!)
just...great.
free wifi, smoking room, A/C worked great, bathroom was lovely, breakfast buffet everyday, all to myself.
felt secure, comfortable, well looked-after. great hotel. good staff. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
ResponseHillview, General Manager at Stanford Hillview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel and glad to hear that your visit with us was comfortable. We are wholeheartedly committed to offer an excellent service to make our guests truly enjoyable. Our friendly staff is pleased to be of your service and we trust you’ll have a memorable experience.

We look forward to serving you on your next trip.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

A very well maintained hotel on the hills of Hong Kong . A bit of a limb up the hill to get to the hotel which is strenuous when pulling your luggage up. Rooms are excellent and clean . Comfortable bed. A welcome fruit platter on arrival and a thnk you chocolate plate on departure. Will go back to stay at this hotel if ever I visit Hong Kong again.

Room Tip: Try and book a room on the upper levels.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

It was indeed our pleasure to have you stayed with us and we are gratifying to know that you enjoyed your stay here.

We are looking forward to welcoming and servicing you. Hope we can make your visit comfortable and memorable.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hillview for a 2 night stopover in Hong Kong. We were surprised to receive a room upgrade to the top floor 13th floor which was quite luxurious. Fantastic bed and biggest pillow we have ever seen. Room very clean, facilities including bathroom great. Staff were helpful, breakfast plentiful. Only complaint - we had to pay $3 AUD / hour for Internet even in the foyer! Crazy and very non-competitive in such a big market.

Stayed: June 2013
ResponseHillview, General Manager at Stanford Hillview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel. It was great to know that the accommodation and service were to your liking, except your remarks given on the chargeable wifi during your stay had been acknowledged, we do apologize to say that free wifi access was not included in your booking.

With our repeated thanks for having your patronage. We are looking forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I just spent one night in this hotel. This hotel is my first time stayed in. The beds were little bit hard but clean. I love the room had welcome fruit and small chocolate when i came in. The best thing that i want to appreciate the staff at the reception called Ariel. She is very friendly and helpful. It was raining in the evening and i needed to find a good place to have dinner. i went to reception and asked the girl at the reception desk to recommend a good restaurant to have dinner. She gave a list of places in the city and also added that there was a good restaurant just near the hotel. It was easier to walk and she even told me the room got umbrella inside. i would rate this as excellent service, over and above her normal duties.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for having you with us and your flattering remarks conveyed to inspire us to upkeep our service standards.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The place was excellent and really comfortable. But when we arrived, no one carried ourbags to the room. I was just thinking it was because of the time since we arrived 2 in the morning. The room is small but I am satisfied with the cleanlines. I love the bathtub even though it is not thatbig. Staffs were friendly. Will stay again if I get a chance.

2  Thank Straissan Y
ResponseHillview, General Manager at Stanford Hillview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip and your valuable comments delivered to inspire us to upkeep our service standards.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The service and facilities befit its 4 stars designation. The rooms are larger than the all similarly priced hotels in TST, Kowloon. The service is excellent - I stayed there for almost 3 weeks with a break in between. There were welcome gift of fresh fruits and occasional treats of Belgian chocolate, plus 2 bottles of mineral water every day. The main buffet style (international cuisine) restaurant on the main floor was of excellent quality - I noticed that it was very popular with the locals. Early booking would be necessary especially during the weekends. I had used it twice to entertain.
When I arrived at Stanford Hillview Hotel the first time, I had used the free shuttle bus from the Airport Express Kowloon Station. The bus dropped me off at the foot of Observatory Road. It was quite a struggle for a 65 years old man to pull my 3 week supple up the hill! The second time, a week later, of course I took a cab to the front door!

Room Tip: Floors above the 10 floors have the best views. For day to day travel, I discovered that I could us...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
ResponseHillview, General Manager at Stanford Hillview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

It was great to hear your encouraging comments which inspired us to better serve our guests.

Thank you for having you with us and we look forward to be of your service again soon.