“Superb Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Superb Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed there for a very short 4 days (due to work, could not stay longer) and it was a memorable one!

I must say, the concierge staff were very knowledgeable and delivered impeccable service! Gotta give it to them!

The room was clean (no musty smell) and the housekeeping did a thorough job whenever she makes the room. Everything was vacuumed, mopped and wiped clean. Oh, and the turnover service in the evenings was simply superb! Very detailed! Must give it to them on this one too!

The location of the hotel is really very good! I read up on Trip Advisor before deciding on a hotel. And I must say, it was a good recommendation! This hotel is located right smack in Mongkok where the street markets are just a walking distance away. Accessibility to the train network is very convenient because the shopping mall of the hotel is connected to the Mongkok MTR station, making travel to other parts of Hong Kong very convenient. The taxi services were also very good. No surcharges etc and they get you to your destinations quickly (provided there are no jams along the way).

Food is also not a problem. There are nice restaurants serving local cuisines from dim sum to Japanese & Western food is available around the area (if you don't plan to travel out of Mongkok). The local eateries around the area open till late at night where some even open for 24 hours. We didn’t eat at the hotel restaurant nor did we opt for the hotel’s breakfast package as we have already planned to venture out and dine at the local eateries and especially the convenience of waking up in the late morning.

We tried out the massage and it was really good and relaxing! The hotel has a roof-top pool and outdoor jacuzzi. Best part, both are heated. So it wasn’t a problem if the ouotdoor temperature drops to 10 degress or lower. You can still enjoy a nice warm swim.

We are already planning another trip in June this year. And if we decide to fly to Hong Kong again, there is a high possibility that we would come back to stay at Langham Place again...and this time, it would be a week at least!

Room Tip: Do note that the hotel charges for internet in your room. We opted it out as there is a business cen...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank leezardio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed 4 nights in the Langham Place Hotel recently, and really quite enjoyed it. It's a great option if you need or want to stay in Kowloon as opposed to HK Island. On previous visits to Hong Kong I've always stayed in Tsim Tsa Tsui, which is convenient but very crowded and overrun with annoying touts trying to sell you everything from tailored suits to Rolex watches. The Langham Place Hotel is a few miles north of Tsim Tsa Tsui, in Mongkok, and it's really quite a different atmosphere. It's a good deal less crowded (although of course it's Hong Kong so that's a relative term), and generally has a more local vibe than Tsim Tsa Tsui.

The hotel itself is quite nice if a bit soulless; there's really not much memorable about it, but I don't suppose that's a bad thing. The room and bed were both well-appointed and quite comfortable, and the room AC was fantastic and kept the room nice and cool. Breakfast is also good but a bit sparse on options. Certainly well worth it if you can get a room package that includes breakfast (I did). The adjacent mall has at least a dozen restaurants right across the walkway, although I don't think they're open early so they may not be good options for breakfast. You can also get to the Mongkok subway station through the mall, but it's a bit of a maze and requires going down several floors and walking through quite a good bit of the mall. It honestly might be easier and faster to walk on the street, weather permitting.

If you have the luxury of pre-planning your trip, be sure to double-check the rates periodically. They seem to fluctuate a good deal. I think I saved around 1000 HKD on my 4 night stay by keeping an eye on the rates and re-booking when I noticed a cheaper rate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pw_sf
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Its always my first choice to stay at langham place whenever i am in hk since 2007, was rather disappointed when i didnt get my preference room, and it seems that they tell this to every customer they check in, the only inconvenient part is you might hav to passby the busy mall when you wish to head out, if not thats the best choice to stay

• Stayed February 2012
Sunshine Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

I booked a club room as a surprise for my wife as a 15 wedding anniversary present/break.

We were offered a corner room ending in a ##01 at reception, I had read that these room were bigger and gave a great view. We took the room and were both very happy with the room and great views from the 37th floor over Kowloon and HK Island. The room was clean and comfortable with a great bathroom.

The Club lounge was great with a great selection of food and drinks ran by some fantastic staff, a real credit to the hotel. It's s shame that some middle aged women on a free-bee from the Australian government thought it a "free" RSL with the drinks. I do recommend the up-grade to a club room as the club was a great reward after a days shopping, pooping in for a drink and a beautiful snack and cocktails in the evening

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

I visited Hong Kong in February 2012, staying at both Langham Place Hotel, and it's sister, The Langham Hotel (courtesy of an incorrect itinerary & missed flight back to Australia !).

