“Good Quality with Hong Kong Chic”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #44 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good Quality with Hong Kong Chic”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great location to be based, just off Nathan Road. Good amenities, with good service. Breakfast buffet is great with lots to choose from; European, Asian, omelettes, you name it, they do it. Concierge service is very helpful. Would stay there again if I had the opportunity.

Room Tip: Stayed on 7th floor. No good views from the hotel it seems.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sugus H, Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi Campagnolo39-53
Thanks for your comments. I am excited to hear that you liked most aspects in our hotel and the great service you received from our team members. We look forward to seeing you again should your travel brings you back to HK!
Best wishes
Gerhard Aicher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you're wanting to know what's wrong with this hotel then you're not going to find it in this review because I couldn't find fault at all.
I was expecting a good hotel but good was upgraded to great from the moment I arrived. The outward appearance of The Mira is modern and the welcome from the moment I stepped out of the cab was friendly and efficient. The foyer had the wow factor and by the the time I had finished admiring it I was checked in by the extremely efficient reception team and was on my way to my room. The decor throughout this hotel exudes luxury and excellence. The standard rooms are not overly large but were comparable in size with most hotels that I have stayed in and were plenty big enough. The point of difference of the rooms in this hotel with most is that they are very well appointed, extremely clean and I could not find a hint of anything that needed to be repaired. I was impressed with everything from the lighting to the decor, the free wifi and free international calling to a range of country's, the awesome bathroom including rain shower and the beds which were so comfortable that I over slept and missed breakfast which I later heard from a friend was amazing too. And then there was the soft pillows which again were so comfortable and a pleasure to sleep on unlike the over inflated sacks that you find in many hotels. I booked on line and as part of the package received complimentary soft drinks from the mini bar and a $600 HK food and beverage tab which we used in the excellent Chinese restaurant in the hotel.
The gym was well appointed for those who require more than a treadmill, some cardio gear and a few machines and the indoor pool and spa really had the wow factor.
Every encounter I had with the staff of this hotel was a pleasurable experience. My stay in Hong Kong was a stop over at the end of a business trip and so I was always very casually dressed but everywhere I went I was treated like a VIP.
The Mira is well located adjacent to a mall and a great area for shopping and eating out and just a few minutes walk from the MRT station.
I left without a shadow of doubt that this is now my favourite City hotel word wide and I look forward to finding any excuse to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 1Tim1
Hello 1Tim1
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience at The Mira Hong Kong! It is my pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our design, service and facilities during your stay with us. We continuously endeavour to create a mira-velous experience for our guests and your kind notes certainly motivate us to do even better in the future. We very much look forward to your next visit. Warmes regards
Gerhard Aicher
singapore
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is the best hotel so far that I have stayed besides other hotels when I am in Hong Kong. It is Hi-Tech and spacious which is unusual for HK hotel standard. Good location and convenient with access to MTR, banks and shopping mall and eateries. Look out for discounts extended to hotel guests to nearby Shopping centre, dining and is also available on the mobile phone provided to shop at eg H&M.

It provides guests with mobile phone in each room with free unlimited local and international calls to 25 popular destinations with discounts to shops, eateries e.g. H&M etc. There is an iphone charger available for those iphone fans. The room is spacious compared with other 5-star hotels that we have stayed and it has a unique toilet set-up which at first we are not used to it. We later found the practicability of having the sink outside the toilet which is located in the hallway of the room just outside the toilet facilities which means one does not have to wait for another user to open the toilet door to wash his/her hands. We love the big rain shower which most hotels do not provide such size although there is a bath tub for one to soak after long hours of shopping. The room is bright and makes reading easy too. We will definitely recommend friends and return to Mira Hotel if the rate remains attractive.

