“I special hotell”

Ranked #43 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Stockholm, Sweden
“I special hotell”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have for many year stay in the Mira hotell and it is a very nice hotel in many ways.
The design is special and make the stay pleasurable.
The staff is very professional and friendly.
The spa is according to me the best in Hong Kong.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed in Mira suite 80 for 2 nights for my wedding. As the traditional, I stayed 1 day before wedding with my bridesmaid and also to have small Chinese ritual. The suite was very nice, everything new and enchanting. A steam bath in shower room and nice bathtub. To be dainty, the room is kind of too dark and there is no lighting near the working area.

I reserved 2 nights, obviously The first night was for prepare the wedding as most of Hong Kong ppl do! I also mentioned when I checked-in. However, When I entered the room. There is some romantic decorations, rose petals on bed and in bathtub and everywhere in bathroom.

OK! That's the reason why I have to wait over an hour for the suite when check-in?!!! :( (I was checked-in alone)

And later that night, They send some champagne and fruit to us and also 2 sets of free breakfast on the next morning.
We had to have a hair combing ritual with my family and prepared everything at night. We don't have any spare time and spare space to place the champagne so that we asked the staff to take away. I tried to open drawers and cabinets to find slippers. One of the doors in toilet throw out and hit my feet. I can't even move for seconds since it's painful! I called the staff for help. few minute later, a group of staffs came in send me 2 ice packs and stared at my feet :(
5-7 staffs came and just to stare at my feet? Are you guys serious? to make me embarrassing?
My family arrived after the staffs came. They are freak-out to see such a group of staff in my room.

I got a black and swollen feet on wedding day.

After the wedding dinner, my husband and I went to suite. There is no rose petals. There is no champagne and There is even no breakfast on the next morning. Bad feeling!

Room Tip: Room or suite are good for travelers but not good for wedding
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ollieee
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed 4 nights in a park view room. Very modern and clean. The room needs better soundproofing because you can hear people walking above your room. and in the hallway. There was also a strange odor in the bathroom. Other reviews have stated a free mini bar, but there is only a price list and no mention of it being free. I love the central location, but the airport bus does not do a pickup at this hotel or the airport express free shuttle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bangkok
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Mira is in a very good location, easy access to MRT Tsim Sha Tsui as well as in the center of shopping spot. The Hotel facade is just fabulous very eye catching and chic. The room is a bit small like any other hotel in HK but fully equipped with modest design in every single detail. We love NOKIA in room which hotel guest can take anywhere in Hong Kong as in-room phone, very convenience!!! and also internet TV that helping my friend can easily work in bed :) We tried Chinese Dim Sum at Cuisine Cuisine and The Whisk which are high standard, especially the Whisk that offered the best service, very impressed. Only receptionist that was so slow and really not be able to handle guest objection, otherwise we can say that the staff is helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Select the room with the deck view. it's lovely deck on the fifth floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is one of our favorite hotels in the world! As soon as you enter the lobby you will be enchanted by the Mira experience. Its a modern hotel with advance amenities. The rooms are so big especially the bathroom. We loved internet browsing the in the room using the room TV. The indoor pool is so beautiful. Location is in the heart of Tsimshatsui. The best Shopping malls and stores are located in this area.

Room Tip: Request for a room with a garden view or view of the park.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reviewed October 10, 2012

In the bustling streets of hong kong, this recently revamped hotel is nothing short of comfort. The classy modern decor, friendly staff and excellent location makes your stay in Hong Kong a pleasure. Everything you need is all around you from shopping to food.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the lift
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
dcuk4
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nice modern hotel in heart of Hong Kong. Near to TST and shopping, nightlife district. Nice good size rooms and modern decor. Staff helpful and polite. Plenty of places to eat, the hotel has an award winning restaturant you can try. Adjacent to Knutsford Terrace, bars and restaurants for nightlife and entertainment. Loved this place although a little pricey.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo