“Love this hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Los Angeles
“Love this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2007

I visit Hong Kong about 3-4 times a year and usually stay at the Conrad. I decided to give this hotel a try as they had a special deal for suites and I am so glad I did. The rate I paid was cheaper than a regular room at the Conrad (although they always upgrade me to the Executive floor, being a HHonors Diamond). I had a Residence Suite and it's actually a sitting room with full kitchen and a bedroom. The Grohe fixtures in the bathroom were very nice and I certainly appreciate the big (46 inch?) plasma televisions in both rooms. The only complaint I had was the bedroom was a little on the small side but the choice of pillows was certainly a nice touch and the mattress was nice and firm. I like to watch TV in bed and was surprised to note that the TV did not have a timer switch. The service was excellent and all the staff I came into contact with were very helpful. I love the location as I enjoy walking around Mongkok and Hong Kong being hot and humid in June, it was so nice to be able to duck back into the hotel for a quick shower and change of clothing everytime I got hot and sweaty. I already made the reservation for my trip in the Fall and I hope they continue the Suite deal next year.

• Liked — The rate for a suite
  • Disliked — The size of the bedroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank wil888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Northwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

This is a beautiful hotel with fantastic service and a really convenient location.

We hadn't booked the executive / club package but were given a room upgrade as the hotel was full. We were persuaded to pay a supplement to upgrade to the club package to give us access to the club lounge - beer & wine available through the day plus spirits & champagne for a couple of hours each evening. There are great snacks available and an excellent complimentary breakfast. In honesty I wouldn't pay the supplement next time as the rest of the hotel is so luxurious & fabulous that it's not really necessary and I also found the club lounge a bit lacking in atmosphere.

Our room on the 36th floor was amazing - the views over the city are just incredible & the clear glass wall between bedroom & bathroom means that you can enjoy the view from the shower!

You can get to the MTR (underground) station via the walkway to the mall or turn left out of the hotel then first right which we found a bit quicker although either way is only a couple of minutes. The MTR service is superb - you're never more than 5 minutes from a station and the longest we ever waited for a train was 3 minutes. You should definitely buy an Octopus card to make your travel really easy. You can use the card on the underground, on buses, on the star ferry, at 7-11s and at drinks dispensers in the stations so it's really convenient & great value.

• Liked — Amazing views, beautful room, great service & ideal location
  • Disliked — Executive / club upgrade not really worth the money
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Spice05
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2007

I stayed here for 6 nights and was impressed. As our airport limo was
nearing the hotel at night, we were a little worried at how the Mong Kok area looked and wondered if we made a mistake, but the next day we explored and felt totally safe. Just keep away from the west side of hotel (Reclaimation St and over). Some say the hotel is out of the
way, but it makes up for it with the Langham Place mall attached and also a MTR station downstairs which has you minutes away from Tsim Sha Tsui, HK island etc. Subways are spotless and I know the routes rather well by now. The Ladies Market is kinda trashy, low class vendors bracing for bargaining. As I walked past several stalls I can
hear the vendors actually yelling at the tourists if they couldnt close the deal. I bought a "Swiss" watch, which worked for a day, when the maid empties the trash can, I hope she doesnt think it works. Save your shopping for Nathan rd. The Bird Market, hmmm stay away..when we were in hotel we heard on news they shut it down because a bird was infected with bird flu, this was June 16th. They showed the health people spraying the area and the shop owners were livid, screaming about the closings. Dont chance it. All other surrounding streets spark the senses, interesting to see one of the most crowded areas in the world pulsate. We wanted to see a HK horserace so we took the KCR rail to Sha Tin Racecourse. It was an awesome experience, not like the USA tracks. There wasnt cursing, spitting, throwing programs or yelling. It was orderly and really a pretty track. From Langham take the Mong Kok KCR to dedicated
"Racecourse" stop..which was about 14 minutes away. Bring your passport for free admission, we sprung for the Members Club which was air conditioned, well worth it. If you like Malls, Times Square is the best, take MTR to causeway bay and exit at Times square ramp. The pavilion is picture perfect. You must do the Peak, and eat at
"The Lookout", reserve for a table looking over the city. We went for
breakfast and it was almost empty. We did the HK sponsered Tai Chi classes offered at the Museum of Art near the Star ferry in Tsim Sha Tsui. The instructor was fantastic, really into his Tai Chi, many locals were there as volunteers. The Canton Rd mall and shops were kinda pricy and dont have that HK feel. Also visit the Temple on Nathan Rd about 5 minute walk north of Police Station. Dont choke on the incense smoke, it is overbearing but its an experience watching the locals give their offerings. Respect their privacy, no photos, however they allowed us to take pics if people werent in pic. I can go on forever, I love Hong Kong. My only "donts" are the Ladies Market and Bird Market. The Langham Mall has great food choices on 4th floor, actually quite cheap for good food. Oh another 'dont'...I wouldnt eat from those vendors with the meat and squid out in open, I saw several instances where they handled the food and touched their
faces, dirty water etc. Well, I got off track, this was supposed to be a hotel review, its great, the 5th floor work/play area..free internet and a bar with superb eats, kinda pricy. The pool is sweet and the treadmills make you feel like youre walking over the city. The breakfast was excellent, Im a Dim Sum and sushi addict and they had both. Rooms are small but we basically slept there only, so no big deal.

• Liked — Access to subaway and Mall
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
17 Thank a12548
Lymm, Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2007

Fantastic hotel, the only slight gripe was that our room was slightly smaller than others we stayed in during our trip. Pool is an amazing experience, the rest of the spa area is superbly executed. The link to the mall, the excellent restaurants and cafes, and the proximity to the MTR are major pluses. But the very best thing is walking into the neighbourhood, its not like further up in Kowloon where there are tourists everywhere, this is a vibrant, real and very chinese part of town. I love the combination of a crazy street scene, and a beautiful hotel when you've had enough of it.

Stayed June 2007
7 Thank PaulLmcfc
Ipswich, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2007

First of all, as ever thanks to all of you who submit advice on this site - it's never let me down yet.

As per the instructions on this site, I splashed out for the "Executive" deal. This gives you access to the "Club" room which gives you free food and drink from 6:30am to around midnight. There are also 2 PCs and one Mac you can use which have internet access and a printer, plus the views from the room over HK are amazing. All of the staff at the hotel are polite and seem eager to please.
The hotel is connected to a shopping mall and underground station, so is ideally situated. It's also a short walk from the Lady's Market and Temple Street markets, as well as a street selling cameras, iPods and mobile phones; although if like me you've come from the UK, I don't think the prices to be had there - and believe me, I shopped around - are worth it, especially if you get caught at customs.

Anyway, the hotel is wonderful and I would go there again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — Location was superb, staff exceptional
  • Disliked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank xtrapnel
Oakland, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2007

langham place is one of the best hotel that i had, it's really really nice and will be a favorite hotel for those who love to shop like me, it is connected to Langham Place Shopping Mall and were you can also try to ride in one of the tallest escalator in ASIA. it is connected to Langham Place Shopping Mall and were you can also try to ride in one of the tallest escalator in ASIA funny me, Im like a first timer little girl to ride an escalator (but take note its a tall one...). also just a short walk away is the ladies market and about a 5 minute walk u have fish market and then about 10 minute walk you have flower market and bird market which are interesting to see. the main shopping off temple street night market is easily accesable from the mtr subway located in the mall basement, take one exit.
The room although we just got there standard room but wow your money worth it. Although the main room is small it is well decorated and clean ( except hte pillow case did have a coupel brown stainsthe only reaon i mark this hotel down). there r modern flat screen tv and a very modern phone dont worry when u see it there r directions.
the bathroom was very unique with a glass wall. the bathroom is very clean and nicely decorated with glass sink and heated electric mirror( no steam ).
for food we did not eat any meals at the hotel. But they had a wide variety available jsut when u walk in there is a beatifully laid out desert bar to a buffet with flowing white and dark chocolate. second floor is a music bar and causual dinning. we also did see two other restuarants listed but did not see them.
langham place mall connected by (skywalk has a wide variety of food from the 14 th floor nicer restuarants to fast food choices and my needed favorite starbucks on the same floor as walk way.
the only reason i mark this hotel down is it is 3 mtr stations away from the high end shopping area of pennisula hotel and ferry center does not have good view of hong kong but does have nice view of kowloon and the stain on pillow case.

Stayed May 2007
7 Thank jessicanrichard
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2007

I was at the end of my 2.5 week trip through Asia, during which I had gone to Singapore to meet with my vendor, gone to Guangzhou to meet with my client, back to Singapore to get engaged (yes you read that correctly), and then to Hong Kong to meet with client. Needless to say, I was incredibly tired and just wanted a nice place to stay that was convenient.

Langham Place hotel turned out to be the exact remedy I needed. For one the location in Mongkok is central, it's connected to a mall and the busy shopping area (including the infamous Ladies Night Market where it's like Thailand's Chattuchuk market but in Cantonese). The hotel was well-appointed, the bed comfortable, bathroom clean, and even though I didn't have much a view I didn't really care. It was just nice to stay in a nice place that was reasonable from a price perspective.

The only regret that I had was that I couldn't use the much-talked about spa as they were fully booked. I did manage to go see the rooftop pool that's a part of the spa, and it was very impressive.

Next time I'm in Hong Kong I think I might stay here as opposed to Hong Kong Island as the transportation is incredibly convenient, it's closer to the airport, and there is obviosuly a lot to do in Kowloon. However most of all, I really liked this hotel a lot and wouldn't mind coming back for a longer stay, including a few hours in the spa.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, service
  • Disliked — Extra charge for late checkout beyond 3PM (though I understand why)
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business