“Great location and service”

InterContinental Grand Stanford
Ranked #23 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This is an upscale hotel with a terrific location that is near restaurants , subway and shopping.It is also very convenient for business and has a great business centre with at tentative staff and and comfortable meeting rooms.The staff are fantastic and restaurants have a broad selection of tasty foods.

• Stayed: December 2013
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Lance K,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your trip to Hong Kong and for taking the time to write and give feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

We are pleased you found our location, meeting room and staff to be to your needs and liking, we appreciate the feedback.

We hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I selected InterContinental Grand Stanford Hotel due to its location. I read several reviews made by guests of this hotel in Tripadvisor and it seems that the common complaint is the rudeness of the hotel staff. As this is HK, I am not surprised (I have visited HK more than 6x and customer service in HK is practically nil/inexistent though it has substantially improved throughout the years). However, I was taken aback by the efficiency of the hotel staff and the care they showed us as guest of this hotel so I am making this review. We arrived in the hotel at around 10 am and we were allowed to check in. The housekeeping staff also made sure our room was clean every time we entered our room (It was a first for me that our room got cleaned more than once a day without any request and I've stayed in quite a number of five star hotels). A day before our check out date, a hotel staff asked us what time we wanted to check out, our flight and transportation details and if we needed a wake up call. This is another first for me. Kudos to the hotel staff of Intercontinental Grand Stanford for making our stay in HK quite comfortable.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TessSo

Dear TessSo,

On behalf of the management I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the recognition of our staff, I am pleased that you left us with a positive impression, sharing your review with our team put big smiles on their faces, for this I thank you, there is no greater motivator than the feedback from our guests.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights on business from Dec 18-23, 2013. The hotel lobby is well-appointed and I was greeted very enthusiastically. My room was on the 10th floor overlooking the harbour. The room was a bit small, but it had everything I needed. I could also tell that the room/floor was recently renovated. I love the dark wood that is used in the room and the hallways.

The location cannot be beat - only a 15 minute walk to the star ferry or a 10 minute walk to the subway station.

I ordered room service probably 5 times and ate at the breakfast buffet twice. All was excellent.

Housekeeping came twice daily and always made my room up perfectly. I also really appreciated the complimentary bottles of water.

I am in the travel/tourism industry and this property truly lived up to my expectations.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Seattledude01,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your 5 nights stay in Hong Kong and for taking the time to write and give feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

We are delighted to read your review and that you found our location, room service, breakfast buffet to be excellent. We are glad that we lived up to my expectations.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

service is great

hotel is a decent value for HK but............

food in the Club Lounge is just atrocious (horrible) and they stopped serving Champagne, they now serve some crap prosecco

the Lounge is why I stay there and it is looking dirty + tired despite the great view

they did a nice job refurbishing the rooms and the service is above average but they are definitely cheapening their product in the lounge - big disappointment

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank numberoneson

Dear numberoneson,

Thank you for taking the time to write and give feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

Whilst we are pleased that you found our service to be great, I am very concerned that you found the food in the Club not to be of good quality and in addition the serving of Champagne, we currently offer a choice of both Champagne (Moet) and Italian Prosecco, I would like to hear back from you if you could email me as to how this service issue happened as this will help me further rectify any shortcomings in how it is offered to our guests.

Here at the hotel we hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have a personal preference for IC hotels and during my trip to Hong Kong I had the chance to experience both IC properties which are relatively close to each other.

The Grand Stanford might not be as big as its sister property - the IC HKG, but what it lacks in size it is more than made up by wonderful service and a superb club facility in an intimate setting. From the minute that we were checked in at the club, we felt like valued guests by the attentive and proactive staff. The club facility was elegantly appointed and felt inviting. There were wonderful views of Victoria Harbor from the tables and I had the opportunity to have breakfast here the following morning. The food display was sumptuous with items that catered to a wide range of tastes. Staff was always courteous and welcoming.

As for the room, we requested a harbor view room and it did not disappoint. The view was lovely and the decor was contemporary and spacious. The bed felt comfortable and it was a pleasure to find the Ambassador extras like water and fruits upon entering the room. Unable to sleep at around 4A, I decided to go down to the lobby and take some pics. One of the staff members (perhaps security since he was not in uniform and was in business attire) stared at me for a few seconds which made me feel slightly awkward. Perhaps a casual greeting or acknowledgement would have been more appropriate. I stayed for a little while and then returned to my room.

Overall I had an excellent stay here and will return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear jetsetpanda,

We are delighted to know that you found our service in our Club lounge to be excellent as well as the product we offer there, we also appreciate your feedback on photo taking, I will certainly look at this area.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed 4 nights on business and this hotel was in the budget as it was considerably cheaper than the other intercontinental or the shangri la . When i arrived, they offered me either a double with no view or a "small single with a view over the harbour". The small single turned out to be very spacious and a fantastic view over the harbour. The breakfast was one of the best i have had in a hotel.
Hotel is a 15 minute walk from the ferry - but what a walk!

Room Tip: The view over the harbour makes all the difference
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear andrew-jerusalem,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on the hotel, regarding your recent four night stay, we appreciate your kind review.

We hope you will return again soon as we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

InterContinental hotels around the world are really something special. This hotel perhaps was special in the past, it is aged and it looses the edge when compared to other sister hotels in the chain and with other hotels at Hong Kong.
The hotel is old or looks old but very well maintained. Rooms are comfortable and spacious, fully equipped and with good wireless internet signal.
The breakfast area is a bit small but the food is really good, typical varied full house Hong Kong hotels breakfast buffet. It is worth getting up,that bit earlier and enjoy the morning breakfast.
The hotel command some good views of the harbour from Kowloon side.

Room Tip: Many rooms will not have view to the harbour or will have partial view. It is good to trying get a f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear LuisMiguel808,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on the hotel, regarding your recent stay with us, I am sorry you found the hotel to be old, may I suggest on future visits to reserve a premier room as this is our newly renovated rooms.