Highly recommend a meal at the Michelin-starred contemporary Cantonese cuisine. We have no regrets with the quality of dim sum and other dishes e.g the crispy chicken, bbq meat and roast pork. They also have a unique appetiser which is winter melon soaked in orange sauce. Hotel guests dining at the restaurants are entitled to 25% discount which we were not aware but thanks to the service personnel who highlighted to us but we felt sorry and bad for them as we are in a hurry and did not leave a small token of gratuity for their excellent service. We hope to do so again on our return when we stay or dine at the hotel.

The only set back is the passage way wall is too dark to rooms and to elevators. It can be a long walk and Directory posting to indicate where the lifts are and it is a dead end would be helpful.

Guests who visit HK be aware there is no longer a free airport shuttle available outside the hotel as I remember there used to be one where one could see people queuing to board.

Room Tip: Ask for good view, kind of bed size, higher floor away from supplies room and or lifts area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Good:

First of all, I am writing this review using the internet TV in the room. Quite cool to have a wireless keyboard with touchpad connected to the internet TV. Very convenient. The rooms have very modern and functional designs, perfect for couples. Plugging your Ipod to their Ipod dock also pipes in music to the bathroom speakers which increases the quatlity of your bath experience. Ultra-convenient location in Tsim Sha Tsui, nuff said. And lastly, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that they let you use is great. Perfect for navigating all over Hong Kong with internet and free local calls. Free international calls too, to certain countries, so be sure to check their website for which countries.

The Not-so-Good:

Although the service is good, as in they will try to accommodate any request you may have, the response is quite robotic, meaning it lacks passion. Unlike some smaller high-end hotels, they like a personalization to their service. Everything is quite mechanical. Oh, yeah. the views aren't that great so just close your curtains and enjoy the beautiful room.

All in all, not that much to complain about, so I would definitely come back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I only got to have one night here, and a short one at that, between connecting flights, but my experience was fantastic. The Mira had been talked up so much to me I had high expectations and it didn't disappoint. The one issue I had on check in was there was a name error on my booking, my error entirely, but it gave me a good look at what my clients would have to deal with (I'm a travel agent) in the same situation. The hotel suggested I pay again or make a call to fix it. It was an easy call to make so I don't quite understand why the hotel couldn't make it, but I can imagine the frustration of someone else feeling more helpless than myself thinking they'd have to pay again because of such a silly error. I booked a club room so I could take advantage of the evening cocktails and included breakfast, both were lovely (although service at cocktails rather slow) and i'd book the club room again. It was an easy walk down to the harbour and avenue of stars, and if i'd wanted to shop at the start of my trip then I was in the right place to do so. The hotel has a mobile phone you can take out with you, which I didn't realise, but was disappointed to have not made use of, even just for google maps. The hotel is very modern, so you need to want/expect it to be as such. If you stay here, try to check out all of their facilities, as I feel I missed out because I didn't have the time to look into it a bit more... Definitely recommend this hotel for business or leisure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
singapore
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Upgrade - as a returning customer, we will always ask if we are entitled to a complimentary upgrade to the next room tier. The receptionist gladly upgraded us to a room with views of the Kowloon Park and IFC tower! Excellent!

Rooms - getting a bit tired with mattress that didn't look as firm

Value added - they provided each room with a Samsung Note II phone that allows unlimited international, local calls also 3G enabled with unlimited mobile plan...this is really 6*

As usual great location, service and ambience. Will return again. Do read my previous review for a holistic description of this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank catteaa
Reviewed October 2, 2013

1.The tastefully upgraded hotel is worth considering.
2.The rooms are now very tastefully and functionally renovated and is much larger than when stayed there under previous management and ownership.
3.Location is excellent right next to the TsimShaTsui MTR station,and the Mira Mall.
4.The Star feature is the Samsung Galaxy tablet supplied free to every room with free SIM card and wifi.You are contactable anywhere so long as you have the tablet with you. I commend this hotel for providing a travellers need free of charge. The so-called 5*hotels rip you off with outrageous and unjustifiable WIFI and telephone charges.
5.The service staff give excellent service with a smile.
6.For the quality,the room rates are fair.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms facing the Kowloon Park is very pleasant .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple