“Comfortable for a month”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #54 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Logan, Utah
“Comfortable for a month”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have just spent a month at the Royal Park Hotel, and it was a comfortable one. The king bed was excellent, the breakfast buffet (part of my package, but important in an area where breakfast, especially western style breakfast, is hard to come by) had something for everyone. The service excellent in all respects. The concierge staff, the desk, and especially the housekeeping staff took proper care of me. My 7th floor room looked down on Sha Tin Park and the river. I recommend the park for comfortable, safe strolls in the evening.

I was on business, so the location in Sha Tin was ideal for me. You never have to go outside to get to the MTR station, so you can avoid some of the heat and humidity/rain. For those using it as a tourist base, it is an hour's trip to Central, but connections to Kowloon are excellent, and the trains run every two minutes or so. If you stay there, you might find the temples, and especially the Temple of 10,000 Buddhas worth a visit. They are just beyond the MTR station.

I never had the need to eat in the Hotel's many restaurants, since there are many options in the New Town Mall and Hilton Plaza. For good and inexpensive, try the Red Ant. Wing Lai Yuen Sze Chuen Noodles is also a really good place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Norm J
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive comment placed on TripAdvisor. I am glad you find our hotel in an excellent location and my colleagues from Front Desk, Housekeeping and Food & Beverage had make your stay an enjoyable one. Once again, thank you for your patronage, my colleauges and myself are look forward to having the pleasure to welcoming you to our hotel in future.
Wish you all the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed for around 2 weeks in August / september. Service and rooms were better than average. we tried 2 rooms, one with access to the Executive Lounge where we were able to take advantage of the daily free breakfast / evening snacks and unlimited free drinks and the other a very similar room with nice views over the river but without lounge access. The less expensive room without lounge access proved a winner as it gave great flexibility to try out the various excellent hotel dining options (25% discount for hotel guests) with the same standard of room.
Whilst this hotel is outside of the city it is very convent for getting around town. The excellent Shatin New Town Plaza shopping mall is accessed directly from the hotel and the renowned TST shopping area and Mongkok markets are only a short ride from Shatin MTR station which is a few minutes walk (indoor air conditioned) from the hotel. The hotel also has free shuttle bus services to the airport and TST. Overall a good standard hotel at an economical price.

Room Tip: most rooms seem to be similar - high floor with river view preferred
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with Royal Park Hotel and provide with your positve comments on our location and facilities. I am glad to learn you enjoy your stay with us and my colleagues had made your stay an enjoyable one. Your comment on the hotel next to the big New Town Plaza also provide a useful tips to all traveller to Hong Kong.
Thank you for staying with us , my colleagues and my self are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you to our hotel in future.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel for my first holiday in Hong Kong. The room was spacious and clean. I didn't get to use the facilities or dine in the hotel so cannot comment on other things just that overall it's a very comfortable stay and reasonable price. The location can be a bit of a minus since it takes a bit of time to get to the city and main tourist attractions however it's a short walk to mtr station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charbboon
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Royal Park Hotel as your accomodation whilst you visit Hong Kong and your positive comments regarding our hotel. I am glad that you find our hotel facilities suited your needs and my colleagues did do their very best to make your stay an enjoyable. Once again, thank you for staying with us and should you wish to visit Hong Kong again in future. please take some time to browse on our hotel website for the latest promotion.
Wish you and your family all the best.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family for a good 3 weeks in August. We checked in without any issues and were taken up to our room by a porter. We had booked rooms on the top floor which were exquisite, there was also a private lounge for us which had complimentary refreshments as well as serving breakfast and afternoon tea. The rooms were clean and spotless and we found getting around very easy as the hotel is located next to a mall and mtr station. The staff spoke good English as our Chinese is pretty rusty being English born, but on the whole cant complain! There was also wifi included in the room rate which had pretty good connection a lot of the time. The breakfast was good, in the lounge breakfast was only served at specific times so we sometimes ate in the 2+2 cafe which was just as good! Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jasmin L
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Royal Park Hotel as your accomodation in Hong Kong and your positive comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn you enjoy your stay with us and my colleagues had done their very best to make your stay an enjoyable one. Your comment complimented our service on the Upper Lounge was very much appreciated. This comment certainly will relay to all my colleagues for encouragement. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleauges and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.
Jingzhou, China
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel. The first time we took mtr but had to drag our luggage and kids through the mall all the way to the hotel so this time we learned and took the bus from the airport and the stop was right in front of hotel..fantastic. Had to wait for the room so went to mall to eat. Great that it's so conveniently located next to malls. Breakfast buffet is still good. The only thing was that this time we booked the noah's ark exploration package. Which advertised that it included (cut from website):

