I recently visited Hong Kong on June 12-26, 2012 for the purposes of attending my highschool friend's wedding. His wedding was at the Ritz in Kowloon, but most of my friends were on the Hong Kong Island side so I had to make the decision on where to stay! I came across Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay on Tripadvisor, and after confirming a couple of location details with my local friends, I pushed the button to book. Boy, was I glad.
We checked in with no hiccups - I speak Cantonese, but being Canadian born I tend to default to English when communicating with others. I had no problems with any of the staff here, Chinese or English was excellent.
The room, though small, was pretty average to above average for Hong Kong standards. It was clean, well-maintained and had a fantastic view of the Library, Causeway Bay sports complex and the Causeway Bay shopping area.
We didn't eat at the restaurant, but there are tonnes of local fare in the area for a much more reasonable price. I ended up going to the bakery nearby on an almost daily basis. There are HK Cafes, local noodle shops, sit down restaurants, and of course the ubiquitious Cafe du Coral. If you are a Sbux / McD addict, they are nearby.
Though its called Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay, the closest MTR station is Tin Hau station, which is about a 2 minute walk away.
There is a pool on the rooftop and I used the gym on an almost daily basis. The view from the roof is great as well.
The biggest downside I found was the wired internet. Sure, they have 24 hour access, but it's slow and you need an ethernet port on your device, which rendered my iPad not too useful in my room (the lobby area had wifi). But it felt a bit low tech especially for a modern, connected city such as Hong Kong.
Aside from that little niggle, I'm looking forward to staying at the Metropark Causeway Bay in my next visit to HK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong, a business and leisure hotel with unrivalled harbour view, full range of facilities & services and convenient location, just 2 minutes walk to Tin Hau station and 10 minutes to Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre by Hotel Free Shuttle, welcoming you to experience a contemporary retreat featuring comfort guestrooms and relaxing ambience. Innovative dining concept and well-equipped facilities are complemented by great service and stunning views of Hong Kong's harbour. All round facilities include Free Wi-Fi & Broadband Internet Access, Rooftop Outdoor Swimming Pool (close in Jan & Feb), Health Club, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Business Centre, Restaurant & Pub and more... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropark Hotel Hong Kong
- Metropark Hong Kong
- Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong