“Perfect location”

South Pacific Hotel
Ranked #181 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Great sized rooms and staff were lovely!!! When we got there they showed us where to go for sight seeing and how to get there. The beds were comfy and great shower! We are planning on staying here again In a few weeks on our way out of Asia.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank 1983Traveler
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I arrived HKG around 530pm and it took me 3.5 hours by Freego bus to reach this place. I thought it was more convenient by bus since the bus would stop and pick-up right in front of the hotel. However, the evening traffic was horrendous and the bus went to several hotels along the route to pick-up the passengers heading to the airport. The subway station is Cause Way Bay, just about 10 minutes leisure walk.
Overall visit to this hotel was comfortable and enjoyable, maybe because I got myself a suite room. The view is spectacular on higher floor.

Room Tip: get a room on a higher category if budget allows.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The location is good. There are 7-Elevens around it and a small lane for late suppers which is useful as at the conferences we finish quite late. Its a brisk 15 minute walk to the Convention centre and is also a close walk to the stations. Its the hotel of choice for me when i am in that part of Hong Kong.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in Hong Kong over the Easter weekend this year and I stayed at the South Pacific Hotel in Causeway Bay. It is a 4-star hotel conveniently located within walking distance to Causeway Bay MTR station. There are buses just outside the hotel. The room is of average size. It is an ideal hotel for business as well as sightseeing and shopping in Hong Kong. There is free wi-fi in every room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and 6 days. Not by choice as it was booked by our company to which I'm grateful because it's only a five-minute walk to the office I'm supposed to report in.

Internet Connection - Unlimited and free! I suggest that you plug the LAN cable/ Broadband plug to your laptop for a more steady and faster connection. Connecting to the Internet via WIFI is intermittent.

Bathroom - Housekeeping replenishes towels everyday. The hotel provides basic toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, soap, shampoo, conditioner, and shower cap. I like that the tub has a built-in clothes line and the closet has several hangers if you want to do laundry by yourself. The bathroom has a bidet although mine worked on the first day only. I didn't bother calling housekeeping to fix this as I noticed that the lady cleaning my room doesn't speak English. The shower is a bit inconsistent too. The rainshower nozzle didn't work for one day but I had no problems on the remaining days.

Room - I like my bed and pillows a bit hard so I can't complain. While a general cleaning of the room is done everyday, I don't think housekeeping bothers to clean the desks and nightstands as I saw a few bread crumbs left from previous day's. They don't change the sheets also but it's not an issue to me. Rooms aren't soundproof. You can hear the conversations going on in other rooms and out on the hall.

Food - The Grille Cafe exceeded my expectations. I had the Grilled Beef with Wild Mushroom Sauce and for HKD78.00 (not inclusive of tax), the lunch meal is served with soup and tea or coffee. Not disappointing at all.

Location - There are two 7-11's, a bakery, and the flea market a stone's throw away. Times Square is only a five-minute walk.

I prefer Hong Kong's Kowloon side for leisure. Stay here only if you're traveling for business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank makemineaventi
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed for 3 days in this hotel. Service and lobby were good. Room was small but since I was alone, it was not a problem. Bathroom was small but adequate. There are many 7/11 shops nearby as well as 2 supermarkets. MacDonald and Burger King are a short walk away in Henessey Road. Tram, buses and taxis are at the door.

Internet is through a LAN cable and not Wifi. There was one mosquito in the room which I killed after suffering a few bites, none after that. Housekeeping was efficient but I dont know if the mosquito repellent machine they plugged in ever worked. The TV had 21 channels and only English programming were Bloomberg, CNBC, BBC world and Discovery channel. Rest had occasional English programs on NHK and CCTV otherwise rest all is Chinese. English entertainment or movie channels were not there at all.

The room I stayed in was too small for a couple or family, but there might be better room sin the hotel.

Overall a well located value for money hotel.

For Indian travellers: There is no Indian or vegetarian restaurant nearby. There is an Indian shop but sells only ingredients and pickles. I subsisted on 7/11 vegetarian sandwiches and bread with cheese and tomato. The toilet has no hand flush so be prepared.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business