One night accommodation in Superior Room
Two complimentary Noah's Ark admission tickets.
Round trip shuttle bus service to/from Mongkok Grand Century Place & Noah's Ark
Welcome fruit
Complimentary daily buffet breakfast for 2 persons at 2+2 café.
Complimentary shuttle bus service to/from hotel & Tsimshatsui
Free use of Health Club facilities including gymnasium, swimming pool & steam room

We did not get our welcome fruit but that was fine. But we thought we get two tickets for every night we booked and since we booked 2 nights we thought we'd get 4 tickets...but we were informed that no matter how many nights you book you only get 2 tickets. So if you want/need more tickets then you will need to book each night separately. Then when my husband went to book the listed round trip shuttle bus to mongkok and noah's ark, he was told he would have to pay for it. He was surprised since it was listed as one of the privileges but was told my the manager that since it does not specifically state that it is a "complimentary" service that statement is simply to inform you that it is a service that is available. That didn't seem right. All that to say is if you book this hotel and choose one of the special promotional packages know that if it does not state "complimentary" you will still have to pay for the service mentioned.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank fucuixia
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Royal Park Hotel as your accomodation during your last visit in Hong Kong. I am glad to know you find our hotel in good location and my staff had do their best to make your stay comfortable. Concerning the room package issue, please accept my sincere apologies on the inconvenience caused. The Marketing Team had look into the wording and amend as appropriate. Hope that this isolated incident did not mar your overall impression towards our hotel. Once again, thank you for staying with us in the past and should you wish to visit Hong Kong in future. You may contact the undersigned directly for reservation. My colleagues and myself are look forward to welcoming back to our hotel in future.
calgary
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here 10 days on a long stay package as we were visiting people Shatin. The room (1 king bed which they call a double) was really roomy with a sitting area and chaise. People at the hotel are really helpful and speak many languages. There's alot of hotel-run restaurants to choose from which seem to offer some kind of very popular buffet at any time of the day. This hotel was connect to a busy mall which also includes the Yata grocery and department store, lots of eateries, and low-high end shopping. Definitely a bit out of the central HK, but convenient enough to get there by MTR and find some downtime. Well-equipped gym with adjoining pool and deck, steam rooms. Also, very walkable to river, boardwalk and park.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank choco388
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Royal Park Hotel as your accomodation whilst your visit in Hong Kong. I am glad to learn of your positive comments towards our hotel regarding good location and my collleagues did do their very best to make your stay comfortable. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future. Should you plan to come to Hong Kong, please take some time to browse on our hotel website for our latest room promotion or email to Executive Office for resevation. Wish you all the best.
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as a family during our visit to HK. This hotel is at a very convenient location, right above the MTR station in Shatin. Rooms are large and easily sleep 4. There
is free shuttle between the hotel and Tsimshatsui. If you get an Octopus card, you can use
the MTR for transportation. The Wifi service is free also.

Room Tip: Good location for shopping and eating.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vlau2
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Royal Park Hotel as your accomodation during you last visit to Hong Kong. I am pleased to learnt you find our hotel in convenient location and my staff did do their very best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. should you wish to return to our hotel in future, please take some time to browse on our hotel website for our latest room promotion. Wish you all the best.