“Super-convenient Location”

Ranked #74 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Plymouth, Devon
“Super-convenient Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is an excellent location on Nathan Road, midway between the Star Ferry and the Ladies Market, and very close to the Temple Road Night Market. Buses stop just outside and are numerous, plus Jordan MTR station is just a couple of minutes walk away. We were amazed at just how quiet the room was, considering all the hustle and bustle outside.

The hotel was spotlessly clean and all the staff were very friendly, polite, and helpful. The mattresses are quite firm and I have a very bad back and need something softer. The moment I mentioned that to the reception staff, somebody from Housekeeping was sent to our room to put not one but two toppers on my bed - and I slept very well.

The hotel offers 20 minutes free wifi in the public areas, but if that's not enough time for you there's a Starbucks about 100 yards away which also gives 20 minutes.

We would not hesitate to return to the Novotel Nathan Road the next time we visit Hong Kong, and we would happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelHongKong, Manager at Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the location, Housekeeping and Reception service. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to let us know what you think and your comments have been shared with our highly committed guest service team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another great experience soon.

Kind regards,
The Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent a week of Chinese New Year in Hong Kong, hotel was more expensive every where. It was our first time in this hotel. Location is great and there is free WiFi for 20 mins daily, but you can use the hotel computers. I love it.

I got a surprise gift for our anniversary. Generally I like it here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is close to a subway station. It´s close to many shopping streets and walking distance to the lights show. The hotel is very clean and staff is friendly. The hotel is not close to the new part of Hong Kong, you must take the subway. But it´s very easy

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Hleme
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Pay the upgrade fee worth it .Had immediate checkin .Rooms on 15 th floor continental breakfast afternoon tea an cocktails from 1800 to 2000 included. With appertisers.
Located very close to Jade Market and temple st night market

Room Tip: Pay the extra for premium floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank 51kev42
Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was able to take advantage of Cathay Pacific’s Discover Hong Kong package which includes a roundtrip airfare, hotel stay and a freebie. I opted for a Roundtrip Manila-Hong Kong fare, 2 night hotel stay and airport transfer for US$585. I was hesitant to book this package at first since I know there are a lot of budget hotels in HK but considering the hotel’s name and brand, I went for it in the end. And I’m glad I did.

I got the basic room on the 11th floor. I was expecting a cramp room like all the hotels in HK located in prime location. However, the room was pretty okay in terms of space. At least for someone solo. The way the room was decorated or constructed, you won’t feel like you were being boxed in. The interior was cool to the eyes and it was a modern/classic deco. For couples, they might find the basic room too small to move around but as long as both of you won’t be moving around at the same time, this is okay. I’ve stayed in much smaller and more pricey hotel in HK and this one is better than them.

I like the idea that their main lobby or check-in counter is on the first floor while the concierge is on the ground floor. It was very convenient for guests especially if you want to just leave your luggage. And less chaotic too. If you are waiting for someone, you can sit on the couches at the ground floor and you won’t feel strange like in other hotels wherein you wonder if you have overstayed your welcome in the couches.

Internet is not free. Strange. I just feel that access to wifi/internet should be a norm for this type of hotel. You have to pay HK$130 for a whole day access. You may use their Mac computers in the lobby for free for 20 minutes. I just feel that free internet should be part of their service.

Food. I ordered food thru room service. Cheeseburger. I figure an order of cheeseburger is a good barometer of how tasty their food will be. Cost was HK$107. It came with salad and French fries and had a nice presentation. However, it was bland in taste which surprised me. I mean, how can you mess up a cheeseburger recipe? It was that bland. I think the ketchup was the tastiest thing I tasted on that dish.There was a salad included in the order but I think they forgot to put the dressing since it was all vegetables. I decided not to order anymore after. If you are like me who needs a soda in a day, you can buy from the 7-11 across street, more like an alley.

I slept comfortably during my stay and would love to have a chance to stay there again. People might find it too far than the usual hotels but this is HK and everything is on walking distance. MTR is just two streets away so if you’d rather take the train than walk, then you have that option.

I simplified my stay by buying/renting an Octopus card at the airport for HK150 which is consumable. I used it for the MTR rides since I don’t want to be bothered of figuring out train fare.

This is an international brand hotel or part of a hotel chain so you get the generic look of a room in a hotel chain. This might turn off others who prefer a different look/ local ambiance but this one was perfect for me. Safe and comfortable for solo travelers like me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jen18_10
NovotelHongKong, Manager at Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience following your recent stay.

We note your comments on internet access, free internet is not only available on the 7 iMacs in the lobby. There is also free Wi-Fi available in the Executive rooms and public areas.

Thank you for the feedback on the food. Your comments have been communicated with the food and beverage team to make sure that this service lapse does not happen again. Nonetheless we are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us. Your kind words have been shared with the rest of the team. This will certainly motivate us to keep up with the good work.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Kind regards,