We stayed at the Langham Place for 3 nights in February/March 2013. This hotel is at a great location, in the middle of everything - within easy walking distance to Nathan Road, to the various street markets, to the "bird street" and "fish street", etc. You walk out of the hotel, a few steps away and you get to a street lined with vendors selling fresh vegetable, fruits, meats, seafood, etc. The hotel is connected to a big shopping mall, which is convenient.
The hotel is relatively old. Our room was clean, as expected for this level of hotel, but the carpet showed its age. One thing that bothered me a little was there was the smell of "humidity" in the room - not as bad as mildew, but something. I did not complain since I did not think there was anything they could do. The hotel's service was good. The concierge was very helpful.
There is a 2-star Michelin rated Chinese restaurant "Ming Court" on the 6th floor of the hotel, which served good Chinese food. We had lunch and dinner there once each. The dimsum lunch was delicious. The dinner was good, but for the price I would not rate it excellent, and the service was so-so. There is a restaurant in the mall called "Jasmine Garden" which served excellent dimsum lunch and dinner! It appeared to be quite popular among the locals. We loved the food there better than Ming Court and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong