“Excellent location”

Ranked #88 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Bali, Indonesia
“Excellent location”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We couldn't get our usual favourite hotel so tried this as it had a good price for what was advertised.

The location was superb and overall service was quite good, especially room service, although under pressure at a busy reception, the efficient staff could show a little more warmth to guests.

We had rooms in the refurbished wing of the hotel. The rooms were smaller than anticipated but ok although the mattresses very uncomfortable. Cleanliness of the rooms wasn't of a high standard, just mediocre ie, hairs left in the bathroom from, previous guests, pink mould on the tiles, dust etc around the furniture legs and behind.

Overall, we were fairly satisfied and would stay there again as our second choice, based on price and location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Khobar
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our room was relatively small, but service was really good. When we request for pillow or water, or anything, the service was so prompt. At the same time, there will be a follow-up call if we received what we requested.
We requested a tour at the concierge, we were referred to great tour company.

One draw back is the restaurant at the ground level - we went in for late dinner and ordered Hainese Chicken (their specialty, we were disappointed, it wasn't cooked properly ..was bloody, but the rest of the food ordered were good.
We requested for airport transport, we got picked up on time even the huge bus had us only as passengers. The bell staff were so gracious to take care of our luggage, and took them to the bus. You don't see this helpfulness anywhere in Europe or USA
Overall, it is a great hotel with very convenient location to shopping and eateries.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
Reviewed April 11, 2013

For business, I needed to travel to Hong Kong last month. It was the first time I stayed in Kowloon across the bay instead of Wanchai. Kowloon is indeed a lot more quiet, but I had to take the ferry to Wanchai and the Exhibition Center each morning which was not a big inconvenience.

A Chinese friend of mine had recommended this hotel where he was staying too. Indeed, they gave me an upgrade on my arrival to Harbour View room and it was nice. The room was clean and spacious, also because it was a Premier Plus room because standard rooms were fully booked. I included the buffet breakfast which was very complete with Conventional and Asian food. I sticked to the Asian food because it was delicious; dim sum, noodles, sauted vegetables. Personal was very helpfull in order to give instructions which directions to take to the Gateway, the ferry and Canton Road.

Room Tip: Premier Plus room is better although more expensive. Harbour view is nice, but nothing more then tha...
Boston
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Decent rooms, excellent location, and reasonable price. If you do not want/need a prestige brand name but value comfort and convenience, this is a very good option.

Location: On the harbor in the heart of Kowloon, directly on the fanciest shopping streets and mall, an easy 10 minute walk north to street food above Jordan Road and 10 minute walk south to the Star Ferry, close to MTR station and the Kowloon Station of the Airport Express,
Advice: From HKG, buy a roundtrip Airport Express Ticket to Kowloon Station and use the free K2 Shuttle to the Royal Pacific. To HKG, take the K2 shuttle from the hotel basement level, check in for your flight at Airport Express Kowloon to avoid lines at HKG. Airport Express service is more frequen, faster and cheaper than the hotel bus/limo service. If you buy the MTR Airport Express package with transit pass note that the pass will not work in buses.

Room: The room was very clean and middling small. Equipped, with comfortable bed, small closet, flat screen, hot pot, safe, desk, robe. Bathroom had a tub. No iron.
Advice: Bring an extension cord with multiple outlets and UK standard adapter plug.
Advice: I opted for a city view room. A colleague was happy paying extra for a spectacular Harbor View.

Amenities and services: Breakfast was good with fare to satisfy Chinese, British, American, and European tastes. My deal included free wifi -- worked well. Elevators were slow, with long delays in peak periods. Concierge offered useful advice on dining and other matters. More than the usual recommendations for tourist places with kickbacks.

Bottom Line: This is a very good selection for business or tourism in Hong Kong. Would stay there again.

3 Thank aversetospam
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I was there with my girlfriend on last weekend and I booked this hotel thorough booking.com. However they charged me the amount of money before the date that I was supposed to Check in and again when I got there on the date that I was supposed to be there. I did not know that they have already took money from my credit card so I also paid the amount of money that I was supposed to pay when I checked out from there. They are not that quick enough to find out what was wrong with them. I am still waiting for them to reply me back. I hope the GM also read this comment and make better service for the others.

• Stayed April 2013
RoyalPacificHotelHK, 總經理 at The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear JunPyo H,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers.

With regard to the credit card pre-authorisation issue during your stay, our staff have already contacted you via email on 11 April to rectify the issue. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

May we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards
Kevin Chuc
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel several times over the years. I choose it because of the location: great area for shopping, eating and close to various transportation means. The rooms are rather small, which is not unusual for Hong Kong, but they are clean, functional and with free wi-fi! Overall a good quality/price ratio. The layout of the building can be confusing, it takes a little getting used to.

perth
Reviewed April 7, 2013

First time in Hong Kong for a stop over before continuing on my Trip. Lovely location on Canton Road, where Tiffanys, Burberry etc shops are great for window shopping, Room was quiet and very clean and comfortable. I arrived at 9.30am, unfortunately my room wasn't ready till 11.30am. Hotel is 10 minute walk from the clock tower on the Victoria Harbour, felt safe walking around at 9.30pm at night after Symphony of lights experience on the Harbour. Hotel is on the Hotel bus route from the Airport which costs HK $130 which is cheaper than the taxi rate of HK $300. I caught both as my departing flight had changed and when I went to cancel my return Hotel Bus back to the airport, because I didn't do it at least 1 hour before, I was charged the HK $130, even though this bus collects and drops off from various Hotels.
The bus took approx 45 mins to drop me off - really clean bus I was the only passenger. It would take longer if dropping off at other Hotels. It depends on your Hotel chain which bus you get, so at the Airport - Hotel bus transport at C15, they will book you on the correct bus. My taxi driver didn't know about the speed limit haha! - we got back to the airport in 20 mins and that was while he decided to have a drink and eat some food at the same time.
Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful (apart from the HK$130 bus charge) you get 2 bottles of complimentary water in your room.I would stay here again - check the Internet for good Hotel room rates.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have a great view of the Harbour. You need swipe card to access lifts.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo