I often stay in HK for business and this is the hotel that I use most often. Based in TST on the Kowloon side it is very conveniently located and is only minutes in a cab to Harbour City - great for shopping!
The rooms are always kept very tidy and clean and I have always found it to be a quiet hotel when you are in the rooms - there doesn't seem to be a lot of noise on the floors unless you are near the lift shaft.
The food in Café on M is great - but make sure that you book for weekend / evenings as there is a buffet as well as Al a carte menu available and the buffet is very popular. Breakfast always has a really wide selection.
Tiffanys bar is great for an early or late drink - I find that it either is a bit too quiet and no atmosphere or there are singers in there with the microphones turned up ridiculously loudly so I avoid it between the hours of 8 and 11!
The bathrooms could do with an update - I am told there are certain floors that have glass walk in showers but I always seem to get a room with the bath and the shower curtain *shudders* - why haven't these unhygienic things been banned yet?
Staff are always incredibly helpful and unlike hotels over the border there are never hard feelings when I arrive and haven't managed to get local money yet and can't tip just yet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong was one of the first hotels on the Tsim Sha Tsui East waterfront of Victoria Harbour and still sets the standard for excellence in Hong Kong. As part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), the five-star hotel is nestled in a quiet corner of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East. The hotel is within easy reach of all major transportation systems including the world-famous Star Ferry and MTR. Situated 10 minutes away from the East Tsimshatsui Station and Hung Hom Station, the hotel also offers complimentary shuttle bus service to Nathan Road and major shopping malls along Canton Road within Tsimshatsui area. A prime locale puts you in easy reach of Central, Jade Market, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Kowloon Park and Hong Kong Science Museum. In both 2015 and 2014, the hotel was recognized as "Hong Kong's Leading Business Hotel" by the prestigious World Travel Awards. It is simply the ideal choice for both the leisure and business traveller alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong