“You get your money's worth”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #43 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
San Francisco, California
“You get your money's worth”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Mira is not a cheap hotel. But you get your money's worth while you are a guest.
We stayed here second week of January 2013.
I appreciated the perfect location, right in the heart of Kowloon, close to the metro, Nathan Road, Jordan District, and the shoreline.
The hotel is very well staffed, with plenty of well-trained people to assist you.
The rooms are large and the bathrooms are clean and nicely done.
The hotel restaurantes offer delicious food and well mixed drinks.
The Mira is a modern hotel that offers safety, good quality sleep, clean facilities, and a great location.
We would stay here again provided we could find a good deal pricing wise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
singapore
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've been to Hong Kong for more than 10 times in the last 10 years and have always been putting up in hotels especially in Kowloon area rather than in Hong Kong. The reason is because I've found many Kowloon hotels to be of very good value. Hong Kong is not a big city so commuting between places are easy. In the last few years, I've been to mainly Langham Place Hotel, Mongkok & Marco Polo@TST with occasional stays at others such as Disneyland Hotel, Concourse@Prince Edward, Boundary Road Hotel (can't remember the name) and even Grand Tower (they have ceased operations many years back). In my most recent trip, I've decided to try out Mira since they are on my corporate list. HKD 1280++ per night which is almost USD100 cheaper than what the other agents are offering for their City Standard Room.

Location:
1. Less than 200m from TST station
2. If you are lazy to walk to Star Ferry terminal, take bus no. 7 from the bus stop 20m from hotel lobby
3. Taxi from airport to hotel cost us HKD240 (if you are travelling in pairs or more, forget the airport shuttle)
4. This is one of the most accessible location in Kowloon. Less than 30mins to HK Island by Ferry; 15mins to Central by MTR and you are in the heart of TST - very near the trendy Granville St., Canton City and plenty of shopping malls!

Room:
1. New (renovated less than 5 years back and very well maintained)
2. Spacious - should be about 28-30sqm. There is a separate shower and bath area which I like.
3. Beds and pillow - very comfortable and the bedsheets are of good quality.
4. Lighting - soft and I love the night mode switches provided. You don't waste time thinking which one you want to keep when you are sleeping esp. for those who like to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and do not want to disturb their partners.
5. My room was located next to the lift. Minimal noises except when there are loud screams. So i am not adverse to the proximity to crowd.
6. Complimentary water daily; they provided some cookies as a welcome gift when you first enter the room which I think is nice esp. since it is a local brand biscuit - helps to promote HK food souvenirs. You can ask for unlimited bottles of water, the staff did not appear "stingy" :)
7. The only drawback is the quality of toiletries. Most 5* hotels or even 4* boutique hotels are using molton brown, crabtree&evelyn toiletries but The Mira is still rather backward in that. In house labels and the quality is not high.

1. Check in was fast but unfortunately there were few counters so it took some time before it reached our turn.
2. However the check-in staff managed to turn us into happy customers. She took time to explain what the hotel offers, alerted me that I will be charged HKD6000 first as the initial deposit which will be refunded when I check out and even walked us to the lift. I think she sensed we were very unhappy having to wait more than 15mins for check in. I think this is a nice gesture.
3. The staff also left a card asking if we want to have our room made up since the DND sign was turned on. They even try to get in touch with us when we did not respond after the room make up card was given. I think this is an excellent display of their service excellence.

Spa and Pool:
1. Nice heated pool with jacuzzi and sauna. Good for everyday use even in winter.

Restaurants:
1. They have a Michelin star Chinese restaurant called Cuisine Cuisine - worth a try if you don't mind paying more than an average chinese restaurants.
2. Plenty of good HK local eatries nearby - Yuen Kee, Dao Xiang Dim Sum, Tsui Wah, Tsui Hang, East Ocean, Itacho Sushi, coffee places, western food@Knutsford. I love the food choices around the hotel!

Just a tip for those who are Catholics - there is a Rosary Church 15mins away at Chatham South Road. You won't miss your Sabbath day. I find this location useful as not many hotels are located near a church.

