Newton Hotel Hong Kong
$200
$157
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$234
$152
$143
$113
Agoda.com
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$144
$113
$106
$80
Agoda.com
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$97
$71
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I have been to this hotel last Christmas holiday with my family. We check in with okay service then we check out for Macau 1 day and come back to this hotel again. Since we have a big luggage that we dont think we will need it in Macau, we want to store it at Newton Hotel since we will come back again in the next day. However, the luggage storage for their own guest is charges about HK$ 10/ pc.

When we come back, I was having quite sea sickness and would like to relax on the sauna area, but the sauna was turned off and I call the operator ask them to turn it on since I want to use it. the operator initially okay my request; however, after waiting 10 minutes nothing happened and I called again and being transfered to House keeping which tell me that we need pay some money to use Sauna because it is "Facility" since it use extra energy. I told them why not giving allocated elevator use per day for the guest so that they can save some energy too.

I have been to many hotels in many countries and this is the first time that the hotel charge for every service that they have to provided. Luckily, I am not charge for the greeting that they did at the front door.

Overall, good location, but if you can find same price, I would suggest city garden hotel, 1 block further from the MTR station(SUbway) but better service and still in the same area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed December 22, 2009

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed December 17, 2009

Stayed here for a night and the service of some of the staff excellent. The porters, doormen very helpful . Reception check in was a tad on the slow side and a bit of an effort to get done but eventually managed to get everything done.
Restaurant. Breakfast was ok but limited choice .
Rooms : Small but clean and liked having a bath tub . Nice views overlooking Causeway Bay.
Aircon worked well , the water was hot , mini bar very basic but ok.
No cable satelite Tv.
All in all a very pleasent 3 star property on Hong island . Its address is in Wanchai and although not in the main part of Wanchai it is only a 2 minutes walk to the MTR ( tube ) station and 2 or 3 stops to Wanchai MTR stop ( alternaively a pleasent 20 minute walk).
Woulkd defineyely consider staying again on my next trip back to Hong Kong

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business