I am from HK originally and now live in the UK. My family lives not far from the Langham Place hotel, and I stay at the hotel every time I come back to visit. It is in an area called Mongkok which is a very "LOCAL" area, never used to be very touristy but that just adds to its charm. You stay in this hotel not because you want to compare it to the other Five Star places in the city, but because it is a cool area, much less sterile than Central. It is very reasonable for this city price wise, less than half the price of the Mandarin etc. I stay in the Prime Place rooms which are a bit more pricey, probably one below a suite, but they are very spacious, with a super huge comfortable bed, walk in shower and separate bath, a mini kitchenette, seating area, huge TV, floor to ceiling windows etc. It is cleaned twice a day, and I cannot fault the people who work there. It is not as luxurious as the Mandarin or the Shangri La (which let's face it are FANTASTIC), but it is a different type of hotel really! Much more funky, much less expensive. It makes up for it with great service and the location.
Mongkok is a busy place full of interesting streets that never go to sleep. It is a very convenient location, you can catch the tube, the bus, or a cab really easily (by cab via the Western tunnel, you can be in Central in 20 minutes). Nathan Road is 5 minutes walk away, which is the road you see in all the postcards with the huge neon signs and shops etc. It is attached to a great shopping mall with lots of restaurants and interesting shops (starbucks, local fast food places, high end dim sum restaurants, fashion, makeup, accessories shops etc). This is open until 11pm and it's where the locals hang out (where lots of young couples come for dates at the weekends!) If you don't have breakfast at the hotel, you literally wander across a glass bridge and you are in the mall faced with all the choices in the world (Starbucks, Japanese, Singaporean....) If you feel more adventurous, come out of the hotel and to the side streets and you have all sorts of "local" cafes and restaurants (roast duck noodles, huge bowls of congee etc). There is also a wet market right behind the hotel, where my mother goes shopping for seafood (it is well known for its seafood). The big development "Elements" is not far away, if you fancy high end entertainment. If you want something more affordable, Ladies Market and Fa Yuen Street market are both also walking distance away.
The restaurants in the hotel are good, if a bit pricey. The Chinese restaurant serves excellent food, great dim sum, very good roasted/ barbecued meats (it has a Michelin star). The Japanese restaurant is good too, although a bit of a strange space and not necessarily atmospheric. I have not eaten in the other restaurants, as there is just so much choice outside of the hotel within walking distance.
The swimming pool is small but quite fun as it is on the roof. The changing rooms are spotless and very well maintained. The gym is excellent, very well equipped and maintained, superb views. The spa is good although it is expensive. It is very luxurious, a treat. But bear in mind there are a HUGE array of spas in HK which provide equally good treatments (if not better) but definitely not as luxuriously decorated.
All in all, one of my favourite places to stay in the world. I like the way it is managed by excellent staff, it is very comfortable, I love the location, and it has good energy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong