“Amazing stay as always” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Olching, Germany
“Amazing stay as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong is always my home in Hong Kong! I have been staying here for more than 15 years and it is like family for me. I would not stay elsewhere.... The new rooms are so nice and I very much like the design. This trip first time I tried the Teppanroom in Kaetsu and the food was so delicious. I will come back more often. The Grand Club Team always the best. Can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank HerbertHillebrand
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Mr Hillebrand

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. It is always our pleasure to have you as our guest. Delighted to learn that you enjoyed the newly designed room as well as the Teppanroom. Did you know the new guestrooms and the Teppanroom are both designed by BAR Studios?

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Just returned from an exceptional, if not supernatural stay at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. From the outset, I have to stay we do hold Hyatt Diamond Gold Passport status, so my review is likely jaded a bit. But here's my two cents:

Overall: I use the word "opulent" to describe this property. An expansive, and superbly waxed foyer immediately portray what the GH HKG are going for. For us this was continued by marbled bathrooms, spa-quality towels, and a Grand Club that you'll never want to leave.
Super fun bit: Forget the robes, the GH includes white jump suits in their rooms. Odd, but unique and quite fun.
Rooms: We were upgraded to a Diplomat Suite, so we drooled a bit. But what I really appreciated about the room designs here were the Band & Olufsen appliances, the electricity converters, the electric curtains, and some really neat light switches attached to the bed frame.
Grand Club: for those fortunate to experience their 30th floor Club, you won't be disappointed. They offer the wide array of cuisine similar to the other Hyatt properties, but notable here is the service. Staff are quick to your table to offer drink refills and ensure you have everything you need.

My single complaint: Don't take their car service. The simple reason is that I didn't appreciate that they over-charge because they are a "Grand" property. For those who splurge (mostly because it makes your airport-hotel transfer really, really smooth). my complaint is that GH charges 200 HKD MORE than their sister property, Hyatt Regency Tsim Tsha Tsui. (980 vs 780). Literally the same company, same car, less than 10km and 10 minutes difference. I just thought they took a little advantage of their name logo here.

For Hyatt lovers, this is a great alternative to the properties on Kowloon and in Sha Tin.

Room Tip: As of February, construction was on "lower floors." Grand Club is on 30th, and anything hi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear GrizzTravel

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. We are grateful for your compliments about our Grand Club, guestroom and service. We hope that we will have the honour to have you as our guest again. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Newly renovated harbour-view rooms with exceptional furnishing and facilities (e.g. rainbow shower) offer breathtaking views. Excellent and friendly service staff in all areas (room service, reg. desk, business center, restaurants) provides perfect satisfaction. Food in restaurants (One Harbour Road, Grand Cafe, Steakhouse) is best-in-class. As a designated Hyatt customer in Europe and the US I must say: The best Hyatt I have ever seen.

Room Tip: Take upper level rooms (i.e. 24 and higher) with harbour side view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear GrizzTravel

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. Happy to know that you enjoyed our newly-designed room and you had a good time at the restaurants. We thank you again for chooosing to stay with us. Pleasure is all ours.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I try to stay at this hotel every time I am in Hong Kong. It's a great location, the service is excellent, the rooms are lovely and the restaurants are great.

The gym and outdoor pool area are really excellent and it makes for a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear tracylondon

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. Happy to know that you had a pleasant stay. We hope that we will have the honour again to have you as our guest soon. It's even nicer to enjoy our outdoor pool in hot summer days.

Kind regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Waiting for the taxi to take us to the airport and so time to write to thank all at Hyatt Regency Kowloon for a wonderful stay.

Staff looked after us beautifully and were helpful with every query we had.

It has been 35 years since I last visited Kowloon, I sorry I left it do
Long.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Meganjohnson50

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. Thank you for sharing your stay experienc with Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui. Glad to learn that you had a great time with the hotel. i will relay your comments to the team there. Thank you again for choosing to stay with Hyatt.

We look foward to welcoming you back again soon (not 35 years later definitely.)

Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was booked into the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong for three nights. It is in a great location with an impressive lobby/reception. I thought I was in for a treat but it was all downhill from there. The reception couldn't find my reservation, even though I had a printed confirmation from the hotel. That got sorted, the front desk apologized profusely, I was looking forward to a shower and change of clothes after my flight but when I got to my room, it wasn't ready. I went up to the Hyatt club lounge to pass time while my room was readied. The staff was too busy chatting among themselves and seemed put out that I asked for a coffee. I returned to the lounge for drinks before dinner my 2nd night and found the staff to be equally as unfriendly. I often look for Hyatt's on my travel. I'll book anything but a Hyatt next time I am in Hong Kong. Luckily there are many other options.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David J
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear David J

Greetings. Thank you for your feedback re your recent stay. Regret to learn about your disappointing experience. Please allow us to look into this and revert to you. Appreciate your patience.

Kind regards

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've stayed in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong for one weekend in mid February because of a transit in Hong Kong International Airport. In the past, I used to stay in Conrad. This time, I determined to stay in Grand Hyatt by using my Hyatt points and see how good it is.

In short - it's awesome and I plan to stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong for my future visits in Hong Kong.

[1] Check-in
Though I used points to pay for my reservation, it is still upgraded to a Club Room (3308) because of my Diamond Membership.

I do check-in at the main lobby, rather than at their Grand Club Reception at 30/F. Nevertheless, it is efficient. Thanks also to Roy who helped me check-in and provided me detailed information about the hotel, including the facilities at the Grand Club.

[2] Room
My room 3308 is awesome. It is located at one of the top floors with some privacy. I say some privacy because one cannot take an elevator from the main lobby to any floor higher than 30/F. One need to pass through the Grand Club Reception and take another elevator to all Club Floors. Further, it is great for check-out 'cause everyone needs to pass through the Grand Club Reception before leaving the hotel.

The view of my room is great: facing Admiralty and Victoria Harbor.

The King bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is big with a standalone shower and a bathtub. The Wi-Fi connection is also excellent!

[3] Grand Club
I do try the evening cocktail and breakfast in the Grand Club - both are great. Another big plus is that it has an awesome view of Victoria Harbor which makes one feel very relax and comfortable. Staff is attentive and always tries their best to accommodate guests' needs.

[4] Fitness Center
Fitness facilities and spa are located at 11/F. I do have my workout in their gym that is great, especially it is open 24/7.

[5] Location
It's great - located next to the Hong Kong Convention Center with walking distance to a Ferry Pier to Tsim Sha Tsui (about 5-mins walk) and Wan Chai MTR station (about 10-mins walk). There is also a free shuttle (operated by MTR) connecting Grand Hyatt and Hong Kong Airport Station in Central.
Lastly, if there is anything that I really need to raise my concern, it's the air-conditioning in the corridor at 33/F. It's too cold ...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Edward-A A

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share you recent stay experience with us. We truly appreciate your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With kind regards