“Modern Hotel in a Central Location”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #58 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 31, 2013

A slick ultra modern hotel centrally situated in Tsim Sha Tsui. Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights on business trip with excellent overall stay from check in till check out.

Front desk was very courteous and efficient during check in and check out. Concierge was very helpful in sending packages back to the states and giving suggestions for food in the surrounding area.

You will never go hungry or running out of things to do since the hotel is surrounded by restaurants and shops that are open till late.

The only downside of the hotel is the room size it is on a smaller size. Internet connection wasn't reliable. B'fast selection was great and they open pretty early in the morning.

Ask for a room that is facing Nathan Rd to get a good view of the area.

I will go back to The Mira both for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear CTX_Traveler
Thank you so much for your positive review! I am thrilled to know that you loved our service and thank you for your kind words on our buffet breakfast. I will certainly share your appreciation to the team. Concerning internet connection, I will address it to our IT Manager for future improvement. Please stay connected and I hope to see you again soon!
With Warm Regards
Gerhard Aicher

Write a ReviewReviews (3,173)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed for the past four years and I have found the hotel to be very good and well placed in Kowloon. Since its redevelopment it has become an amazing place to stay with great contemporary design and great staff. If you stay on the executive floor the experience gets even better with as little and as much luxury as you could possibly think. Staff greet you and take to the floor you are supposed to be on and check you in there. They also provide a local Hong Kong mobile phone that can be used for free for local and international calls even if it is a cell phone. Part of me wants to keep this a secret and to myself so it doesn't get busy. But it is just to good not to shout about. By far one of my favorites in Hong Kong

Room Tip: All the rooms have been amazing that I have stayed, but add the Mira Club lounge and things get bett...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Paul T
Many thanks for your support and it is our huge honour to be one of your favourites in HK! I am very proud of how we impressed you with attentive service, especially on our Mira Club (club floor). We will be doing our best to be your home away from home in HK and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Only downside is the rooms are quite dark, other than that it's great. The food in the hotel is very good. Didn't get chance to eat in all the reataurant's had a look inside them though and they all look good. The bar is very nice and I recommend the raspberry mojito!

• Stayed: October 2013

Hi tinasalt1
Thank you for your wonderful comments and your praise on our food and enviornment mean a lot to us. Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I will make sure your favourite raspberry mojito is ready for you upon your return.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here 6 nights - due to check out this morning. Pretty much booked on basis of previous travellers reviews and have not been let down.

Centrally located, walked most of Kowloon in the hunt for stores and restaurants and in the end came to the conclusion that the best is either across the road or right next door in the Mira Mall.

The Samsung Galaxy provided with the room works a treat - (except when heading over to Shenzen), so travelling around Hong Kong and wanted to know where we were or where the closest MTR was etc, just pulled it out of my pocket and it would locate us to within 10 feet.

Would happily stay again. Thanks

Room Tip: Accept that the rooms are a bit small but lovely bed to sleep in and my wife enjoyed a long soak in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hello keriman
Thanks for your review. I am glad to hear that our team members consistently deliver the excellent service to our guests and that you found our location convenient! Also very pleased to know that our Handy has leveraged your experience in HK further. Your kind notes will certainly inspire us to bring our hotel to the next level and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Mira was one of the best hotels I've stayed in, simply for these reasons:

Service: We love the service, in every aspect, from the front desk check-in/out to concierge to in-room dining & housekeeping. The service was always prompt & professional. The check-in/out service was great. Very accommodating to our requests. I had bought some small items which needed to be frozen and the in-room dining staff were extremely helpful to freeze the items till check-out for us. The staff speaks English well and are always eager to please. We also had the staff call in a doctor for my husband who was down with sorethroat and fever and the staff was excellent in securing a doctor and even ensuring we have everything we need to help the recovery.

Room: The ceiling, yes, it is on the low side and the overall decor is a bit dark. However, I don't really have problems with it. I like the stylish, modern decor of the room. It is very clean and overall, provided great, comfortable rest for us. We were on Level 16 - room 1606 and had a great view of the city garden and loved the spacious room we stayed in. Every time we stepped out of the room, any staff we encounter were very courteous in greeting and also making sure we know our way around.

Location: Can't say enough about the location. Surrounded by shopping, food and with the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR only a couple blocks away (about 5 minutes walk) and plenty of taxis around for the more difficult to get to places. We found it really easy to navigate around.

Value-Adds: Each room comes with a Samsung Handy (Samsung Note) which you can carry around out of the hotel throughout the period of your stay. It is already loaded with apps such as GPS maps, discounts, deals and attractions for you. Anyone calling the hotel and directed to your room phone will also be auto-directed to the Handy mobile. They do not provide a phone number for the phone so any incoming calls will be through the hotel. However, all outgoing calls to local and up to 25 countries are free of charge. That's what I call a value-add!

Room Tip: This is a non-smoking hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hi jarbebe
Many thanks for taking the time to share your mira-velous experience with us! I am thrilled to learn that you and your husband have been well looked after by our team members and that you liked almost every aspect in our hotel. We are proud of being the first hotel in Asia Pacific to provide our guests with Handy and I am glad that this service has given you an untimate convenience during your stay. We look forward to delivering another memorable stay for you in the near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Wife and I stayed at the Mira over a 4-5 day period while in Hong Kong as an alternative to another similar hotel in the area.
The last time we were here it was called the "Miramar" and it was 3 stars, so we were much surprised to see how much it's upgraded since then.

Location-wise, it's situated on "Nathan Road", one of the main roads in Hong Kong and is very close to the subway station. In the area are various coffee shops, retail shops, banks and 7-11s. Getting there from the airport worked out to be about 270 HKD, which is a steal.

Had a room on the Club level, which is great because you get that extra level of service, as well as a lounge area where they have free drinks and snacks.

PROS:
* Rooms are adequately large size with a view of the harbour. Could not fault it. Rooms also included a Samsung Galaxy Note device that you can use during your stay. Found it incredibly useful as I had a map and phone on me at all times, which meant I would not incur charges using my own phone.
* Beds were firm and comfortable, pillows were good too and catered to my large head.
* Bathroom had excellent toiletries and the rainfall shower head was divine!
* Breakfast, which was included, was in the lounge area and a good mix of east and west. Quality was top notch though I didn't try all that was on offer. A lot of attention to detail, and a wide range of things.
* Staff were also very helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. They'd also remember your name, which was a nice touch, and what you'd expect of this type of hotel.

CONS:
* Pricey, perhaps? But then again it is a 4-5 star hotel in the centre of the city.

I'd recommend the hotel to people I know, but think the Club benefits makes it most worthwhile.

Room Tip: Get a club room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello vwh187
Great to welcome you back after years and I am delighted to know that you were impressed by the transformation to "The Mira Hong Kong". Thank you for your positive and encouraging lines which mean a lot to us and certainly help us to always exceed your expections. Please stay connected with us and we hope to see you again at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The room was funky but quite small. Incredibly low ceilings in corridors (you'll have to stoop if you are over 6'6"). No iron in room and had to ask to have one brought up three times as every day it was taken away. Don't stay on the 17th floor as the ballroom is on the 18th and the staff will happily drag furniture around at 2.30am. On the positive side great location, free mobile/palm top for use by guests - including international calls and a nice (but expensive) spa.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sydamp

Dear Sydamp
First of all, please accept my sincere apology for your disappointing experience during your recent stay at our htoel. Please rest assured that we have taken note of your preference and to ensure we meet your expectations on your next visit, I would be grateful if you could provide your stay details to me (via email gmoffice@themirahotel.com). Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I look forward to hearing from you.