“One Night in HongKong”

Ranked #43 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Makati, Philippines
“One Night in HongKong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

It was an unexpected trip to Hong Kong after my good friend decided to book a trip after a long discussion on tea. After spending 4 post-Christmas vacations at the Disneyland Hotel in Hong Kong - the chill of spending a trip to Hong Kong - disneyland excluded- was too overwhelming. We known Hong Kong is stuffed with nice hotels. Mira Hotel was the first choice because of its location - the shopping place. It's near coffee shops and some distinct and authentic chinese restaurants. The entrance is so grand that you can't stop taking your camera out and get go for some photo op. The lobby is great and the customer service just a breeze of comfort. I took the suite room 928 all by myself. So spacious I could have broought my entire family. The comfort room is so comforting. The amenities are great. But ops- what's with the condom at the kitchen? ha ha ha!

Room Tip: Check the website. If you have a friend in HK - ask if it is possible for an ocular visit.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShortsTrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon in November 2011
We chose this hotel because it was reviewed well and for 4 nighs it wasn't too badly priced.
The hotel is very modern, great amentities, everything is new, and service was great...
Our room came with free wi-fi... which was another great bonus... we also had champagne, chocolates/strawberries as part of being honeymooners waiting for us when we checked into our room... Our bed was always turned down every night with included chocolate's on the pillows.... which was always a nice touch...
The hotel is well located, right near the MTR line, there's actually 2 train stops you can get on which is all within walking distance.... we went to Disneyland via the MTR.. very quick and very easy...
You're also walking distance to Victoria Harbour.. (about 10 minute walk)... and about 15 minute walk to the ferry terminal.....we never seemed to catch taxis anywhere as everything was so close....
The hotel is also linked to a shopping a centre which makes great convenience... you can acess this via the 3rd floor if I remember correctly.....

The only downfall was we went to use the hotel's pool, only to be told that the spa and pool had been booked out for the whole day.... disappointing as the hotel never made any mention of this.. and when we went down there no one was even in sight.... I don't believe anyone should be able to book out the whole pool and spa area!! and the hotel should of made all guests aware of this!!!!

Overall... great hotel and great location....!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed at The Mira for two nights in February on business. I'm not sure how new this hotel is, but my cab driver didn't know of it and circled round before we found it. When we pulled up to the hotel, no one opened the door and no one came out to help with the luggage. My grumbling taxi driver got out of the car and was just about to heave the luggage from the car when a bellboy finally rushed out.
The location on Nathan Road is great, it's in the middle of a number of malls and restaurants. So from that point of view, you'd not be bored if you stayed at The Mira. It was after 11pm when I got to the hotel, and the whole place still looked as busy as if it was only 8pm.
At check-in, the staff was very friendly, pleasant and informative. He told me that I had booked a studio room but was eligible for a paid upgrade, but at a lower cost as it's an off-peak time. I politely rejected it as I didn't need a bigger bed or more space in the room.
The main lobby and lift lobby were very nicely decorated, there was a lobby bar that looked pretty cool and hip, for a hotel bar. The whole effect on the outside is an upmarket hotel that intends to cater to the hip, young crowd, rather than a more 'standard' crowd.
The decor on the room floor gave a very bizarre effect that you were walking into a series of endless mirrors - it could probably be the intention of the design firm! - due to the overhead mirrors and carpet lines. I kept stopping to check myself in case I really was walking into a dead-end!
The room is great - it's not big by any standards, but it didn't feel cramped. The bed covers and pillows were very lush, towels seemed brand new, although the bathrobe looked a bit old (but was very warm and comfortable). Everything was digitally controlled by a panel next to the bed and in-room wi-fi is complimentary. The decor of the room screamed 'cool' and modern.
Now the bad...
My room was on the 6th floor, and when I opened the curtains, I looked straight out onto the hotel's outdoor lounge on the 5th floor. There were seats right up to my window-sill! Fortunately, it was too cold for anyone to be sitting in the lounge...otherwise I would have requested a new room immediately.
Second bad thing - both nights I was there, my room smelled of cooking oil! It smelt like the ventilation system was connected to the kitchen, and my room smelled like someone was frying something in the room next door! It was annoying more than anything else, but kinda spoiled the whole ambience that the decor was trying to create.
It's these two bad experiences that stops The Mira from getting a 5-star rating for me. But if you are NOT on the 6th floor, and your room ventilation is different from the one I had, then I'm sure it would have been a 5-star experience. Better luck for me next time!

2 Thank joannetan03
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Provided that you don't mind the rather trendy lobby with modern music this is a great hotel. The service is excellent and the food incredible. A great location as well in the heart of TST and minutes from the Star Ferry terminal and MTR.

The business centre was a bit disappointing but I guess with wi-fi standard these rooms are used less and less

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Have stayed here several times from when it first opened but it's just got more and more expensive...guess it's a sellers' market in HK these days. Excellent staff, great rooms/beds/tech/breakfast. Location perfect for TST/MTR and even Kowloon railway. Mira - I still love you but not sure I can afford to live with you anymore!

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard view as rooms are quieter there
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

This hotel on Nathan road was perfect for our 3-day stay in Hong Kong.

The design is very modern and although the entrance is a bit dark, rooms are elegant and as show on the hotel's website.

The pool/jacuzzi and massage zone was also really relaxing after a day discovering the city.

The personal is really friendly and helped us booked an helicopter ride. We asked the concierge if it was possible, he said he that he would look for us and when we came back in the end of the afternoon, we had a letter with possibilities and availabilities from companies offering it (was totally worth it by the way...)

We also had a shuttle from the airport which was there on our arrival, you just have to go to their stand.

The brunch in the morning offers lots of bakeries and cereals, as well as warm dishes. A good start in a day, although a bit expensive compared to what you get outside the hotel.

We also enjoyed a meal in the restaurant and although the food was good, service was a bit slow and it looked like we were on some training evening.

I would return to this hotel in Hong Kong for it's service, it's wellness infrastructures and location.

Room Tip: We had a standard room with view in the garden and it was perfect. Also quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is the best located hotel in Hong Kong, I stayed 2 nights and found that, The service is always impeccable. There is never a wait for anything. The staff are extremely professional and accommodating, nothing is too much trouble, The restaurants are excellent as are the bars. And the location in Central is perfect for me. I always look forward to returning here. Very highly recommended.

1 Thank Michaelturner301