I spent two nights at the Langham Place Hotel, which is located in the Mongkok area of Kowloon. It is in a very busy commercial area, which can make the area difficult in terms of orienteering. However, it is connected to the Mong Kok MTR stop, although it is a bit like playing an old level game like "Pitfall" on Commodore 64 to get there, as you seem to go up and down escalators to get between the two locations.

The hotel is very new & modern, and one of the best hotels I stayed at during my three month around-the-world trip. The rooms are very modern, with an LCD TV, ensuite toilet/bath, etc. I appreciated that the hotel put an iron in the room without me prompting them, and there is a laundry service (although it is 48 hour, which wasn't much good for me).

The hotel has a pretty good lounge on the fifth floor, that also has some Windows & Mac computers as a courtesy for guests, and the whole hotel had wi-fi. The Wi-fi was a little unsteady in areas, and I found myself regularly having to log back in with my password if I lost connection. However, on the whole, I didn't have too many problems there.

I had one dinner & two breakfasts at the LPH - on both occasions at breakfast, I had scrambled eggs, which were cooked fresh by chefs at the hotel's egg station, and the staff are constantly coming to you asking if they can give you tea/coffee, or if you need anything at all (even half way through eating my breakfast !). The staff are very polite and serious about getting it right !

I liked the interior design of the LPH - at the entrance in the lobby there is a statue of a couple of commie guys waving their little red books around, which shows that Hong Kong seems to have embrassed post-colonial rule reasonably well.

While the hotel is not on HK island, don't regard this as a barrier - you can be at the Admiralty or Central stop in about 20 minutes from leaving your room if you use the MTR. Going the other way, you can get to Lantau Island (Disneyland/Airport/Cable Car & Buddha) pretty easy by taking the red line at Mongkok MTR a few stops, then alighting at the Lai King MTR station and taking the blue line if you are going to the airport, or orange line for the other locations. You can be on Lantau Island in about 45 minutes from leaving your room.

Next time I go to HK, I am likely to stay at the LPH hotel, and I thoroughly recommend it for other travellers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank PietroMorrizio
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 days. The rooms and service, including concierge staff are topnotch! From what I've read here, the reviews on TA are pretty accurate and I agree...The street market is just downstairs, there are eateries and stalls nearby. In the middle of Kowloon and Mongkok MTR is close.

I recommend staying here. We had a great experience at Langham Place. After a busy day of sightseeing, it was relaxing to return to this hotel, the rooms are modern and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank D W
philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Stayed in the property more than two years ago but failed to review this. This trip was our third in Hong Kong and have stayed at different hotels before. Langham was by far the best for us. We were talking about our travels and Langham will always come up as the one that reminds us of that fresh baby powder scent all over the hotel. We arrived quite early for check-in but we were provided one room so we can rest (we had two rooms for my family of five). That was a very considerate and generous gesture I would say. The regular rooms were not that spacious but it's ok for Hong Kong's standards.Bathroom was spotless and amenities were adequate.We had a tub and there was a glass wall where you could be seen inside the bath from the bedroom. But you could always roll down the blinds if you feel uncomfortable with this set-up. Beds were comfortable and sheets were of good quality. What we liked best about Langham was the location. You are just within the mall. Numerous restaurants of different price range were all over both in the mall and outside the mall. We just walked around the streets of Langham and saw shops, stores, food stalls, and more stores! It was a very lively place. It may be quite crowded but we loved the energy and the "happy and busy" feeling. You will not hear any noise though once you're in the privacy of your room. We don't remember any unanswered request from the desk or the housekeeping. Everything was to our liking. We have recommended this hotel to our other friends who visited Hong Kong after us and they were not disappointed. When in Kowloon (and we might visit again this year), Langham is our choice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank redstone1365
LPHKG, General Manager at Cordis, Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Hi redstone1365,

Thanks to you and your family and friends for all your seals of approval! Vibrant Mongkok and the team here at Langham Place keenly await your return later in the year.

Regards,