Again I'm writing my review a little late - I stayed at the Langham Place Hotel in late November 2012. Hong Kong was our final stop during our China holiday - we had been to Shanghai and Beijing for 2 weeks and finished up in Hong Kong for 3 nights. There were 4 of us travelling and we had not anticipated the amount of luggage we would have (as most girls do - we shopped up a storm in Mainland China). It finally dawned on us that we would be getting into HK and most likely need 2-3 taxis to ferry all our luggage to the hotel! So I called ahead and asked Langham if they would be able to provide some transfers for us at short notice - the operator was onto it straight away and managed to secure a mini-van to pick us up from the airport for a small fee (hallelujah!). On arriving at HK airport - we went straight to the LH service desk (right near the arrivals gate) and were greeted with a tray of cool refreshments and toiletrie bags (so nice!). We were then met by 2 sturdy young men who carried all our luggage for us to the waiting mini-van. And not just any old mini-van, a brand spanking shiny new mini-van! Heavenly! On arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by amazing staff who whisked us away to our room, where we were able to take advantage of the "in-room check-in" option. No waiting in line at the check-in desk!! :-) There was a small issue with our room in that we were giving a smoking room as opposed to a non-smoking room. The smell was very strong regardless of the amounts of airfreshner - however there were no family suites available in the non-smoking wing that night. So the staff provided a humidifier type device for the night which was fine. The next morning, we were whisked into our new non-smoking room a few floors up. We left to take in the sights that morning and all our room moving needs were performed before we returned :) The hotel itself is very modern and connected to the Langham Place Mall directly next door. Due to the huge array of options for meals and activities around the hotel - we did not have any meals there so cannot comment on those. However, the location of the hotel is very central to trains (Mongkok station is right at the doorstep). We visitied Disneyland during our visit and the train took us from doorstep to doorstep seamlessly. The staff at the Langham Place were amazing and always willing to help, the facilities immaculate and modern with splashes art work and sculptures throughout the hotel. We did visit the pool on the rooftop but never got a chance to test it out - it was amazing however with complete views across HK harbour. Ladies market is a 5 minute walk for those wanting to get some shopping in - as well as a multitude of restaurants and shops. HK Harbour is a short train ride to watch the light show at night as well as take in the harbour views and activities. All in all an amazing stay at a wonderful hotel. Will definately be back - thank you Langham Place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-star hotel, Cordis, Hong Kong at Langham Place is located in the heart of Hong Kong. The 668-room upscale hotel connects you to the Langham Place shopping mall and the MTR station. Each room has been enhanced and is equipped with wifi, smartphone, LED Smart TV and more for you to discover, amidst genuine heartfelt service. The Traditional Chinese Medicine-inspired Chuan Spa features over 60 treatments and stellar dining ranging from Michelin-starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, to modern European restaurant & bar, Alibi Wine Dine Be Social. To elevate your stay, the spacious Club Lounge offers premium privileges and services for the jetset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct and Jetsetter so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong at Langham Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong At Langham Place