3,200 results
All reviewstiffingrissinigrand club loungeharbour roadconvention centerconstruction noisebusiness hotelbusiness tripvictoria harborchinese restaurantharbor view roomexcellent hotelfour seasonsmtr stationhongghrenovation
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed in the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong for a week on business. The experience was really superlative. I was placed on one of the Club floors, with access to the Club Lounge - that included breakfast, cocktails/snacks throughout the day and concierge service, along with a gorgeous view of Victoria Harbor. The breakfast choices consisted of the general international fare of fruit, breads and pastries, cereals, yogurts, juices, etc., along with the hot bar consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon and ham, potatoes and one Asian choice that varied by day. The quality was generally a notch above the usual hotel fare (a special shout-out to the outstanding fresh juice selection) and the service was professional and prompt.

My room itself had a view of the harbor, and was very well appointed. Comfortable king-sized bed with plenty of pillows, business workstation with local outlet plugs provided (but realistically, not enough outlets for today's business needs, and no outlets provided other than at the desk - this is my only complaint). Wireless internet was included and trouble-free.

The bathroom was modern and well-equipped with toiletries and personal items for those that forgot to bring theirs. Complimentary water was provided via several bottles replaced daily.

The room was kept impeccably clean. I was working in the room on one day when the maid service came through - they literally cleaned everything that was cleanable - they even took the phones off the hook and cleaned the handsets. Linens were changed daily.

The hotel lobby and other common spaces were beautiful, bordering on lavish. The check-in process was quick - at the time, I was informed apologetically that remodeling of some spaces was in progress and may be loud at times, but I never heard any construction noise throughout my stay, nor did I see any signs of construction materials or workmen.

I would welcome the opportunity to stay at the Grand Hyatt again - it was a lovely stay.

Room Tip: The Club level rooms were lovely and came with access to the Club Lounge - well worth it, in my opinion.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Hong Kong for a week during the New Year and stayed here, thanks to a corporate deal with one of my family members' company. The service was great, the staff were very prompt to respond and keen to assist with your requests or queries (except for a lady who brushed us off when we asked for directions to get to the countdown venue at Convention Centre because she wanted to attend to this rich tai-tai who had just arrived for the new year party). Other than that, I think it was a pretty good experience especially with the counter and housekeeping staff who helped us with a number of requests.

Location-wise, you need to walk for about 5 minutes to get to the Wan Chai station but it's not too bad considering that you can see how the locals live and there are some good eats near the MTR station. Lots of construction going along that area so when you take taxis, it does have to make a few more turns before getting to the hotel.

The room for the first part of the stay was a bit small but in terms of Hong Kong standards, this was acceptable. It was facing the swimming pool and tennis courts and offered a side view of the harbour. When we got back from Macau for the second part of our stay, the room we got was even smaller but had a great view of the Central/Admiralty where we could see the IFC towers and ICC over at the other side of west Kowloon.

Didn't get to try the food at the restaurants though since we were too busy with sightseeing and tasting the local delights outside. However, I must say that the prices seemed to be on the high side but I guess that's to be expected from a hotel like this.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Spent four nights at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong and did not want to leave. This place is among the very finest hotels we've stayed in. The service is absolutely top notch, the views from the high-floor harbor view rooms is spectacular, and the dining is simply excellent. All around, an excellent choice for Hong Kong.

The GOOD
- The service -- just absolutely incredible. Every detail is attended to. We emailed the hotel prior to our arrival to let them know we had two small kids in tow. Upon arrival, we were very pleasantly surprised to find that they had put kiddie sized robes & slippers in our room as well as a variety of treats for the kids. The thoughtfulness was genuinely appreciated. And this is just one example of how they make service a huge priority at this property. Every staff member in the club lounge knew our names and preferences after the first day. No task was too small for the concierge to help us with. Exceptional service all-around.
- The view -- just WOW. We were on the top floor in a very nice suite with harbor views, but I think the views even on the 8th floor are incredible. Get a harbor view room and you won't regret it. This has to be one of the best views in all of Hong Kong. Maybe a few places in TST or Kowloon offer better views, but it's hard to imagine.
- Spacious, comfortable rooms -- We had an amazingly comfortable suite, but even the other rooms we saw were very nice and roomy. Well appointed and with all you would expect from a five star property.
- Excellent club lounge -- Service, food and views all in one. The club lounge is spectacular. The breakfast is excellent, the evening cocktails also very very good. And it offers sweeping views of the entire city.
- Food -- Breakfast at the club lounge is very very good, but all the restaurants are worth looking at. We ate at the traditional Chinese restaurant and it was the best meal we had on our trip.
- Location -- perfect location I think. Subway is a tiny bit of a hike, but no more than 5-7 minutes. Very convenient to ferry terminal as well. Great area for restaurants, shopping, etc. Excellent neighborhood.

The BAD --

Nothing. Seriously, this place is that good. Rooms are a little bit retro, but they're doing a massive renovation now which will make this place even better. No reason why this hotel isn't the best in HK.

TIPS --

From airport, fastest and least expensive way to hotel is to take train to Central (very very easy to get on train, even with luggage - it's right in the terminal). From Central, it's a quick $40 (HKD) cab ride. Far better than taxi from airport since it's faster and less costly.

Absolutely get the harbor view room. It's a crying shame to not take advantage of the view.

Room Tip: You must get harbor view. It's well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Superb hotel with excellent fascilities, as you would expect from 5 star..
Professional and friendly staff. Nothing but good things to say about our stay. We stayed on the Club floor with the Club Lounge. Amazing!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This stay was so special I just had to rate it! I loved my stay at the Grand Hyatt simply beacuse they strive to serve you - no matter what the problem. Upon arrival, I was told about the construction noises - but when it got too much I complained. Promptly I was led to another much nicer room at no additional charge! Similarly, when the restaurent odours from nearby wafted through my balcony, I was given a romm freshner service within 5 minutes! The harbour view room was great as everyone here will testify - the buffets had scrumptious desserts, food was above most similar hotels. Only downer was the wine list - we ordered reds twice but were dissappointed. Overall great stay and great service!

Room Tip: Choose the Harbour facing rooms. The Spa rooms on floor 11 are the biggest and best with a HUGE tub!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business