2 Thank catteaa
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2013

2 adults and 3 teenages staying for 4 nights. Rooms are a little small but excellently appointed, impeccably clean and we loved the shower which is amazing. The pool is great, as is the gym. Another excellent feature is the free use of a mobile phone in each room.

The best feature of the hotel is the staff. Every staff member we dealt with was terrific. They took terrific care of us, showed real interest in what we were doing, offered a lot of suggestions of places to shop and things to see, and were happy to engage in general conversation. The service in the Club Lounge is great. The canapes on offer each evening are excellent. There is a wide range and plentiful quantities. There are plenty of beers on offer and a wide range of wines and spirits. We ate so much each night we never went out for dinner so in that way the extra you pay to stay in the Club is well worth it.

Overall, a terrific stay and we will definitely stay at the Mira again the next time we are in Hong Kong.

2 Thank Sean D
Melbourne
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We, Including my husband, three teenage boy's aged 17, 15 and 13 stayed at The Mira - Club Lounge (Level 15) for four nights from the 18th January.
We had organised transfers through the hotel and we were pleased we did. My son was not well on the plane. He contracted something in Bali. The staff at the airport were fantastic with helping to organise a doctor to meet us at the hotel and advising that water would be supplied in the transfer vehicle for my dehydrated son.
We had booked two rooms on the 'Club Lounge' on level 15. The service and staff were fantastic on arrival and throughout the stay. Information about where to go and how to get there was readily given.
The bar (help yourself drinks), coffee service, afternoon tea, canapes and breakfast were all great and thoroughly enjoyed by all five of us. The Champagne on offer was a great French variety. French wines, Spirits and Liquors were also on offer during the canapes.
The rooms, although a little on the small side, had much to offer. Fantastic bathrobes and great bathroom products. The shower was the best we had come across in any hotel we have stayed. You could choose between three options including several jets.
The 'smart' TV in the rooms was well received by our boy's, however, they had used up their internet allowance by day three. My husband and I used it to search for places, google maps etc to help plan our stay in Hong Kong.
The access to shopping is fantastic. Harbor City is only a 15 - 20 minute walk or a $3 taxi ride.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to our friends and I would certainly stay there again if we return to Hong Kong

Room Tip: Club Lounge on level 15 is a fantastic option.
Singapore
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Mira is very well located, and centralised (Nathan Road) in a busy area. The subway station is within walking distance (about 2 streets away). We stayed in a Park View Room (7th floor), but the room did not provide much view of the park. The room was modern, clean, well designed and the bed was comfortable. However, we found the room to be a bit small and not much space to move about. There were many retail shops around the hotel to keep us busy.

We did not opt for the breakfast in the hotel as “Tea Houses” are plentiful around Hong Kong with good food. Nevertheless, we had lunch once at the Cuisine Cuisine. The dim sum was splendid and very tasty. Do make advance booking as the restaurant is popular with the locals and tourists.

The Mira is a very busy hotel; people are constantly moving in and out. The staff was friendly and provided good and prompt service. No issue in getting a taxi, as the staff will assist to get one.

Overall, The Mira is a good and comfortable hotel to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Mira at the start of our honeymoon in April 2012. On arrival we had been upgraded to the "Mira Club floor" which came with all of the personalised service and club privileges as standard.
The gadgets in room are great much to the displeasure of my wife :) The room is of a high standard, the staffs are very attentive & really look after you whilst staying at the "Club" I really can’t say more.
It's also in a great location for trips around Hong Kong.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did. By far the best hotel of the month long honeymoon which encompassed: Australia, Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia

Room Tip: Say your on Honeymoon :)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe A
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nice interior design, fully equipped with all a pleasure or business traveller needs. A very pleasant and accommodating Hotel Staff (all departments). Definitely one of the best hotels I've stayed in Hong Kong. Easy access to shopping centers, restaurants, and transportation to get around the city.

• Stayed January 2013