“A Hotel The Way It Should Be!”

InterContinental Grand Stanford
Ranked #23 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Truly excellent hotel, with absolutely no drawbacks. Located in the southern part of Kowloon withing walking distance from Star Ferry, Tsim Sha Tsui promenade, MTR station and zillions of great shops & restaurants. The staff is very courteous, friendly and efficient. The rooms are equipped with absolutely everything a traveller might need, including iron & ironing board and tea/coffee making facilities. The bed is big and extremely comfortable, while the bathroom is super convenient and decorated with marbles. Room service was very fast and polite. In fact the extras like mini bar & in-room breakfast are very inexpensive in this hotel which came as a pleasant surpise. The Chinese restaurant called Hoi King Heen, located in the basement floor, is absolutely impeccable. To sum up, this perfectly located, well-managed, state-of-the-art hotel is surely one of my best hotel stays ever and moreover, given the quality of service & the hotel itself, the value for money is sure there. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I ever return to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: The rooms with harbour view are a little more expensive. I stayed in the room overlooking Mody Road...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear amk2f,

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com, we are very grateful that you chose to spend your trip to Hong Kong staying with us.

We thank you for your kind and detailed review and for sharing your experience with other discerning travelers.

Here at the hotel we hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Grand Stanford

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Excellent hotel, very well located, with fantastic views and very nice breakfeast. Staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent conditions and cleanliness. The room was very nice with a great view to Victoria's bay. The skyline view at night is fantastic. Nice place to stay in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear SandraBarreiros,

It is great to hear that you found the hotel to be well located with good views and you found our breakfast and staff to be very friendly and helpful, we appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

As a platinum member with IHG Hotels, I got a priority check in. I have booked my room in advance but wantede to check Harbour view room so I requested to see both my rooms. To my surprise, the lady at the reception very quickly came with us and showed both the rooms and gave the right advice.

It wasnt worth spending $500 per day for Harbour view as the rooms were not very spacious. The one I opted earlier got upgraded to Premier room which was very spacious.

Pls ask for newly renvated rooms in this Hotel as they are very nice and worth the value.

The location is very close to shopping, MTR and also Indian restaurants.

Room Tip: I would prefer more spacious room as opposed to harbour view room which are not very spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Hitesh A,

It is great to hear that as a platinum member with IHG Hotels you got priority check in. in regards to the upgrade this gives you the harbour view rather than the city view.

On future trips please contact me personally if I may assist with any needs, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel is really quite acceptable but for us had two distinct characteristics; the excellent guest rooms and the noisy uncomfortable public areas. Our 16th floor room had a large picture window facing the HK conference centre and two easy chairs in which to relax and enjoy the view. The room was spacious well lit and furnished and clean with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was also well furnished, modern, clean and had an excellent “over the bath shower” with plenty of hot water. The breakfast buffet was very good but the rather cramped restaurant was a little too frenetic. On a less positive note the hotel is really rather impersonal, soulless, and characterless and has polite but brusque staff, but it’s none the less perfectly efficient. The lobby/reception was usually crowded with people, luggage and plenty of activity. There doesn’t appear to be a quiet guest lounge or a coffee shop and when we asked reception about having some tea they suggested that we either go to the other Intercontinental down the road or to the shopping area. Not good enough for a large hotel. There was no free Wi-Fi. Overall this is a perfectly good place to stay but probably very easy to forget.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have good views and are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear William G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on your recent trip.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our guest room and the views, in regards to the buffet area, generally we are full each day, I am sorry that you found it to be crowded as was our lobby.

I do really hope you will return as we look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here on the 29 December 2013 and back again a few days later. We stayed on the Club floor and it was amazing. The staff were fantastic. The staff could not do enough for you and they were always there to help. The people in charge on the club floor were unbelievably kind, and would do anything for you. This includes making or changing your reservations, helping you book tickets to any show or trip around HongKong. The food was one of the best we have had in the IHG. It was well worth while paying extra money for the club floor, as you have breakfast, afternoon tea and a light dinner, including the alcoholic drinks. They had a very good range. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a hotel in HongKong. We will be returning again in April. Many thanks to the all staff who work in the club floor. We appreciate all your kindness and assistance. Many thanks to the chefs who preps the food for the club floor as they made some amazing food that was just absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: Book a club floor room so you receive all the benefits that go with it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cyrus22,

It is lovely to hear that you had a great time and thanks for your compliments about our Club. We are indeed very proud to have such passionate team members working with us.

Please ensure to contact me personally before your April trip and if I may assist with any future needs please let me know, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This is an upscale hotel with a terrific location that is near restaurants , subway and shopping.It is also very convenient for business and has a great business centre with at tentative staff and and comfortable meeting rooms.The staff are fantastic and restaurants have a broad selection of tasty foods.

• Stayed: December 2013
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Lance K,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your trip to Hong Kong and for taking the time to write and give feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

We are pleased you found our location, meeting room and staff to be to your needs and liking, we appreciate the feedback.

We hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I selected InterContinental Grand Stanford Hotel due to its location. I read several reviews made by guests of this hotel in Tripadvisor and it seems that the common complaint is the rudeness of the hotel staff. As this is HK, I am not surprised (I have visited HK more than 6x and customer service in HK is practically nil/inexistent though it has substantially improved throughout the years). However, I was taken aback by the efficiency of the hotel staff and the care they showed us as guest of this hotel so I am making this review. We arrived in the hotel at around 10 am and we were allowed to check in. The housekeeping staff also made sure our room was clean every time we entered our room (It was a first for me that our room got cleaned more than once a day without any request and I've stayed in quite a number of five star hotels). A day before our check out date, a hotel staff asked us what time we wanted to check out, our flight and transportation details and if we needed a wake up call. This is another first for me. Kudos to the hotel staff of Intercontinental Grand Stanford for making our stay in HK quite comfortable.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TessSo

Dear TessSo,

On behalf of the management I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the recognition of our staff, I am pleased that you left us with a positive impression, sharing your review with our team put big smiles on their faces, for this I thank you, there is no greater motivator than the feedback from our guests.