“Modern, Clean, Great Location”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #44 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Bangkok, Thailand
“Modern, Clean, Great Location”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I tend to stay at this hotel a lot when I travel to HK for business. Its clean, newly renovated, great location and has a great pool. It's very easy to get around and go to other places on TST from this hotel and its attached to a shopping mall which you can roam around in when you have time and also eat as there are many restaurants inside. Good choice to stay in HK

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This five star design hotel is situated in the center of Kowloon, close to a park and the harbour.
The food in this hotel is fabulous. We enjoyed on Saturday evening a splendid buffet serving lobster, crab, ... all you can imagine.
Rooms are clean and well maintained. However, as in many hotels in HK, rather small.
Staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a night on 23 April in Room 907, and check-in was not smooth at all. I arrived at about 12pm and the front desk staff asked me what kind of bed I wanted. I said a king bed. But then she said its not available and only rooms with 2 single beds are available, or I can pay extra for an upgrade. So why did she ask me what kind of bed I want? I insisted on a king bed but was met with a blank look. After much insistence, she finally gave me a room with a king bed, but not before making me feel like I made a mistake in not making this request at the time of booking, and that she did me a favor by shifting around some guests and giving me a room that is meant for another guest.

Then she said I cannot check in now, and can only do do between 2-2.30pm.

That was a very welcoming check in.

My bed creaked every time I moved, so I woke up with every creak.

Basin has crack lines in them. But overall ok. But there were mounds of dust, dirt and hair under the bed, which I found as I accidentally kicked a shoe under it.

Everything else- design, interior furnishings, hotel fragrance, cool music everywhere, etc are your standard boutique hotel hallmarks.

Sanitary ware was surprisingly brand less. I half expected Hans Grohe Axor sanitary ware. But kudos on that, which means they manage to pull off great design without the need for big brands. Great location with MTR nearby, a Wellcome supermarket, Miramall and 2 wonderful 'ca can teng' restaurants for all meals.

But I'll go to other boutique hotels next time.

• Stayed April 2013
Peiking
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Good location and interior design . A little bit cool in the room, air conditioner could not control very well. Go shopping very convenient.

But breakfast is simple and not plenty.

Recommended for business travelers

Room Tip: Higher floor is better
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philippines
Reviewed April 21, 2013

First time I walked in our room it was absolutely fantastic. Seeing my name on the TV screen to welcome me was awesome. Inspecting my room, everything was strategically placed in their drawers and cabinets therefore giving the room an overall neat and modern look. The amenities are complete, from bathrobe to their comfy slippers. Everyday they provide new complimentary bottled water, change the towels and give new set of bedroom slippers. NO need to use a travel adaptor because their sockets were already universal for all types of plugs.

They have everything you need in a room from hair blower, set of utensils, mini kettle, plates, etc. I love their toilet because its has 2 types of shower and a really nice interior especially when I do my bubble bath, they have different lighting to choose to set the 'mood' that you want.

Their staff were very friendly and efficient. When we requested for the lost luggage of my roommate which was mixed with other group, they immediately attended to our problem and immediately located the missing luggage. When we checked-out, they accommodated our luggage in their storage room while we still did our last minute shopping.

Downside though, the entire design was a bit claustrophobic since everything was designed with mirrors and it was dark with only minimal lighting. It took me a day to really get to adjusted to the environment of the hotel interior designs. I must say that this hotel is not for people who are claustrophobic. Nevertheless, overall experience was great.

Hotel location was perfect because it was just walking distance to all the nice establishments in Nathan Road. Everything was very easily accessible from malls (The One, Miramall, etc.) to eatery and train station.

Room Tip: Rooms may not be suitable for people who are claustrophobic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Shanghai, China
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel certainly looks modern and new. rooms are great and the breakfast was good as well, however, from the moment you walk into this place it looks dark, cold and unfriendly. The employees are efficient but that's about it. The entire atmosphere here resembles more a high security airport hotel than a luxury city center hotel in Asia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at The Mira for two nights during HK 7s. Given most of hotels in the island cost an absolute fortune during this period, Kowloon seams to be the best option. The Mira is located very near all the shops and not far from Kowloon train station. The decor is very modern and nice. Food was also quite good. Changed to The Langham after two days for work reasons and certain prefer Mira modern approach then the heavy and traditional old school Langham.
Recommend!