I often stay in HK for business and this is the hotel that I use most often. Based in TST on the Kowloon side it is very conveniently located and is only minutes in a cab to Harbour City - great for shopping!
The rooms are always kept very tidy and clean and I have always found it to be a quiet hotel when you are in the rooms - there doesn't seem to be a lot of noise on the floors unless you are near the lift shaft.
The food in Café on M is great - but make sure that you book for weekend / evenings as there is a buffet as well as Al a carte menu available and the buffet is very popular. Breakfast always has a really wide selection.
Tiffanys bar is great for an early or late drink - I find that it either is a bit too quiet and no atmosphere or there are singers in there with the microphones turned up ridiculously loudly so I avoid it between the hours of 8 and 11!
The bathrooms could do with an update - I am told there are certain floors that have glass walk in showers but I always seem to get a room with the bath and the shower curtain *shudders* - why haven't these unhygienic things been banned yet?
Staff are always incredibly helpful and unlike hotels over the border there are never hard feelings when I arrive and haven't managed to get local money yet and can't tip just yet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, being a member of Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), is an acclaimed five-star hotel that offers sophistication and heritage. Set against the stunning backdrop of Victoria Harbour, half of the hotel's 570 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites boost sweeping views of picturesque Hong Kong skyline and breathtaking Victoria Harbour.Located in the proximity of the world-famous Star Ferry and within easy reach of all major transportation systems such as the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) and Guangzhou-Kowloon Through Train Station, the hotel offers easy accessibility within the city and entry into China. With complimentary shuttle bus service provided by the hotel, Hong Kong's largest shopping mall Harbour City is just within doorstep. InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong provides the finest selection of world-class dining outlets from famed Cantonese cuisine at Hoi King Heen crafted by award-winning native Chef Leung, passionately Italian cuisine at Mistral with finest Italian produce, to contemporary international buffet at Café on M and Tiffany's New York Bar, knowing as Capital of Whisky with the largest whisky capacity in town. The sheer flexibility of the hotel, with its ample choice of venues complement the state-of-the-art meeting facilities in a comfortable and stylish setting, caters for functions of diverse size. For three consecutive years between 2014 and 2016, the hotel was recognized as "Hong Kong's Leading Business Hotel" by the prestigious World Travel Awards and the hotel collects the ultimate accolade for its renowned service as 'World's Leading Luxury Business Hotel' and 'Asia's Leading Business Hotel' in 2016. Its refined services and facilities makes the hotel the ideal choice for the savvy business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong