Lowest prices for your stay
$62
$62
Agoda.com
$43
Hotels.com$62
Priceline$67
Travelocity$62
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The location is good. There are 7-Elevens around it and a small lane for late suppers which is useful as at the conferences we finish quite late. Its a brisk 15 minute walk to the Convention centre and is also a close walk to the stations. Its the hotel of choice for me when i am in that part of Hong Kong.

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in Hong Kong over the Easter weekend this year and I stayed at the South Pacific Hotel in Causeway Bay. It is a 4-star hotel conveniently located within walking distance to Causeway Bay MTR station. There are buses just outside the hotel. The room is of average size. It is an ideal hotel for business as well as sightseeing and shopping in Hong Kong. There is free wi-fi in every room.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and 6 days. Not by choice as it was booked by our company to which I'm grateful because it's only a five-minute walk to the office I'm supposed to report in.

Internet Connection - Unlimited and free! I suggest that you plug the LAN cable/ Broadband plug to your laptop for a more steady and faster connection. Connecting to the Internet via WIFI is intermittent.

Bathroom - Housekeeping replenishes towels everyday. The hotel provides basic toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, soap, shampoo, conditioner, and shower cap. I like that the tub has a built-in clothes line and the closet has several hangers if you want to do laundry by yourself. The bathroom has a bidet although mine worked on the first day only. I didn't bother calling housekeeping to fix this as I noticed that the lady cleaning my room doesn't speak English. The shower is a bit inconsistent too. The rainshower nozzle didn't work for one day but I had no problems on the remaining days.

Room - I like my bed and pillows a bit hard so I can't complain. While a general cleaning of the room is done everyday, I don't think housekeeping bothers to clean the desks and nightstands as I saw a few bread crumbs left from previous day's. They don't change the sheets also but it's not an issue to me. Rooms aren't soundproof. You can hear the conversations going on in other rooms and out on the hall.

Food - The Grille Cafe exceeded my expectations. I had the Grilled Beef with Wild Mushroom Sauce and for HKD78.00 (not inclusive of tax), the lunch meal is served with soup and tea or coffee. Not disappointing at all.

Location - There are two 7-11's, a bakery, and the flea market a stone's throw away. Times Square is only a five-minute walk.

I prefer Hong Kong's Kowloon side for leisure. Stay here only if you're traveling for business.

2  Thank makemineaventi
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed for 3 days in this hotel. Service and lobby were good. Room was small but since I was alone, it was not a problem. Bathroom was small but adequate. There are many 7/11 shops nearby as well as 2 supermarkets. MacDonald and Burger King are a short walk away in Henessey Road. Tram, buses and taxis are at the door.

Internet is through a LAN cable and not Wifi. There was one mosquito in the room which I killed after suffering a few bites, none after that. Housekeeping was efficient but I dont know if the mosquito repellent machine they plugged in ever worked. The TV had 21 channels and only English programming were Bloomberg, CNBC, BBC world and Discovery channel. Rest had occasional English programs on NHK and CCTV otherwise rest all is Chinese. English entertainment or movie channels were not there at all.

The room I stayed in was too small for a couple or family, but there might be better room sin the hotel.

Overall a well located value for money hotel.

For Indian travellers: There is no Indian or vegetarian restaurant nearby. There is an Indian shop but sells only ingredients and pickles. I subsisted on 7/11 vegetarian sandwiches and bread with cheese and tomato. The toilet has no hand flush so be prepared.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I spend three nights in classic standard room. Room was quite old fashioned but views are great to happy valley and to mountains our room was 25th floor. Anyway even old fashioned but it was clean. Bath room was average level not good not especially bad. Wifi connection was working well. Bed was typical hotel bed quite average. Breakfast was decent for 96$ price can be recommend to consider. Location was best part of hotel: very peacefull area and short walking distance to Causeway bay MTR station and Russel street shopping area. Also Lockhart and Jaffe roads with several bars are in walking distance. Wanchai is now one of my favourites in HK.

Room tip: HIgher floor the better.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple