“Best but poor security servi e”
Review of Royal Plaza Hotel

Royal Plaza Hotel
Ranked #27 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel from 1/11 - 3/11 n i like as well my family as we find the rooms is so cozy the best hotel we ever stayed.

BUT too bad i dont like is security officer whom they allocate to tk care of lobby i really disappointed y cant i drink as he chase me away and ask me to drink out frm the hotel so i get my poor n hungry gal to eat near hotel compound after that we went in. After few mins, my daughter put up.her leg with her sandals up without courtezy this security guy jus ask her to bring dwn her leg while infront of us there is ang moh who is lying down on the sofa. TO make it short the manager cm out n apologise to me by jus giving my gal drink w stickers which both my gurl didnt drink.it. Hotel Royal plaza must send security offixer for courtesy courses

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Raslin
Write a ReviewReviews (4,266)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Location of the hotel is very ideal as it is close to Mong Kok east MTR (local metro). Though this station is not so ideal to go to other stations like Central or Airport, you can find connecting trains with no hassles. The refurbished rooms of the hotel are clean and well maintained.

But you will find the people at the reception very rude, unfriendly and mechanical. They are least bothered about their guests. Despite the previous booking (3 weeks in advance) and prior request for early check in, they were so rude and rigid that they did not give the room keys till 3 pm. They made us wait for exactly 2 1/2 hours despite pleading with them. Overnight flight journey without sleep and a long wait at their lounge with two young kids frustrated us. Had we not paid the room rent in advance, we would have walked out to some other hotel.

After all this long wait, they allotted a room almost like smokers' den; full of cigarette smell. When requested for change of room, they sent a room boy with a bottle of perfume to ward off the cigarette smell.

Terrible experience on my first day in Hong Kong. In contrast, people at the concierge were sweet and helpful.

I will never visit this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank prakashhegde
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My 2nd time staying in this hotel. The room I stayed have just renovated. Modern and spacious room. Hotel is just few min walking distance to MTR. Other than renovation at some of the hotel area, I have no other complain. Will visit the hotel again when all renovation is over.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
RPHHK, Director of Sales at Royal Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for your stay at Royal Plaza Hotel and your valuable comments towards our newly renovated room and the convenient location.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights from 2 to 5 November. My overall experience with Royal Plaza was pleasant. Of course all these come with a price.

Compliments:
1. Room was clean, spacious (as compare with other hotels in Hong Kong), organized and modern.
2. Good housekeeping - our room was always clean and organized when we returned from outings
3. Special and unique design of its bathroom with a big glass wall. It is good for the parents to monitor the children.
4. Good location. There is a MTR station (Mong Kok East) and a shopping mall (Grand Century Place) down stair. You can easily access to other places by train.

Improvements needed:
1. Check in time - waited about 40 minutes.
2. Given 2 different rooms which are far away and both of them were in different ends of the building. We have called in advance to make a special request as to place our rooms next to each other.
3. Renovation in progress and some areas are closed which causing inconveniences.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sai Keong C

Thank you very much for staying at Royal Plaza Hotel. Your valuable comments have been brought to the attention of the concerned department which would help to improve our service quality. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the not distant future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Room was new, spacious and cosy. Bath room was superb with bathtub and rain shower facilities. It even had a iPhone 5 docking station to charge and play songs. Location was good, with lots of things to see, eat and shop.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Hans1113
RPHHK, Director of Sales at Royal Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a week long vacation with my family. I spend 3 days for business and for them shopping...

The staff speaks English and very helpful. Rooms are big enough, clean, good beds for 5 of us and T&B.

Most shopping area & places are walking distance (5-10 mins) and others can be reach by MTR. Link to the hotel is Grand Century Mall where you have access to MTR Mongkok East Station. Easy to get to Disneyland, Ocean Park, Ngong Ping 360, Lantau island and direct to Airport.

You can try the Food Opera a fast food place at 4F where you can try wide choices of asia foods. They have also Chinese/Hong Kong restaurant on the 5F and Buffet at 1F.

Use the food bridge at 1F of the mall to link you to all your needs until Nathan Road.

For the past 4 visits in HK, this hotel is my family 1st choice to stay in future visits.

The hotel have free shuttle access to MTR Kowloon and both ways every 20 mins your direct ride to airport express.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Benjie G
RPHHK, Director of Sales at Royal Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments towards our newly renovated rooms and the convenient location. Your compliments will definitely motivate all the hotel staff to keep on delivering the best service as we can.
Please do let us know when you will be visiting us again and we will be delighted to extend our genuine hospitality to you and your VIP guest.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I had read reviews on this hotel that were mostly good but a little mixed. This past summer I stayed at the Ritz Carlton hotels in Beijing and Shanghai. I would favorably compare my current room to those stays. The hotel is apparently undergoing extensive renovation.y room was very modern, well appointed and very clean. This was my first trip tho Hong Kong so it is difficult for me evaluate location. It seemed that I had to work hard at getting places but, as mentioned , I have no good point of reference.

• Stayed: October 2013