“very pleasant”

Harbour Plaza Metropolis
Ranked #118 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived after 8pm at the hotel. The place was very busy and loud. Our check in person had a smile on her face and was very helpful. We booked the 1 bedroom suite (which had a kitchen and lounge room - although there was no cutlery, bowls, plates or cooking tools). The room over looked Victoria harbour which was a spectacular site at night to look at. The breakfast was a buffet and could not be faulted, there was everything to eat - from fresh fruit, pastries, hot dishes, cold meats, and lots more. Staff at the tour desk were extremely helpful (especially michelle) and guided us in the right direction. Pool and gym area were lovely. The room was always serviced well and clean. The hotel was a little further out than most, but there was a complimentary shuttle bus operating which went to Kowloon hotel - which was closer to the main areas of shopping and eating. (5 minute bus ride). We were on the 10th floor and away from the lifts - so we heard no noise from the traffic outside or other guests. Would stay again. Price wise for one week including buffet breakfast - excellent rate.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room further around from the lifts absolutely no noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,767)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights.. the room was smaller that what we had expected but the bathroom were comparatively big. Hotel is well maintained ...but the hotel of this level should have free Wi Fi. The hotel is connected to Metropolis mall where you have lot of eating options including an Indian restaurant . The subway is connected to hotel and can help you move around the city. They have a free shuttle drop and pickup to TST, which is quite helpful.
The Breakfast was great and offered large selection.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SLall
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here as part of a tour, the hotel was nice but the room was extremely small, when I asked if I can be moved to a bigger room they said only if I pay more. I have stayed in Hong Kong before and this was the smallest room. Most of the hotel is made up of small rooms due to the triangular shape we had a squeeze fitting in two people and suitcases, the suitcases had to be stored under bed. If you want anything at this hotel expect to pay through the roof - £11 for 24hrs internet. The hotel is outside of the main areas so you will either need to use the Metro or take the hotel mini bus which runs up to 11is pm.(Mini Bus drops you at another hotel within the tourist area for free) Front desk was always slow with queues of people

Room Tip: Expect to pay more for a reasonable size room, do not book a standard room as they are small and ove...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Price and size of the room aside (this being Hong Kong afterall), the appearance is what you see and get for a 5* hotel.

However, I am rather disappointed by the long check-in/out queues. It took me about 45mins in the check-in queue (There's like 4-5 folks in front of me and there's only 2 staff manning the check-in) and about 45mins for check-out. For a 5* hotel, I would expect a much faster and better efficiency.

Bad things aside, I was pleasantly surprised when I came back to my room to see a plate of fruits on the work desk. I wasnt aware that they actually provide fruits -- not sure if its complimentary though as I didnt eat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I arrived early in the morning from Australia. I was told I had to wait for 3 hours before I could access my room. I was not given any suggestions as to where I could wait.I was told there was no Internet. Later found out that was not true. Also, there is no free airport shuttle. There is a free shuttle to the train station from which the airport bus leaves. Kept finding Chinese hair in my room. But room was ok and fairly quiet. Huge swimming pool.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Currently styaing at this H(so called) Hotel.

Unfortunately, booked 7 nights for my annual family holiday,... charged 100% in advance.. Had thought, will get (if not 5 star facility) at least 4 star. But this is No even worth a ` star lodge..

Front Desk - Staff talks like as if they have not been paid since long... All "square" faced... frustrated & confused
Room - The moment you enter... it finishs... Smallest 5 star htel room in the world. Its a bird's cage. not a room

Water Bottle - Every Hotel in the world gives you complimentary water bottles with coffee maker. But they just give you for the coffee maker,and water only first day, and for the rest of the day;s they proudly "advise" you to drink the tap water from toilet.

Price - Exhorbident - You can get at least thousand's of "much better" options at this price.

TV - A 22" 1960'S HITACHI Box type television in the room

Shaver point - NO shaver point in the bathrooms.

Room Tip: Chose to stay in a Lodge, but Never Opt to book a room at this hotel..!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our tour of China with Emperor Tours. We had a lovely suite with a harbour view to die for. In fact, we didn't shut the curtains for 3 nights as we couldn't stop looking at that view whenever we were in the room.
Breakfast was really good and lots of choice (no idea of cost as paid for by tour company) but the buffet dinner was extortionate at 518 HKD each (about £52.00). Front desk very helpful with directions, suggestions for visits etc.. and their was a great free mini bus service to the centre of Kowloon.
Our stay was spoilt somewhat though by their penny pinching behaviour. Only 2 bottles of free water for 3 night stay (only hotel on our tour not to replenish), toiletries were never replenished, no free WiFi either in room or worse still in reception. Come on even cheap B&Bs supply this nowadays. WiFi was 130 HKD per 24 hours. You could even not check in on-line and print a boarding pass unless you paid 40 HKD to use the Business Centre for 15 mins. Shame on you!

Room Tip: Go for the harbour view if you can afford it. Spectacular at night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple