“Unexpected Good Services” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nathan Hotel
Ranked #98 of 713 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Unexpected Good Services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Arrived Nathan Hotel on 07/08/2013, the front desk greeted us with their warm smiles & told us that they have upgraded us from Superior room to a Deluxe room. The room is so much spacious & to my surprise is that I have stayed so many hotels in HongKong but this is the only one that surprise me that they provided bolster........ OMG..... I just super likey!!! Everyday the moment we reached the hotel lobby, the staffs always greeted us with warm smile. I will definitely go back to Nathan Hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Irene_HYP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We recently stayed at the Nathan Hotel which was in the heart of the shopping on Nathan Street, which was around the corner. Taxis were easy to get from here. Check-in was a breeze and in fact, we checked in early (about 3 hours early) in one room with no problem. We had rooms next to each other that were newly renovated with many gadgets, like a doorbell, buttons for all the lighting (which were very cool) and a 46 inch TV on the wall. The room was very modern and sleek; the bathroom was an adequate size without a bathtub, but loved the shower. There were plenty of amenities in the bathroom such as lotion, bath gel, shampoo/conditioner, a brush/comb, toothbrush/paste, etc. (If you want to lighten your load coming over, you can surely leave some of your toiletries at home!) The robes were luxurious. Internet and breakfast were included in the price which is why I picked this hotel, besides the location. The breakfast was adequate with made-to-order eggs, salads, breads, yogurts, etc. I had tea in the room. Rooms, here, aren't large, but they were a good size for us and our belongings. Starbucks was on the first floor of the building. We walked down to the Star Ferry pier so we didn't use the MTR, but we were about 3 blocks to the station. There was good shopping walking down Nathan Street to the harbor area - loved the Sasa cosmetic store (like Sephora) closest to the hotel and the Sogo department store. There's construction in front of the hotel, but didn't impede us in any way.

We were even given breakfast boxes to take with us since were leaving the hotel prior to the 7 a.m. breakfast time. (Be sure to ask for it if you have an early flight).

The only issue I had with the hotel is when were checking out. A hotel representative wanted us to wait in the lobby before getting our taxi to the hotel, while our rooms were checked to ascertain if anything was missing. I found this request to be quite offensive and I don't know if this was a standard request for each guest, but I had never experienced this before at any hotel, especially, given that we were trying to catch an early flight back to the U.S.

I would stay here again, but the last dealing with the hotel left me a bit sour.

2 Thank Kat714
tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just got back from two nights at the Nathan. This was our third visit to the Nathan and we had asked to be on a renovated floor. Last summer we were on a floor under renovation with a very musty smell. We were upgraded to the Nathan floor and stayed in a large, well decorated, very comfortable room. The service was outstanding with a helpful front desk staff. The Nathan is well located and convenient to the metro.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a renovated floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tfftraveler
india
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in July. We booked 2 rooms. One was a double and the other a triple room. The double room was in the renovated part of the hotel. But the triple room was in the old building. As soon as we entered the floor it was very musty and dinghy. So don't forget to ask them for a new room when you make a reservation. Also the view from the window was pipes running along the walls!!!
The lift was even more confusing. Everytime we needed to go to the other room we had to come to the lobby and take another lift.
The double room was fine. I had no complaints about it.
We stayed 3 nights and the breakfast was very similar everyday. You had to go to the 14th floor by lift and then walk up to the 15th floor for breakfast.
The only good thing is its near the Jordan metro station.

Room Tip: "Stay in the renovated rooms"
1 Thank bhuvana s
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked the hotel on my recent trip based on reviews and stayed three nights, checked out to go to Macau and stayed 1 more night after. I got a room on the 8th floor on my first stay and it was clean and comfortable enough. However when I checked in again the second time after my trip frm Macau I was given a room on the 6th floor but it was not satisfactory as the room had a stale smell and there was noise frm some ongoing renovation. I asked for a change and the staff explained that I was upgraded for the first stay and the renovation work would stop by 6pm. I insisted and was given another room on the 6th floor and although it was better, the twin beds were smaller than that on the 8th floor. The room still had a stale smell but it went away after switching on the aircon for a while. In terms of service the porters at the ground floor were polite and helpful and the location is convenient.

Room Tip: seems rooms on the high floor are better
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lil822167
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Wifi is the worse. Signal is very low. Disconnects all the time, and for every disconnect and connect, you need to go through the all sign in process. The king size bed turned to be two (not so comfortable) joined single beds.
Other then that, very clean, very good service, good location - 5 minutes walk to Jordan station.
I would come again

1 Thank YaronHaim
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and that was great nights with good service.Eventhough we reached the hotel around 11AM got checked in and upgraded for better room to comfort three of us.In penthouse they tried to give good veg foods as much they can that was ok for some level when compared to outside food.Check in and check out took hardley 5 minutes for us.Will look forward to stay back.

1 Thank Venkat R