“A First Class Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Toronto, Canada
“A First Class Hotel”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Recently my husband and I were in Hong Kong to attend a wedding which took place at the Grand Hyatt. We decided to book into the hotel for the weekend and were not disappointed with the quality of service. Our room was beautiful, and large with a spectacular bathroom. We had a lovely view of Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong and Kowloon. The food and service at the wedding was unbeatable The staff in the Business Office were friendly and very helpful. We used their brand new service to print our boarding passes for the trip to Shanghai. The location is excellent in Wan Chai and we were able to walk or use the metro to go almost anywhere.
It was expensive but we were glad we treated ourselves to the luxury the Grand Hyatt had to offer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Right on the harbor, fantastic views. The rooms are a bit cookie cutter, but spacious for HK. Bathroom looks like something out of donald trump's dream. Think lots of black marble and gold. The lobby is expansive, for the money i would prefer the Peninsula, but this certainly isn't bad by any means. It really isn't convenient to any MRT, Wan Chai is at least 15 min walk, so have to figure on taxis everywhere. But they are easy to come by, have never waited more than 10 min and taxis are relatively cheap. The concierge is excellent, got us booked at every restaurant we wanted. Special requests are certainly accommodated. It is very convenient to the downtown business area and highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Gordon F, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay. We are pleased to learn that Concierge were so helpful and that your requests were accommodated. We appreciate your feedback on the availability of taxis - Hong Kong is truly blessed with an excellnt transport system. Whilst the closest MTR is Wan Chai, plans are in place for an MTR station adjacent to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong as part of the Wan Chai bypass programme. I am also delighted to inform you that we are finalising our guestroom renovation plans. In the meantime, please rest assured that we will recognise the Concierge team for the assistance provided to you during your stay. Best regards, Gordon Fuller - General Manager.
Sydney
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I don't often write glowing reviews of hotels but this one was flawless. I was supposed to fly home on Saturday but my plane was full and I had to stay another night in Hong Kong. All this after I had been awake all of the previous night. I was literally sitting at the airport trying to find somewhere to stay when I found the Grand Hyatt on a search engine. I called them up told them what happened and they said “no problem we will organise a room for you head back to Hong Kong”. From the moment I showed up at the desk and gave my name everyone knew what had happened to me and was very sympathetic. They gave me a free upgrade to a Victoria Harbour room and expressed the check in process as they knew I was keen to sleep. I arrived in the room and needed laundry done as I had not planned on staying another night. It was 1 hour after the cut off time for normal service but they still came and got it and had returned it 6 hours later no extra charge. I went to sleep for a few hours then got up and went to the shop, when I returned 30 min later someone had come in and remade the bed! The room is massive by Hong Kong standards, the bathroom is bigger than most normal rooms in Hong Kong. The bathroom has a large bath and separate show with all the trimmings. The bedroom had a desk and chaser and still plenty of space. The bed was very comfortable and had a nice view. The location is slightly out of the way if you are thinking Wan Chai but if you are going to the convention centre it is literally attached to it. Although 5-10 min walk over the overpass and you will be in the centre of Lockhart road.

Really don’t have a bad word to say about this place and I will definitely return to it next time I am Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Never seen a normal room but the harbour view rooms are well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Gordon F, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We were delighted to learn that the Team responded quickly to your request for accommodation, and that they were sympathetic to your situation. Please rest assured that we will recognise the Team for their care and efficiency. We look forward to welcoming you home to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My wife and I travelled to Hong Kong for a wedding. While weighing options for hotels, we decided to take the plunge and treat ourselves while in Hong Kong. The Grand Hyatt does not disappoint. We stayed on the club level, and while that was another option we debated (I don't actually drink), it was well worth it. Seems like it's own special hotel within the hotel. The staff take the time to get to know/recognize each guest and try to anticipate needs. The food was excellent, the rooms were clean and well maintained. The water pressure in the shower almost blew my face off - it was great! We didn't have a harbour view room, but being only one floor away from the club level allowed us to go and see the harbour light show when we were in the hotel. It is expensive, but well worth it if you want to treat yourself - and on this trip, we did!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed your Grand Club experience. Thank you for sharing your comments regarding the attentiveness of our employees, the shower water pressure, and your dining experience in the hotel. Please contact me directly when you return as we would love to welcome you home to a Grand Club Harbour View room.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My partner went for business and I tagged along for pleasure.
The hotel is welcoming, serene, well equipped, comfortable and very well located.
We had a run of the mill room overlooking the pool area and it was more than adequate for business and "tag along" purposes.
The only shortcoming was we had to pay for wi-fi. It's a personal pet peeve of mine.

Fantastic breakfast selection, really nice pool area with a variety of poolside food and drinks choices available. Only shortcoming here is that, at times, trying to get someone to take your order is quite a challenge.

All in all, not the best hotel in Hong Kong but I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Please be advised that we extend complimentary wi-fi to all Grand Club guests and elite tier members of Hyatt Gold Passport. Please rest assured that we will consider your request to widen this benefit. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback regarding our leisure facilities, and will take on board your comments regarding our poolside service.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed here on business but would normally stay on Kowloon side for leisure.
Hotel, staff, location are fantastic. A must have is Club Lounge access with breakfast and hapPy hour with Moët on tap. Fabulous appetiserS make it difficult to leave room for dinner. A special mention for Scott who works in the lounge and who could not be more welcoming. A great asset to the hotel. Star ferry to Kowloon is less than 5 min walk and so easy. All in all an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Gordon F, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
We were delighted to receive your post following your recent stay in Grand Club. Thank you for your feedback regarding the Grand Club offering. Please rest assured that Scott will be recognised for the assistance extended to you.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Grand Hyatt is a lovely hotel - perfect for business. It reeks of 80s opulence - not necessarily a criticism - just showing that they have the attitude of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

It's very plush, very nice facilities, very good breakfast, great location, very attentive service. I'd recommend it.