“Hip and cool! Would stay here again!”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #57 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Super cool hotel with very stylish room and lobby. Room with iphone dock and speakers in the bathroom so you can hear music from playing from iphone. Hotel location is near Tsimtsatsui, good for shopping. Everything was well designed and really nice. Well recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travelthewonders

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am currently at the MIRA. Its a lovely design, boutique hotel. Fantastic design, friendly & efficient staff, awesome location, most wonderful rooms. Then why "almost"? Well they charged me a wee bit on an upgrade due to some booking error from my end. I had to upgrade from studio to park view (which is wonderful) due to twin sharing. I had no option, but to pay. I would have loved it if they had been gracious enough to make it complimentary or charged me for 2 instead of 4 nights, just the upgrade value or thrown in a breakfast, complimentary. The OTHER little dissatisfaction is due to a dull, soul less and pressure less shower. Showers have to strong and powerful when one is paying almost US$ 300 a night. I hope they fix these things and remove the "almost" from my headline.

Room Tip: if a strong pressure shower is your kink, avoid this hotel.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is quite a groovy hotel in a very convenient location in Tsim Sha Tsui right on Nathan Road. The MTR is 2mins away and even for business trips, door to door to most locations in Central on Hong Kong Island is only about 15mins. Rooms are on the small side but you don't go to HK to spend much time in the hotel. Tall visitors will need to be careful waking in the hallways but the rooms themselves are fine. Buffet breakfast is good without it being first class but that reflects the slightly cheaper rates. The gym is cool and for jiggers Kowloon Park is literally across the road. It's been a year since I last visited HK and the number of mainland visitors just seem to be increasing all the time. They particularly like TST so be prepared for lots of queues and crowds. Service excellent and English not a problem. Overall so long as you are happy to stay in The more crowded part of TST I would highly recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher floors are better and quieter.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Mira Hotel in Hong Kong from March 7-12, 2013. The hotel is located on Kimberly Road, just off Nathan Road in Kowloon. For those of you not familiar with Nathan Road, associate it as the main shopping district, particularly for tourists. This is not to say that it is a tourist trap; there are many companies located in this part of town and there are an unlimited amount of brand and off-brand shops.

The hotel was nicer than I anticipated -- the nearby water-front hotels are almost double the price of the Mira. Needless to say, I was skeptical at first. However, upon entering the Mira, all my concerns quickly vanished.

The property is kept immaculate. There are no shortage of staff who continually sweep, polish and clean the hotel. Having been to Asia on many occasions and having stayed at some of the highest priced properties, I was impressed to say the least. The gym and health amenities are top notch; I am of the opinion that you will not be disappointed.

The room is modern, clean, and well maintained.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have to say the decor didn't float my boat, and I got a sense of wear and tear. Staff were accommodating, location just fine, and we got a good rate. And I will say my teenagers liked it more than I did!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank drJessie
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed two nights for business and eating. On our chek-in, the receptionist, very chraming girl, checked our passports and she said "Happy Birthday!" So we got small, but very tasty hotel-made birthday cake as gift from the hotel. We were very impressed by hearty service. The room was very modern and cool as pictured by other reviewers. Very Good hotel. Private transportation from/to airport was very good too.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 days at The Mira hotel. I must say we had a great stay. Location is pretty good, 2 blocks from nearest MTR station. Room 1612 was a park view room which was quite nice. The swimming pool was great a big enough considering it is underground. Excellent buffet breakfast. Overall an excellent stay.
Only thing I found strange is the low ceilings (I'm only 180 cm tall and could easily touch It) on the corridors, although mirrors were used to make space look larger still looks weird.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family