“Nice Hotel in Central location”
Review of The Royal Garden

The Royal Garden
Ranked #40 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The Hotel has some very good points. The room was very modern, well furnished and decorated. It is in a cracking location and most attractions are reached easily by walking or public transport.
All rooms are around the spectacular garden atrium, which has that real wow factor.
The Hotel advertises a coffee lounge area, but there isn't a sperate area, it is basically one of the tables in the main dining area. A seperate room would be more what we were expecting.
The Bar is possibily the strangest I have ever been in. We found it difficult to find and once we had arrived, we felt a little uncomfortable. In a Big 5 star Hotel you would expect a buzzing Bar area, with lots going on. It was more like your own lounge at home, a very small area with approx 20 chairs around 4 or 5 tables. We were the only people in the bar and it was like a library, great if that's what you're looking for, but thought there would be more options in a 5 star hotel.
The pool on the roof was being renovated so closed during our visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank bearstare
Write a ReviewReviews (2,119)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Good Point:
I have stay in this hotel many years ago for my business trip, it gave me a very good impression at that time, this time return to this hotel, and it was awful.

Good point about this hotel is it's location only, but there are many other hotels just next to it at very reasonable prices.

Bad Points:
(1) The Beds - During my booking, the advertisement stated for 2 adult and 1 child, after checking in, only realised there are 2 x single beds at 1.1Meter.

To me, since the hotel offering 2 adult and 1 child, and I have paid for 2 adult and 1 child, then they should make sure the room or beds can cater for 2 adult and 1 child, sorry it was not the case.

(2) Room size is not as big as I expected, it is just NOT really a 5 stars hotel feels and not comfortable for 2 adults and 1 child at all.

(3) During my stay the swimming was closed (For renovation?), so they arrange another pool for us across the road, but unfortunately this indoor swimming pool is just about 30 feet x 20 feet, I would not call it a pool, it is more like a giant bathtub to me, the water looks dirty also. I think even the swimming pool is closed for renovation, the hotel should choose a better swimming pool for replacement, after all, this replacement swimming pool is carrying their name.

(4) No recreation facilities at all, Not suitable for family with young children or even with older children, the hotel frond desk also admitted this hotel is target for business guest only.

(5) Lobby is tiny, a lot of people walking around, very busy lobby. It looks like a 3-4 stars hotel lobby to me. Therefore there are no sofa or so at the lobby, if you are meeting some one in the lobby, you also will not know where to sit for a chat.

(6) The hotel is connected to a shopping mall, but only selling branded items only such as Rolex.

(7) Room do not have a bathtub, I remember most of the 5 stars hotel have bathtub.

(8) it gave us a small kettle, I could not find a place to put this mini kettle, so I have to put it on the writing desk, also there is no mini bar - At least I could not find it.

(9) Window is dirty and got stain on it, if you want to see thru the window, you will see the dirt too. I do not know how long they have not clean the window.

(10) No view to see anyway from my room 903.

10 bad points at least, I will not go back there again since Hong Kong still got plenty of choices, especially around Royal Garden.

Room Tip: No good room, sorry
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Wingwing168
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I returned to the Royal Garden and was pleased to find the same high standards and quality.

The Crown Club is staffed by Teresa and a extremely professional staff who are gracious, efficient and eager to assist. Daniel always seems to know exactly what I want as soon as I enter the club room, before I even have the opportunity to ask for it.

The entire hotel is immaculate and management is continuously making improvements. On this trip for example, I stayed in one of the refurbished executive rooms, which was very tastefully done. I was also provided with a complementary global satellite cell phone for my entire stay.

Located in TST, you're in walking distance to Victoria Harbor, Nathan Road shopping, the train station, and a vast array of diverse restaurants (although the ones in the RG are nothing short of excellent).

I've stayed at several 5 star properties in HK and would rate the RG right up there with the very best.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank barrybrandman
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I just check out from the hotel, location wise its great! Food is excellent! But,
My kids couldnt sleep most nights because it was very very noisy! Music til 1 am
We were told that wifi was free, and when we checked out, we paid almost 1500 us dollar :)

2  Thank Umrashid
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a great hotel if you are staying in Kowloon, when I stay away from the airport I always choose the Royal Garden. It is in a fantastic location and the staff is amazing. The rooms are clean and remodeled. You cannot go wrong with this wonderful hotel. My daughter loves the pool and being so close to the harbor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in a premium room and the hotel is in a very good location short walk to TST East MTR and the bustling road of Nathan. Room is of a good comfortable size and clean but during the day time there's construction noise from the roof top. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed for five nights in a Premium-room, and loved the spacious room (for HK standard) with very comfortable beds. Loved the rainforest shower, and the large mirrors and plenty of good lighting. Very clean, and recently refurbished. We were offered half price for the breakfast buffet, and it was really a great and various selection of food. The staff was attentive and polite, and the service was excellent. The relaxed and spacious feeling in the hotel is a nice escape from the busy Nathan Road, which is only a few minutes walk from the hotel.
The location is great - within 5-10 minutes walk is TST MTR station, Avenue of the Stars,Harbour City, Star Ferry, Granville Road and Nathan Road. Around the corner you'll find McDonalds, 7eleven, ATM and a bunch of eateries of all kinds. Getting to intown-checkin at Kowloon Station you need to take a taxi (about 50 HKD) or the free shuttle bus from Hotel Shangri-La which is located next door.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends