Having read the reviews for this hotel I was a little concerned that the service and general finish of the rooms would not be up to the standard I enjoy but I was pleasantly surprised. I was given a room on Level 20 in the water front tower but I must say the view was very poor. I was looking straight into an office building across the laneway. This is the first time I did not have a harbour view from my hotel (I have got to admit to one other time when I had an overnight stay in the Airport Marriott Hotel last year) when I have stayed in Hong Kong although it is the first time I have stayed in this hotel.
The room was spacious with all the amenities with the exception of any coffee. It did have an electric kettle and two cups but nothing else ie no spoons or milk. Luckily I always carry my own coffee bags and only every drink my coffee black. The bathroom had all the amenities you could ask for. The bed was very comfortable.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. If I have any complaint about them it would be the fact the staff seem to be very slow filling all of the required information on their computer.
I was expecting a very poor breakfast having read a number of the reviews but I found the food nice and very variable suiting most tastes. The cost of the breakfast was reasonable at $HK210 certainly value for money. No complaints from me there.
I will stay there again. My big complaint was the very high cost of using the club lounge at $HK770 per day. I regularly use club lounges when they are in the hotel I am staying at but I refuse to pay such a high price for the privilege. This cost is nearly 50% of my room rate and for what, a average breakfast and a few nibbles and limited drinks in the afternoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Canton Road in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui,our hotel borders one of Hong Kong’s most vibrant retail and dining precincts. From this prime Kowloon location, our guests can enjoy postcard-worthy views of Victoria Harbour and explore the best the city has to offer. Within walking distance to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway and Star Ferry, The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers is the only Hong Kong hotel with direct access to the China-Macau Ferry. Access to the HK International Airport is also easy and fast within one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Pacific Hotel And Towers
- Royal Pacific Hotel Hong Kong
- The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers Hong Kong