My family & I stayed for 6 days in the "residence" and all my experience was with the suite and Club L.
1) Service was exceptional and friendly.
2) Location was great for us. Like the street life and being close to the MTR wade our sightseeing easy.
3) Food (& drink) in the Club L was great, plentiful and free.
4) Bed was super comfortable.
5) Everything was spotlessly clean, and room cleaning service was perfect and unobtrusive.
6) Fantastic view from 38th floor and Club L.
So OK, why is my real rating 4 1/2 STARS?
-1) I choose a Suite (The Residence) because I had 3 persons. This is why I pay for more for a suite. I expected the couch to serve as a bed. It was too short to sleep on and it did not fold out into a bed. I have used this sort of set up many places before and it is perfect for a family w/kids. Why not have a couch w/ a fold out bed? (I should have made it clear what the bedding was, so partly my fault).
-2) I found some of the layout and doors a bit clumsy. Our bedroom door got stuck and had to call maintenance. Not a deal killer, but it did take away a little.
-3) Paid for suite and Club L so could enjoy food and drinks. SO why in our suite, do they have a MINI-BAR with (mostly) the same items available for free in Club L, but they want to CHARGE US FOR??!!
2 other notes.1) They seem to be big on up selling, so be prepared to be offered a better room. They offered us the Penthouse for 2 notes for about $400 US more. Not pushy, but be prepared. 2) We had an incident in our room. Our shower was leaking a lot of water (outside the shower door) and my wife slipped in it an hurt her foot. The hotel handled it very well, instantly sending maintenance and insuring her well being. (This is one thing I hate about Asia- the use of tile in a bathroom, which looks nice but is VERY SLICK when wet!)
The bottom line is this hotel is worth the money at least in the Club L.HINTS: Also we experienced very quick check in and out in the club @ 36. If you are staying in a suite by pass the lobby check in. Also (another rating complained about slow elevators) elevators were always quick, so no issue there. MTR is a bit of a walk, so be prepared. Also the signage is a bit confusing and the mall is always crowed. We hauled our luggage from the MTR as I thought it would be a bit closer, but it worked out OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong