“Good choice!”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #49 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Highly recommend to everyone who wants to avoid staying at rooms 7 sqm:) Good location, acceptable price for HK standarts! we got a nice room with a great river view, really nice:) No problems with getting anywhere at all:) Stuff can speak english enough to be understood:)

Room Tip: Better ask a room with a river view:) Sunday-monday room prices are the best:)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrey M
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive comments towards our hotel. Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good hotel, close to transport and tons of shops. Nice park next door and race course at next MTR stop. Clean rooms, easy to access paid wifi in room (not so in the lobby but it just have been me). Staff were nice and helpful. Will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay wit hus and your positve comments towards us. Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

It's in Kowloon but very convenient because the hotel provides shuttle to a location close to TST station. Tourists familiar with subway systems also won't have a problem with access without the shuttle. The city bus A41 from the airport was an easy ride to the hotel. We were lucky to get the front-top seat of the double-decker bus...great introduction to night views of Hong Kong. The bus stop is located right outside the hotel so it's convenient and economical to catch it on the return trip to the airport as well.

The room was a little cramped on my side (near closet), but was kept very clean. We loved the New Town Malls and the shopping area across the walkway (where McDonald's is located). While the New Town Mall can be very confusing because it's huge, there were always signs indicating which way to get to Royal Park Hotel. And what fun just to window shop after a day of touring the sights.

The concierge and housekeeping staff were excellent throughout our 7-night stay in late October 2012. On our first day using their free shuttle, one of the concierge staff members took the initiative (while we were seated in the lobby waiting for the shuttle) to inform us about their 50% special for Sky100, and informed the hotel shuttle would drop us off there. We didn't know this was available...so that's what we did and it was fantastic (was a gorgeous day---fabulous view). On subsequent days, they were very accommodating and helpful in showing us on the map how to get to the places we wanted to see that day.

The beds were comfortable, and facilities immaculate. Indoor access to the malls (New Town I, II & III and City Mall) was outstanding. And while we didn't eat in the hotel, we used the restroom near the lobby (while waiting for shuttle), which is located within a restaurant. During the day, my friend realized she had lost her name-brand sunglasses. In the evening after a full day of sightseeing, we decided to check with the restaurant to ask if anyone found it, knowing it was a long shot. What a surprise to find they had set it aside and were very happy to find the owner.

We had a terrific time in Hong Kong, and the hotel location and staff contributed to the wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Sorry..no tip to help choose a good room. We weren't offered an upgrade to our room as some oth...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive comments towards our staff. I am glad that my colleagues had provide services which up to your satisfaction adn make your stay enjoyable. Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel lacks some kind of grandeur or refinement to complete 5 star standard. I would give it a 4,5 *. We had a room with club privileges which made the stay more delightful and comfortable. I would recommend to get this type of booking which gives a great value for the money, especially in Hong Kong. The lounge service, food and bar were impeccable. The gym and swimming pool were spacious and clean as well as provided the needed relaxation from the city buzz.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
Your comments towards our Upper Floor were highly appreciated. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Royal Park Hotel should you plan to visit Hong Kong in future.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel. My recent stay totally ruin my trip. We stayed at this hotel for few nights. One morning my toddler was upset about something and he cried for like 3 minutes inside the room. We immediately got complain and 2 security guard came up. Knowing it's our own fault, I apologize if that caused any inconvenience to others. I promised that I will try to calm him down.Two minutes after, the security guards knocked on the door again and this time they had very bad attitude and ordered me to stop the noise. I let them know that I have been trying to calm down my crying toddler. I honestly got very upset. As a guest, I do not deserve such attitude. For the rest of days during our stay, we need to constantly to remind our toddler to lower down his voice. I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel. Even the security guard in the lobby does not welcome kids. One incident my son was sitting down on the floor right near sofa and we were blamed by him twice. I am a frequent traveler and have been stayed at different hotel, I never experienced such service.

I wish the staff could be more friendly. This is going to be my last day at Royal Park Hotel. I will not return and not recommend to anyone who travel with kids, especially young children.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank campertwins
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us recently and your feedback on our service. Investigation had been made upon receiving you comment on Trip Advisor and record shows that we had received complaint from other guests on the disturbance at that particular morning. Nevertheless, i cannot agree more that my colleagues could have handled your case more tactfully. Please accept my sincere apologies on all the inconvenience caused to you. Hope that this isolated indicent did not mar your impression towards our hotel and provide us with another opportunity to serve you and family should you return to Hong Kong in the near future.
Wish you all the best in Year 2013.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Recently stayed at the Royal Park Hotel for three nights while in Hong Kong for a conference - and was generally very happy. The room was fairly big and had everything you would expect from a hotel of this type. Internet worked very well - both via Wifi and LAN (with a cable provided in every room). The interior design and of the rooms is not very modern - but if you aren't looking for an avant garde interior, you won't mind.
Breakfast was fine, with a very decent selection of Western and Asian food. The staff at breakfast were almost too efficient - the sometimes removed plates and cups of coffee even though people hadn't left yet but were simply getting some more food. There are two types of coffee: if you just ask for a coffee, you'll get filter coffee (of mediocre quality); but if you go and make your own coffee from the machine in the buffet area, you'll be much more happy.
There are countless buttons in the hotel (for example in the lifts) with a sign that says that they are disinfected hourly. I suppose this is a left-over from the SARS problems - I never saw anybody disinfecting them...
The hotel is not very centrally located - but it is only a few minutes away (through a shopping centre, of course) from the nearest MTR station.
On the whole, this was a pleasant - but not an outstanding - experience. I wouldn't mind staying here again, but I also wouldn't go out of my way in order to do so.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay and your comments towards our hotel adn i am happy to learn that you enjoy your stay with us. In regards to your comment on the lift button, please be informed that those measures are due to the broke out of Swine Flu in Middle East but not from SARS in year 2003.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and my colleagues and myself are look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Clean and affordable hotel with friendly staff. Easily accessible by MTR inside the New Town Plaza. Will stay here again in future visits. Breakfast is not great but will do for those who are not picky. Buffet breakfast is served until late in the morning which is good for late risers.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank onebell
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at Royal Park Hotel and your compliment towards our service and facilities. Look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.