“Nice , clean rooms .. Nt ideal fr big family but excellent fr 2 people..Waiters can learn some manners though”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #353 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was on a business turned fun Trip to Hong Kong where after one previous bad experience in a hotel, I found the Hotel Imperial. I had purchased a tour including stay & sightseeing from Antilog Vacations website which r best fr Hongkong-Macau tours..Cheap and A-1 Service.

The best thing about this hotel is the location, it’s on the Nathan Road just a minute walk from the metro station. It’s easy to access public transport, shops, cultural centre and star ferry. That was ideal for me.

Simple well-kept rooms and courteous staff make it a pleasant stay. A great deal for budget professionals indeed. However, if you are looking for the extra frills like pool or night club, etc, this place in not for you. It does make up for all the fun being in the Tsim Sha Tsui district where all the activities and shopping is.

Rooms are clean and service each day is excellent. Not good for families as rooms are very small in size. There is running hot and cold water, the towels are changed everyday, and the rooms are clean every time we get back from a long day of sightseeing. Some of the staff were young and very accommodating when we asked questions and when I requested for an adaptor for my laptop and phone chargers.

My only complaint about the hotel was the service we received from the staff. Everyone was cordial when I checked in and out however when I came to ask for directions and suggestions on where to go and what to do, they were immediately very uptight and unfriendly about it. There is a language gap if u can't speak local language.

The best part is the location of hotel and that too for people visiting for business purpose as it is located in the center of Kowloon and pretty close to ferry terminal.

All in all, it was a comfortable stay. We weren't bothered throughout our stay. I will definitely use this hotel again. Not recommended for families though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank divyam g

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My worst hotel in HK ever!! My room was: small, dirty, old, with some insects too!! Position is good, near mtr and all services but this hotel is too expensive for the quality offered. The price cannot be similar at Kowloon Hotel.

never more!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank marcowps
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed for one night (coming from Macau) prior to catching an early flight out of HKIA. Selected hotel based on relatively low price and location. Check in was delayed a bit as room wasn't ready at 1:30 pm, but they got us a room, as promised by 2 pm. Some of the the check in staff were pleasant, others not so. Same with the others encountered later, with the cashiers being the most unfriendly to the point of being rude. Room was small but clean, as was the bath. Was given a room with two (small) single beds, told I should have requested a double bed if we wanted that. But there was nothing on the booking page that said I could. Got totally conflicting info on the shuttle bus to the Airport Express station, so decided not to take a chance on that and just got a taxi for HK$30, which was a good decision as it was quick with no waiting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

had to make a quick trip and after last years livestock infested accomodation thought i'd upmarket a bit. The room overlooked a courtyard. But it was the other hotel guests that were noisy late at night in the corridor. As this was a business trip, i had to be up early. carpet was dirty and there was a bad smell in the room the whole time. internet usage was disproportionally expensive. disappointed.

Room Tip: make sure your room is on a quiet corridor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Catherine494932
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We took the bus from the airport and even if it were my first time in HK, i did not have trouble finding it. Bus stops exactly in front of hotel and mtrs that can take you just about anywhere are walking distance from it. Concierge was ok, they let us leave our luggage in the lobby when we arrived early and went home late. I think often misconception of people are they are not polite or they seem rude but i guess that's just how they talk or act. Room was alright. We had twin beds (for my sis and i) and there has hot water in the shower. I had a little trouble with the drain in the bath tub though because i thought it was broken but eventually i found out that you have to "flush" it like a toilet bowl. Towels were provided along with bottles of water each day and some toiletries. Overall, it is a value for your money spent.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank masusanatan
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been in this hotel during a business trip, and I have to admit that the position was pretty good, just few minuts from East Tsim Tsa Tsui metro station, in a walking distance from Lady's market of Mong Kok (not more than 20 minutes) and in a nice commercial street, quite lively in the night as well.
As for the rooms, they are quite narrow and equipped with simplicity. The hotel is clean, even if I don't like moquette. However it's ok if you just need a place where to sleep. Fault point: there is no free wifi...and in 2012 I think it's unbelievable!
The prices are quite good and it means that the hotel is always really crowded and quite noisy (or at least it was when I have been there, when it was assaulted by 2 school elementary classes on school trip!!).
The staff is nice and helpful and they speak a comprehensible english.

If I could choose, probabily I would not go again in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was my first time to stay in this hotel and its location is its best advantage over the other nearby hotels in TST. As stated in numerous reviews here, rooms are small and could not fit more than two people comfortably. But for the rates they have, one should be able to manage expectations, especially if you just need a decent place to sleep. Service is good. I requested for an adaptor very late at night and it was delivered almost instantly. Concierge is very efficient. Basic bathroom amenities are provided and housekeeping promptly cleans the room and provide clean towels. You'll find complimentary bottled water too. There's a flat-screen tv with only 1 english channel, hollywood channel if I'm not mistaken. However, it was a letdown that there's no free wifi. Security in the lobby can be improved too since people just freely go in and out of the hotel. My main consideration in choosing this hotel this time is the convenience of going around since this hotel is near the MTR station, walking distance from shopping malls, money changer, restaurants, convenience stores and a lot more. Best part - from the airport you just need hop in the A21 bus and get off at stop number 14 (30-40 mins, HK$32) and you'll find yourself right at The Imperial Hotel's doorstep :D Costs half than if you take the airport express and the free K4 bus to nearby Shangrila. I'd definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends