Stayed here for 6 nights as part of a longer trip through China. It is located a bit away from buzz in East TST, but both a metro station and the star ferry terminal are within walking distance (15-20 mins to the ferry via Walk of the Stars along the waterfront). The history and science museums are also only a stone's throw away. From the airport, the hotel can be reached via a free shuttle bus from Kowloon station where the airport express train stops, but a taxi will be much quicker because the bus stops at many hotels on the way.
From the second of our arrival to the end of our stay the service was exceptional with friendly, smiling and helpful staff members not only in the reception but also at all other points. Rooms are well equipped with toiletries, ironing board, kettle, etc and furnished in a rather classic style - if you can afford it, book the harbour view as it is truly spectacular. The rooftop pool is not very big but it is a nice spot for a time off from the city. If you don't feel like going out, the Chinese restaurant in the basement is a good choice. For a quick breakfast, there is the option of an "express breakfast" in the lobby which is both a good deal and offers a nice spot for people watching.
My only negative point is the ridiculous price charged for wifi, which at the time of our stay was 120hkd per 24hrs. This really should be a free service nowadays. You're better off buying a 3G SIM card which offers web access for 70hkd for a week.
All in all, we had a great stay at the hotel especially because of the wonderful service and attentive staff! For my next stay in HK, I might still consider a different hotel, but only to be closer to Central/soho.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, being a member of Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), is an acclaimed five-star hotel that offers sophistication and heritage. Set against the stunning backdrop of Victoria Harbour, half of the hotel's 570 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites boost sweeping views of picturesque Hong Kong skyline and breathtaking Victoria Harbour.Located in the proximity of the world-famous Star Ferry and within easy reach of all major transportation systems such as the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) and Guangzhou-Kowloon Through Train Station, the hotel offers easy accessibility within the city and entry into China. With complimentary shuttle bus service provided by the hotel, Hong Kong's largest shopping mall Harbour City is just within doorstep. InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong provides the finest selection of world-class dining outlets from famed Cantonese cuisine at Hoi King Heen crafted by award-winning native Chef Leung, passionately Italian cuisine at Mistral with finest Italian produce, to contemporary international buffet at Café on M and Tiffany's New York Bar, knowing as Capital of Whisky with the largest whisky capacity in town. The sheer flexibility of the hotel, with its ample choice of venues complement the state-of-the-art meeting facilities in a comfortable and stylish setting, caters for functions of diverse size. For three consecutive years between 2014 and 2016, the hotel was recognized as "Hong Kong's Leading Business Hotel" by the prestigious World Travel Awards and the hotel collects the ultimate accolade for its renowned service as 'World's Leading Luxury Business Hotel' and 'Asia's Leading Business Hotel' in 2016. Its refined services and facilities makes the hotel the ideal choice for the savvy business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong