The hotel is on a good location, a few minutes walk from the Tin Hau MTR station, so it's not quite in Causeway bay as the hotel name would suggest, but still in quite central location. There is also a bus stop in front of the hotel, and the hotel has some free shuttle, but we only used the MTR, since it was close by and easy to use.
We had the executive parlour room, since we found a very good deal for it on hotels.com. We usually take standard rooms, but this time we welcomed the extra space, since we were travelling with our 6-month old son. The executive parlour has living room, bedroom and two bathrooms, and I would guess that it covers the space of two standard rooms. The bedroom was quite a tight fit with the baby cot, but with having the living room space as extra it didn't really matter.
The room looked new, clean and elegant. Both rooms had a nice view towards the harbor. The free broadband internet in the room was great to have.
The breakfast was good, but maybe not quite as varied as we were used to in Thailand earlier on the trip. My sweet tooth was hurting on the very narrow selection of sweet pastries and the absence of pancakes.
We were very pleased with the services of the club lounge (available only for executive rooms) including the evening free drinks and tasty snacks, and the almost private breakfast.
The staff was friendly and attentive, especially the staff at the club lounge.
There was a 7-Eleven next door to the hotel, and a lot of small local restaurants (and a MacDonald's) nearby, which was very convenient.
A word of warning to families travelling with small children in Hong Kong: Most MTR stations seem to have only stairs from the street level to the concourse, so we had to carry the stroller up and down quite a many sets of stairs during the trip. You can call MTR station staff to help, but it might take a while for them to arrive. Locals were often helpful and offered to help with the carrying, if I was on the move without my husband.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong, a business and leisure hotel with unrivalled harbour view, full range of facilities & services and convenient location, just 2 minutes walk to Tin Hau station and 10 minutes to Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre by Hotel Free Shuttle, welcoming you to experience a contemporary retreat featuring comfort guestrooms and relaxing ambience. Innovative dining concept and well-equipped facilities are complemented by great service and stunning views of Hong Kong's harbour. All round facilities include Free Wi-Fi & Broadband Internet Access, Rooftop Outdoor Swimming Pool (close in Jan & Feb), Health Club, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Business Centre, Restaurant & Pub and more... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropark Hotel Hong Kong
- Metropark Hong Kong
- Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong