The Imperial Hotel
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$234
$154
$141
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$138
$107
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$97
$71
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
All reviewswalking distancemtr stationairport busperfect locationnathan rdhotel locatedavenuetsimsymphonydryerharbourdisneyland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you're looking for a place with a good location and don't care about comfort or the price you have to pay, this hotel is for you. I considered staying here just because of its location. Had a room upgrade to deluxe but I am not happy with the room. The walls here are so thin that I had to wake up every morning at sunrise because of the noise of the shower coming from next door. This really annoyed me after enduring an uncomfortable sleep on their hard mattress and hard pillows.
On the room table, you would find a Welcome card which claims that guests will have a certain "Imperial Experience" wherein you will have a welcome gift and 4pm late check-out aside from their free water, coffee and tea. I dont really know what gift they are talking about since they didn't mention anything to me about it upon check-in. As for the late check-out, when we requested for it, they just allowed us to stay until 1pm saying that if we stay up till 2pm, we have to pay 50% of room charges! I just wonder why they have to mention about the 4pm late check-out if we will be asked to pay for it anyway.
If you have a late flight out and you're planning to leave your baggages with them, they will charge you $5 per piece regardless of how small your baggage is. Since their room charges are too high for the quality of the hotel & service, they should've just given this extra service free of charge to guests. Even their WiFi costs $30 for 3 hours.
Overall, for the price I paid, I wouldn't consider staying here again. It is way too overpriced. I wouldn't complain about anything if their rates are low.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank badidi
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed one night at the hotel with deluxe room on July last year. The staff hotel serves to guests is in average level. When I checked in hotel, the staff request deposit HKD1,000 for two rooms that I have booked.
The room is not quit big, the space room just enough for lay down a luggage. For travelers the hotel location is excellent, at the center of Kowloon business. Next day I checked out hotel, the deposit was not refunded yet to me because I forgot to ask about it. After arrived at home, I emailed to The Imperial Hotel that explained the deposit is not refund yet. In shortly time the hotel management has good response for my claim, and the deposit HKD 1000 has transferred successfully through bank services.

Room Tip: room is not quite big
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chakepp
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in March 2013, and had a good stay overall. The beds are fine, it is fairly quiet overall, and the location is just perfect. The underground is pretty much just around the corner, and you're in the heart of Kowloon. Okay, so why my 3-star rating? There is no free internet and it must be purchased for each laptop/smartphone separately. Also, there were a few large and dirty-looking stains on the carpet, the cleanliness overall was so-so, the bathroom shower head was about to fall down, the bathroom was poorly lit, and — most importantly — over a 4-day stay I did not get one single smile from any of the some 15 people I spoke to. Even the taxi drivers were friendlier than the people who really did not care that I stayed there. I do not expect to come back, but if I do, I hope to see a few more smiles at least.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DerbyCat
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights from -5/03/13 to 09/03/13
I arrived morning of the 6th and my boyfriend arrived on the 05.03.13
after securing a deposit for the first night the hotel still ordered my boyfriend to pay that night in cash.
I then had to produce my card the next day to 'pay the remaining balance' yet still had to produce my card again on the day of laving. Staff assured amounts would be deposited back into my account as security but I have been overcharged.
Staff very unhelpful at reception. As I urgently needed a phone charger they would not assist even though there was one in my view behind the desk. Kitchen staff very unhelpful. Breakfast very poor. location good. But I would assure travellers to take care with the charges if using cards!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed at The Imperial Hotel on the 5th of March. It was an extremely unpleasant experience for us.

There was no free wifi and when my friend bought a wifi package from the counter, it was not clearly explained to us that logging on from a device (e.g. a smartphone) would mean that we wouldn't be able to log on using a different device (e.g. a laptop) even after logging out from the first device. When my friend called to complain, the guy simply said that it was "hotel policy" and that it was "no big deal" to buy a separate wifi package for her laptop. There were no apologies nor any form of courtesy from the service staff.

Location wise, the hotel is situated close to the MTR, bus stops, ferry terminal and shops. However, the area around the hotel is fairly rough at night, with plenty of men staring and loitering around.

The rooms were small, bare and dated. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. In addition, we had to pay for them to hold our baggage after checking out, prior to leaving for the airport.

The abject lack of customer service means we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends