Stayed there for a very short 4 days (due to work, could not stay longer) and it was a memorable one!
I must say, the concierge staff were very knowledgeable and delivered impeccable service! Gotta give it to them!
The room was clean (no musty smell) and the housekeeping did a thorough job whenever she makes the room. Everything was vacuumed, mopped and wiped clean. Oh, and the turnover service in the evenings was simply superb! Very detailed! Must give it to them on this one too!
The location of the hotel is really very good! I read up on Trip Advisor before deciding on a hotel. And I must say, it was a good recommendation! This hotel is located right smack in Mongkok where the street markets are just a walking distance away. Accessibility to the train network is very convenient because the shopping mall of the hotel is connected to the Mongkok MTR station, making travel to other parts of Hong Kong very convenient. The taxi services were also very good. No surcharges etc and they get you to your destinations quickly (provided there are no jams along the way).
Food is also not a problem. There are nice restaurants serving local cuisines from dim sum to Japanese & Western food is available around the area (if you don't plan to travel out of Mongkok). The local eateries around the area open till late at night where some even open for 24 hours. We didn’t eat at the hotel restaurant nor did we opt for the hotel’s breakfast package as we have already planned to venture out and dine at the local eateries and especially the convenience of waking up in the late morning.
We tried out the massage and it was really good and relaxing! The hotel has a roof-top pool and outdoor jacuzzi. Best part, both are heated. So it wasn’t a problem if the ouotdoor temperature drops to 10 degress or lower. You can still enjoy a nice warm swim.
We are already planning another trip in June this year. And if we decide to fly to Hong Kong again, there is a high possibility that we would come back to stay at Langham Place again...and this time, it would be a week at least!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong