Booking was very easy. I booked everything online via hotel’s website. I received confirmation email within a day. Any questions that I had were quickly answered by Joyce. Thank you for your prompt responses!
We took the Airport Express from the airport to the hotel. The free shuttle from the Kowloon Station dropped us off right across the street from the YMCA. It literally took us less than 2 minutes to walk across the street from the shuttle stop to the hotel lobby.
Access to MTR station is located right next to the hotel. You just have to walk underground for about 5 minutes to get to the station. You can also use the same underground access to cross the street to the Star Ferry Pier, the Star House, and Harbour City, a mega shopping mall. Do check out the Harbour City. There are over 700 shops there as well as food court and a supermarket, the City Super.
We were assigned a non-smoking room as requested. However, our room had strong smoke odor. Someone broke the non-smoking rules! Anyway, after a quick call to the front desk, we were reassigned to another room. Thank you Kenny at the front desk!
Be sure to request room on a non-smoking FLOOR. We did notice smoke smell from a room several doors down the hall from us.
Our family of 4 stayed in a family suite. It is a bit worn out and dated. It comes with a living room and 2 small bedrooms. The bedroom is big enough for 1 person with a single bed, a nightstand, and a small closet. The family suite is big enough to add a rollaway bed without feeling crowed.
The sofa bed is a bit old and worn out. I was lucky enough to spent 6 nights on the sofa bed. The sofa bed was VERY uncomfortable. The mattress was very thin. I could feel every spring on that mattress! Everyone else in my family slept fine with no complains.
There are coin operated washer and dryer on the 9th floor. Be sure to exchange money for token at the front desk. No need to buy laundry detergent, it’s included. The facility was very clean. This was very handy for us. Since we packed light for this trip, it was nice to be able to do some laundry without sending them out and paying outrageous price!
Oh did I mention there was a welcoming fruit basket in the room as well?
Pool & Fitness Center:
Guests have free access to the pool facilities on the 2nd floor. During our stay the leisure pool was closed for cleaning. Only the lap pool was available. Pool towels and lockers are provided. There is a very small jacuzzi tub that fits about 4-5 people at the time.
To access the gym, you need to pay a daily fee. It was a typical hotel gym.
If you walk up north from the YMCA on Peking Rd, there is an exchange at the corner of Peking Rd. DO NOT exchange your money there. We made that mistake. The rate was awful and there was a service fee of $35HD. Instead, walk a few steps down Peking Rd and turn left onto Lock Rd (the first street you see). On your left side, 2-3 shops from the corner of Lock and Peking, you will see a small exchange shop. They have the best rate and there are NO service fees!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Salisbury has just completed a major room renovation. All 372 rooms and suites have been newly renovated featuring a modern and functional design. Complimentary free broadband WIFI access is available in all rooms. The hotel is a smoke free property and all rooms are non-smoking. Facilities include the Salisbury Dining Room, Mall Cafe, Banquet Rooms, Podium Garden, Fitness Centre with well-equipped Gymnasium, Indoor Swimming Pools, Jacuzzi, Y Shop, Hair Salon, Climbing Walls, Squash Courts and Basket Ball Court. "A Symphony of Lights" was awarded the world's "Largest Permanent Light and Sound Show" by Guinness World Records. This nightly spectacle combines interactive lights of more than 47 buildings on both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon with musical effects to showcase the vibrancy and glamorous night vista of Victoria Harbour. Our hotel guests could enjoy the spectacular show from our Harbour View Rooms and Harbour View Suites nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Salisbury-YMCA of Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salisbury-Ymca Of Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Ymca
- Ymca Salisbury Hong Kong
- Salisbury Hong Kong
- Salisbury Ymca Hong Kong
- Salisbury Ymca Hotel
- Ymca Hong Kong
- Salisbury Hotel Hong Kong