New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #98 of 697 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne
“Nice renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed in a Nathan room. Good sized room by HK standards with good amenities. Bathroom was a very tight fit and only had a shower . Great hot water and no water all over the floor after a shower. Breakfast was good. Not sure of the Nathan Lounge concept. I was expecting a club type lounge rather than a small room on each Nathan floor. It didnt really add much value to my stay other than a decent coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ozinkl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the Nathan Hotel for 6 days, based on recommendations from Trip Advisor. We booked a Nathan room on the Nathan Floor with breakfast, and were upgraded to a Nathan Suite upon check-in. The room was very large with a sitting area, good size bathroom, clean and very quiet. Hotel staff helpful and no problem getting a late check-out. This hotel is in a great location, close to the Temple Street night market and public transportation. The breakfast buffet was not huge, but was nice to have eggs made to order, bacon, pastries, fresh fruit and juice, yogurt and coffee/tea each morning before heading out for the day of Chinese culinary options. We had no problems with the light control panel and air conditioning was more than adequate. There is still some remodeling that is occurring, but none on the 9th floor where our room was. We were very pleased with this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a city view room and asked if it had been remodeled, which it had.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed an special offer including breakfast, so for me it worth what I paid
Small rooms
Clean
Limited buffet breakfast options
Great location
Calm and quite
Friendly staff
Enjoyed a late check-out
Bali bar is not bad if you are tired to leave the hotel, but don't expect so much, just drink
Recommended

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is just minutes away from the Jordan MTR and Temple Street. Lots of nice food and eateries around. The service of the hotel was quite ok. The shower curtain emitted a foul smell. We called for cleaners and they came almost immediately to change the curtains. I was pleasantly surprised when the cleaner politely declined the tip which we prepared for her.

I stayed at a Triple Superior Room instead of Executive Studio Suite. I did not really mind as I was traveling with my mother-in-law. Good to each have our own bed.

As mentioned by many other reviewers, the light control panel is highly confusing.

Novatel in Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For those who are not Australia "not happy Jan" is a take off from a TV advert in Australia. Hotel had been used before = very good experience. This time the good points...excellent foyer baggage staff, nice power adapter in room. The bad things... like Polywhirl before..the light contral panel is an overkill and complicated. Why not a simple switch. My continued hate is kettles that do not fill from bath room tap - why can they not have sufficient clearance. Room is basic. With a group of us would have been nice to have a toilet brush to clear of odd nasties.Seems they cut costs by only having one door so either the toilet is closed and the wardrobe wide open to view of visitors including the safe No hair dryer

Now the MAJOR COMPLAINT. Arrived after 15 hours of road and air travel. Reception DID NOT have the entire party of 6 booked in. For nearly 40 minutes there debate at the counter and the demand for an extra $A1000 for the last person (a six year old child). Eventually they relented and gave compensation - a few drink vouchers dated for the same day (not so helpful as we just wanted to sttle down after the long trip).

May be they had better take down the trip advisor certificate they have on the front reception

Room Tip: If you need a condom they provide one in the drawer (at a cost of course)
1 Thank ozziiesenior
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I read good reviews of this hotel but my experience there didn't match those. I booked direct with the hotel through their website for an Executive Studio Suite for 1 adult and 2 children (not cheap!) but when I got to the hotel I was told that the room could not accommodate 3 people (even though I specified three people when booking online), so the receptionist told me he would happily 'upgrade' me to a standard triple room. I wasn't convined so I asked to see both rooms, the standard triple was a big room with three beds, but was a standard room (i.e. a downgrade not an upgrade) and also smelled badly of cigarette smoke, I refused. The studio suite i was taken to I was told actually was a suite consisting of a living area with sofa, TV, wardrobe, desk and chair with a separate bathroom and large bedroom. Both the living area and the bedroom had nice flatscreen TV's but the decor was dated and the bathroom old-fashioned, nothing luxurious at all and felt grubby and in desperate need of refurbishment. Amenities included robes, safe, free water, wifi, aircon. I know this sounds very stupid but the room lights in the bedroom are controlled by a high tech gadget next to the bed that looks like a radio. We didn't realise that this gadget controlled the lights I think becuase it was so high tech it just didn't fit with the rest of the old fashioned decor of the room, we searched a long time for switches to turn off the lights but had to give up and ask someone to come up and turn off the lights for us. We also had to ask them to fix the wardrobe door which did not close properly so the light inside the wardrobe remained on even though the door was closed, as a result it lit up the room when all the other lights were (eventually) turned off. The maintenance guy came and then told me he fixed it but he didn't actually do anything, the problem remained, so I called again and he came back and just took the bulb out, problem solved I guess! The living area just had enough room for a rollaway bed for the third person. Our room rate didnt include breakfast so I can't comment on that. If Im honest my experience there means that I could not recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Poliwhirl
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We found this hotel on the Internet and it was better than expected. We checked in early after having a transfer meet us and we were given a room upgrade. All of the staff were friendly and helpful especially Leo Leung at the Concierge desk. The hotel is centrally located to Nathan road shops and the MTR, which is one of the easiest forms of public transport to use. The breakfast had a good variety of choices each morning. We will stay here on all future trips to Hong Kong. Just a small note don't feel you can't see any tourist attractions unless you are on a tour. Everything is easy to get to and it is also a lot cheaper.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple