“Perfect Location, Fantastic Hotel”

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
Ranked #86 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed August 21, 2006

This hotel and especially its staff were fantastic. Because we were flying in from Los Angeles we arrived at the hotel at 10:30 am. Although check-in time is 3:00 pm, we were given our room without any hesitation.

We booked a deluxe harbour view room which was a decent size and had a nice marble and glass bathroom complete with fresh orchids. As with all Sheratons, the bed was absolutely amazing. The view from the room of the harbour and Hong Kong Island was spectacular. It was one of the most amazing views from an urban hotel that I have ever seen. Each night the buildings on either side of the harbour put on a cool laser and light show. The best part was that my deluxe harbour view room had one of the best seats in Hong Kong for the light show.

We took breakfast at the hotel's buffet each morning. Try to get breakfast included in the rate. The selection is large and the food was good.

The hotel has a perfect location. It is close to the subway which can take you all over Kowloon and to Hong Kong Island. It is also a short stroll to the Star Ferry. The hotel is also very close to great shopping and world class restaurants such as Hutong, Spoon, and Felix.

Make sure to get a drink at the Sky Lounge located on the 18th floor of the hotel. The views from there are amazing.

The best part of the hotel was the service. Each member of the staff was extremely friendly and even remembered our names and preferences.

This hotel was the perfect base for exploring Hong Kong and its neighboring islands. I look forward to returning!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
13  Thank GQSurfer8
Write a ReviewReviews (3,386)

Reviewed August 20, 2006

Really can't fault the Sheraton. Excellent location for Kawloon, friendly staff. Stylish hotel with great shopping on your doorstep. Good sized clean room with great bathroom. Great breakfast with excellent buffet and nice views if you can get a seat by the window. Good rooftop pool and great gym. Hey they even have pump classes if you are that keen. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank chefspop
Reviewed August 5, 2006

We stayed at the Sheraton from July 24-29, 2006. The hotel has a good Kowloon location, close to the MTR (subway), and a five minute walk to the Star Ferry and Harbour City Shopping mall (700 stores!).
The hotel reminded us of some Kimpton hotels, or the "W Hotels" brand...a little flashy, but mainly modern with sleek lines, all done very tastefully.
The service was good. We used the concierge quite a bit and they really did their best to help us out with our inquiries and reservations! The front desk staff were also efficient. We ate breakfast at the Cafe each morning. The array of food and quality was excellent. And the service there was friendly and very quick!
The room was also nice. The size was a typical hotel room (I hear rooms in Hong Kong run small). The bathroom was starndard size, with a cool elevated glass counter and sink.
My ONLY complaint is the cost of a "toll free" call. To use my calling card cost $6 U.S. DOLLARS!!!!! But to place a local call cost me 35 cents! Makes no sense! But they insisted that it was a correct charge. This is my only issue with this hotel, and all things considered, it's insignificant.
We certainly would not hesitate to return to this hotel. There were simply no problems at all...great customer service and a very good location. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
10  Thank LQGuy
Reviewed July 31, 2006

I had a great time in HK and staying in Sheraton made it a great vacation. Hotel facilities and service was excellent. We were upgraded to a Harbor view room so we enjoyed the view day and night. Would definitely choose Sheraton again as it is value for money.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank Diageo
Reviewed July 26, 2006

I went to Hong Kong with three of my friends for a week of shopping (as girls do!) It was our first time abroad together, a bit of an indulgence, and we really wanted it to be special. And it was!! We had requested two harbour view rooms, and if possible, interconnecting. We were told this may not be possible, however, on our arrival we had exactly what we ordered. Perfect!

The staff were amazing, from the doormen with their smiles, to the manager of the breakfast buffet-which was perfect- everyone and everything was perfect! We had umbrellas when it rained, free internet on request in the lobby, help making the taxi drivers understand where we wanted to go, chocs on the pillow and a free bottle of water ever night. As well, I can honestly say I only heard one person walking down the corridor ANY time we were there (6 nights) Its very quiet! The view was perfect. Room service (at 11 at night mind you!) was very well priced and delicious. Am taking my son there in October to show him this great city - we had a blast!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with friends
8  Thank Digithil
Reviewed July 21, 2006

After an initial difficulty getting a room with a harbour view which we had requested, we received one with a partial view, on 14th floor. Infact it had an excellent view, especially of the illuminations at night. Quite spectacular. To compensate for the difficulty, the management sent us a bottle of chilled Bordeaux white wine. A nice touch!!! Room was large with excellent amenities.
Location very good. 5 minutes from Start Ferry Terninal and a couple of shopping malls.
Concierge advice for restaurants close to hotel in evenings also very good. Knutsford Terrace, off Nathan Road, a pedestrianised area with all styles of restaurants ....excellent. Great ambiance and very good food!!!! We went twice!!!!
Altogether an excellent stay!!!!

Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank akn
Reviewed June 27, 2006

I stayed at the Sheraton between the 10th and 14th of June 2006. Loved the view from my deluxe harbour room. We could see the 8PM light shows from the room. The room service was really good as were the reception and conceirge. The turn down service was good and I loved the chocolates on the pillow. The american breakfast was so huge that one breakfast was enough for two of us. Huge pancakes and waffles! Also the location of the hotel is very convenient for travelling.

The only downfall was the offer of a narrowband (modem) connection for half the price of a broadband service which was then unavailable because I could not use it even though I am a computer scientist!!! This in itself would not have been terrible had Sheraton had qualified personnel to help me with the issue. Instead they sent me the head of house keeping (susi or suki) who managed to install some windows add-on to the laptop and wasted a good hour doing absolute nonsense on my laptop. Ofcourse she got no where especially since my laptop was not cantonese-friendly and she was not very good with communication either. I felt at least they could have given me the broadband connection at the price of a narrowband.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business