“Excellent location, but that's about it.”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #310 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in March 2013, and had a good stay overall. The beds are fine, it is fairly quiet overall, and the location is just perfect. The underground is pretty much just around the corner, and you're in the heart of Kowloon. Okay, so why my 3-star rating? There is no free internet and it must be purchased for each laptop/smartphone separately. Also, there were a few large and dirty-looking stains on the carpet, the cleanliness overall was so-so, the bathroom shower head was about to fall down, the bathroom was poorly lit, and — most importantly — over a 4-day stay I did not get one single smile from any of the some 15 people I spoke to. Even the taxi drivers were friendlier than the people who really did not care that I stayed there. I do not expect to come back, but if I do, I hope to see a few more smiles at least.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DerbyCat

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights from -5/03/13 to 09/03/13
I arrived morning of the 6th and my boyfriend arrived on the 05.03.13
after securing a deposit for the first night the hotel still ordered my boyfriend to pay that night in cash.
I then had to produce my card the next day to 'pay the remaining balance' yet still had to produce my card again on the day of laving. Staff assured amounts would be deposited back into my account as security but I have been overcharged.
Staff very unhelpful at reception. As I urgently needed a phone charger they would not assist even though there was one in my view behind the desk. Kitchen staff very unhelpful. Breakfast very poor. location good. But I would assure travellers to take care with the charges if using cards!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed at The Imperial Hotel on the 5th of March. It was an extremely unpleasant experience for us.

There was no free wifi and when my friend bought a wifi package from the counter, it was not clearly explained to us that logging on from a device (e.g. a smartphone) would mean that we wouldn't be able to log on using a different device (e.g. a laptop) even after logging out from the first device. When my friend called to complain, the guy simply said that it was "hotel policy" and that it was "no big deal" to buy a separate wifi package for her laptop. There were no apologies nor any form of courtesy from the service staff.

Location wise, the hotel is situated close to the MTR, bus stops, ferry terminal and shops. However, the area around the hotel is fairly rough at night, with plenty of men staring and loitering around.

The rooms were small, bare and dated. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. In addition, we had to pay for them to hold our baggage after checking out, prior to leaving for the airport.

The abject lack of customer service means we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wei Shi T
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I went to Hong Kong to do some shopping and sight seeing. We usually stay at a different hotel when in Hong Kong but this time there were no more rooms left when we went to book, so we booked this hotel. Overall the hotel is average, except for the rooms which are smaller than standard. The rooms are clean and the location of the hotel is excellent. It is within walking distance of many shopping areas. The metro is also close. The price wasn't bad also. There is a restaurant on the first floor that offers a special deal for their breakfast buffet. This buffet normally costs $88 HKD but for hotel guests it is only $50 HKD. We went to this restaurant our first morning there and shortly after wish we hadn't.

To sum up I think this is an okay place to stay for business and for short shopping trips but would not recommend staying for a long stay. Reasonable price, great location but small rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank corbindoak
Reviewed January 28, 2013

perfect location! situated on the major tourist hub in metropolitan Hong Kong (Tsimshatsui), with many shops and restaurants, museums, Avenue of Stars, MTR Stations, China Ferry Terminal (if your going to Macau) are within walking distance. From the airport, the hotel is very easy to find, you just need to take the A21 Airport Bus at the Ground Transportation Centre, alighting at the bus stop named as "Middle Road Tsimshatsu" and the hotel is right there. Very basic accomodation, price is cheaper compared to other hotels within the vicinity. Just dont expect too much from this hotel. I'll definitely stay here on my next visit :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lifeasweknewit
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hotel is to bad staff is not coprative only location is good room is so badly sleeping bed very uncomfortable wash room very bad.Wifi is chargeable very expenisive.no space in room 2 lift but working is 1 waiting time so far .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
4  Thank MADAN LAL A
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A ok hotel, cheap in comparison to other hotels in a vicinity, if you are tight on budget and need a hotel in a good location then you can opt for this hotel, the single room I booked was small and the bathroom was smaller, but decent for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business