Not much to add to all the other reviews.
For me, hotels are all about location. Ultimately, you dont spend half your holiday in the hotel.
This hotel has an ideal location. Near to all the local markets, and on top of a large shopping mall. Also right on top of an MTR station- from the time you leave your room, it is c 25 m ins by MTR to the island.
Have seen some comments about the size of the rooms- I stayed in a normal one. I was on my own and the room was perfect. Even if sharing, should be fine unless planning to spend a long time in the room itself.
The bed and pillows are so comfy- perfect for sleeping off jetlag.
I dont normally use or notice hotel staff. All the employees at the hotel were amazing. All smiling and wanted to help. Asked the concierge a question about being able to check in for my flight at the train station. Within 2 mins he had phoned the station and had the answer. Also so helpful with questions about itineries.
The hotel also does a good cocktail nite every thursday between 6 and 8- free to residents.
Recommend the hotel bar's happy hour between 6 and 8 (I think). They dont skimp on the measures.
Downsides? If you like a lot of fresh fruit for breakfast, you will be disappointed- mainly tinned fruit. But the omelettes were good
Location wise, for mixing with locals and easy accessibility to the main tourist sites, this is the hotel for you. If you want to spend your time clubbing and getting pissed, stay on the island (please!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong