“Average for the InterContinental brand”

InterContinental Grand Stanford
Ranked #26 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Average for the InterContinental brand”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

InterContinental hotels around the world are really something special. This hotel perhaps was special in the past, it is aged and it looses the edge when compared to other sister hotels in the chain and with other hotels at Hong Kong.
The hotel is old or looks old but very well maintained. Rooms are comfortable and spacious, fully equipped and with good wireless internet signal.
The breakfast area is a bit small but the food is really good, typical varied full house Hong Kong hotels breakfast buffet. It is worth getting up,that bit earlier and enjoy the morning breakfast.
The hotel command some good views of the harbour from Kowloon side.

Room Tip: Many rooms will not have view to the harbour or will have partial view. It is good to trying get a f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear LuisMiguel808,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on the hotel, regarding your recent stay with us, I am sorry you found the hotel to be old, may I suggest on future visits to reserve a premier room as this is our newly renovated rooms.

We hope you will return again soon as we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

John_drummond@interconti.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Denpasar, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed for 6 nights mid of November 2013. Upon check in, the staff handled it very smoothly & quickly. Bit more smile would be nicer :) Upon entering my room, I opened the curtain and was surprised by the view of the room... nothing except other rooms in square space... really not what I expected, at least I expected to be able to see the city or the harbour out of my window, but never mind...
I wanted to take shower when suddenly I felt something sharp under my toes. Small pieces of glasses were there...possibley previous guests broke the mineral water bottles, I don't know... it was very dangerous.... I could not believe this happened in the room. Luckily I did not press it too hard so not got injured. I call GRO immediately to ask for housekeeping to vacum my room, especially the bathroom. Before the HK staff arrived, I found few more pieces closed to the sliding door. The staff came in 10 minutes (good), cleaning it properly. They should have cleaned the room attentively before guest checked in.
I spent most of days out of the Hotel during the week so rarely explored the hotel facilities...
Hotel ambience was good... staff at lobby was helpful, especially the door man... I tried the lunch with my colleague in the main restaurant, the food was just so so (compared to the price)... limited selection the buffet... I feel the seating area is too packed... The pool and gym at top floor was also just ordinary...
I checked out very early to catch the flight, the staff was handling it well and quickly (as usual in hong kong) but from hotelier point of view, staff here just need to smile more to the guests.... friendliness is a key in guest satisfaction... while it costs nothing !!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear dekpendi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on the hotel, regarding your recent six night stay and for sharing your review with us, we appreciate your feedback on your stay and thank you for bringing to our attention some defects in our service standards, I assure you that this is not our usual practice and apologize.

We do hope that you return to stay with us. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

What can I say about this hotel. I only stayed 1 night in this hotel and leaves an everlasting impression in my mind. The lobby was big, with staircase from the lobby going up 1 floor to a restaurant. Front desk staff are polite and professional looking but missing the Chinese traditional traits. The room was roomy and room amenities are o.k not Hyatt quality. I really did not pick any room as I was just need to sleep for an earlier flight. I wish I could stay longer to give it a more thoroughly review but it was a pleasant stay nevertheless.

Dear ROCROC62,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on the hotel, regarding your recent one night stay, we hope on future trips through Hong Kong you will have more time to experience the hotel and Hong Kong.

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2N/3D. The check-in was a breeze, by a lovely lady behind the counter. She was courteous, polite and asked me about my preferences of room, type of bed, etc. I was given a harbour view room (an upgrade as i am a loyalty member) and the view was stunning. I had my suit pressed in 20 mins which is the best time in any hotel ever. The location is excellent - you have a starbucks just around the corner, TST East station a 5 mins walk, 7-11 across the street. All in all, a great place and will def stay here the next time i return.

Room Tip: harbour facing rooms are the best for their stunning view of HK Island.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Shethronak,

Thank you for sharing your review with us, your feedback and other guest is important to us.

We appreciate you highlight on our front desk staff and your suit pressing time being speedy.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed in The Grand Stanford three nights in October 2013. In and out one night (10/03/13) - returned later for two night stay (10/06/13 and 10/07/13). I have stayed in this hotel several times over the years - my best guess - at least on nine separate visits to Hong Kong. The welcome from the bell service to check in to valet was excellent. Room was great and well furnished. Bathroom was large - with shower only (thankfully - I hate bath tubs). Lots of towels as well. The 2nd part of my trip - I was upgraded to a harbor view - and what a view it is.

The buffet breakfast on the mezzanine was great - everything you could ever want.

When checking out the 1st night - I left my Rx sunglasses. I called from Shenzhen to inform the hotel. When I returned - a member of management brought the glasses to my room. I tried to tip - but the gentleman said absolutely not. Outstanding customer service.

I hope to return in a few years - but frankly the 15+ hour trip takes a toll on my sadly-aging body. When I return - I will absolutely stay at the Grand Stanford - my home away from home in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Get business card with hotel address on it so return taxi ride will be uneventful. Have front desk...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jim R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and with the tripadvisor community, I am sure it will help travelers and we appreciate your feedback on your stay experience.

We are pleased that you stayed with us for your 3 night visit to Hong Kong, we apppreciate your loyalty to the hotel over the years and your detailed feedback.

We do hope that you return earlier than 2 years to stay with us. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

It's worth upgrading to club floor room- harbour view if you can!
The club floor serves chilled champagne ( amongst everything else you may want to sip !) and delicious canapés every evening.
The breakfast is brilliant and the view breathtaking !
Felt the staff were extra lovely too, über accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear BevandMichael,

We defiantly agree that the upgrading to the club floor room- harbour view is well worth it, we are pleased you enjoyed our champagne, canapés and breakfast, we also agree with you that our Club staff show true hospitality.

We do hope that you both return to stay with us. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Again, one of my business trips! Arrived after midnight, no one to get my suitcases from the taxi and no one to take them to my room! I had to drag them myself. I wouldn't expect this from Intercontinental! No real customer service at the the front desk, definitely need some hospitality training! Rooms are in desperate need of some refurbishment, especially the bathrooms.
Unfortunately as I travel for business to Hong Kong I don't get to choose hotel, as we have a corporate rate. If I did have a choice, I would be definitely choosing different hotel.

1 Thank otik0902
Greetings from The InterContinental Grand Stanford, Hong Kong.

Thank you for your taking the time to post a review of our property. I am very concerned that you found no one to take your case from the taxi and no one to take them to my room, this is most unusual and I have addressed this with our concierge, in addition if I could recommend on future visits to book our next category of room being the Premier rooms as they have been newly refurbished.
I would appreciate if you could email me so that I could better understand the booking situation from your company.