Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kings Hotel(Hong Kong)
  • Restaurant
V Wanchai Hotel(Hong Kong)
3,012 results
All reviewstiffingrissinigrand club loungeharbour roadconvention centerconstruction noiserenovated roombusiness hotelbusiness tripvictoria harborchinese restaurantharbor view roomexcellent hotelfour seasonsmtr stationhonggh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed her in March 2014.

Location: This hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Be warned of that. There is a subway a short walk away though.

No restaurants within a walking distance. Ok, there is one fast food restaurant near the subway.

This hotel is quite beautiful on the inside. The staff was polite and competent and quite friendly. Check in and check out was smooth and simple.

I think it may have cost just under or over $200HK for the taxi ride from the airport.
It will cost around that price to go to Hong Kong island from the hotel.

The room was quite large and modern. I had the most amazing view of the river and at night it was just magical. So I would strongly suggest that you request a higher floor with a river view. It is just an amazing view. The bathroom was quite large and very modern. The toilet was one of those beautiful hat box style ones that you see in the magazines. The toilet had its own door which means that If you are sharing the room with someone then you can use the toilet while someone uses the sink or even showers as the shower had its own door. So both rooms are private. That was quite interesting. The show also has the rain feature which is quite nice. The toiletries are also quite comprehensive and of a higher quality.

The bed was quite large and comfortable. You have a private desk and a sitting area. The floor space was quite spacious. I believe my room was deluxe.

Now the real star of the show for this hotel is the breakfast and dinner buffet (I did not have an opportunity to try the lunch buffet which was most likely of the same astoundingly high quality as the breakfast and dinner buffets). Outside of Las Vegas this was without question the best breakfast buffet that I have ever had. Breakfast was included with my room I believe. An incredibly supply of meats. The largest premium dessert bar I have ever experienced at a hotel. They have a waffle maker that makes full size waffles, chocolate stations with chunks of broken chocolate in three styles. You just have to look at my pictures. The food was unbelievable.

This hotel appears to be family friendly as there was a great deal of family with young children.

This property is a bit pricy though.

One of the best features for me in this hotel was the fact that the gym was open 24 hours.

As potentially inconveniently located as this hotel is I will seriously consider staying here again if I visit Hong Kong. It is out of the way and away from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and facing the river
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ken D
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Ken D

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. We appreciate your compliments and will relay it to the team and the chefs. Happy that you have enjoyed Tiffin's desserts. The waffle is my personal favourite. It has been our pleasure to have your as our guest. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a very nice stay at this hotel. Very considerate and attentive staff. Hotel in process of room renovations, we had a newly renovated room which was very stylish and well thought out for this price point in Hong Kong.

A HK$20 can ride to Central or Causeway Bay areas. Also convenient to Airport Express shuttle to HK MTR station.

Great pool area on the 11th floor. An oasis in Wan Chai.

Stayed: April 2014
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear ex-expats

Greetings. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We truly appreciate your compliments. We will convey that with the team.

Delighted to know that you have enjoyed our newly-designed guestrooms, our swimming pool and our location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a great hotel and I have stayed many times. The rooms are older compared with other international brand but they have renovated some room to modern standards. Very consistent services and had a great breakfast spread too. Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear xiaoxuan

Greetings. Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us. We are grateful for your compliments. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I decided to give the Grand Hyatt a try, forsaking my usual haunt of the Mandarin. I am not sure that I will change my allegiance on the basis of one stay, but I chose it for the great pool. Breakfast was excellent, varied and a good start to the day. The room was well-appointed, good bed, a hot water still, was slightly oddly positioned, but good to have tea whenever wanted. The joy of the pool however should not be underestimated and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to use it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Tixall1

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. Delighted to know that you have enjoyed our pool, guestroom and breakfast. It has been our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My wife and my two teenage children stayed at the Grand Hyatt in February. We had a great experience during our entire stay. We stayed on the Club level so were able to experience a wonderful breakfast and happy hour each evening. We especially appreciated the amazing service provided by Scott, the Grand Club manager. Look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear billsha

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. It has been our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests. We appreciate your compliments for our Grand Club. Hope that on your next vist, you will be able to experience one of our newly designed guestrooms. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Regards