Stayed at the Dormitory Room at the Salisbury YMCA for a one night lay-over in Hong Kong. It is nicely located next to the MTR Station and the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront.
The dormitory room came with 2 double decker beds and an attached bathroom. Even though the property has been around for quite sometime, the room seemed quite new. Credit must be given to the housekeeping team for doing such a nice job.
My bed was pretty hard and the pillows seemed too soft for my liking. To be frank, it was quite uncomfortable. There was a nice wardrode containing a safe and hangers for each occupant in the room. I noticed that there was no TV in the room and no phone where I could phone the reception. When I asked if wifi was complimentary, one of the concierge staff gave me a rude "No, not free". This was quite unfortunate and I forgot to take down his name.
I guess the only nice thing that happened to me was that even though my room was meant for 4 persons, I was the only occupant during my 1 night stay. Since I didn't sleep well at all and the service was pretty mediocre, I was glad when daybreak came for me to check-out to the airport for my next destination.
I guess I won't recommend the dormitory beds if you are not used to hard beds like me.
Stayed 1 night (19th January 2013)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Salisbury has just completed a major room renovation. All 372 rooms and suites have been newly renovated featuring a modern and functional design. Complimentary free broadband WIFI access is available in all rooms. The hotel is a smoke free property and all rooms are non-smoking. Facilities include the Salisbury Dining Room, Mall Cafe, Banquet Rooms, Podium Garden, Fitness Centre with well-equipped Gymnasium, Indoor Swimming Pools, Jacuzzi, Y Shop, Hair Salon, Climbing Walls, Squash Courts and Basket Ball Court. "A Symphony of Lights" was awarded the world's "Largest Permanent Light and Sound Show" by Guinness World Records. This nightly spectacle combines interactive lights of more than 47 buildings on both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon with musical effects to showcase the vibrancy and glamorous night vista of Victoria Harbour. Our hotel guests could enjoy the spectacular show from our Harbour View Rooms and Harbour View Suites nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Salisbury-YMCA of Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salisbury-Ymca Of Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Ymca
- Ymca Salisbury Hong Kong
- Salisbury Hong Kong
- Salisbury Ymca Hong Kong
- Salisbury Ymca Hotel
- Ymca Hong Kong
- Salisbury Hotel Hong Kong