We travel to Hong Kong quite a few times and normally stay at The Novotel but this time based on price but still the same location decided to give The Eaton a try.
Overall we were very happy although we still had a few issues.
We booked the Executive Floor rooms, as we do every time we stay as we believe them to be good value for money, however I am not so sure with The Eaton.
1. The package we chose offered early check in depending on availability but of course the room was not available and did not get in till 3pm after a shocking flight this was not a good start, as we were exhausted.
2. The E-Club is like a rabbit warren and I did not feel it held a particularly nice atmosphere and was quite stuffy and constant problems with the Apple computer that was available for guests to use.
3. Breakfast was repetitive, with virtually no choice and what was offered was not hot.
4. Afternoon cocktails once again poor quality, boring, and the same each day.
5. Room was excellent
6. The Staff were the best we have ever had in a hotel their level of customer service was outstanding and shows that they have received excellent training, not just at the E Club but throughout the whole hotel.
7. Drinks and coffee were well priced.
8. Air con was not particularly good throughout the hotel especially in the E Club and our room.
Overall we were happy and would stay again but not sure if the EClub this time was value for money and certainly not getting priority check in was a real negative.
Maybe the eaton staff should take a wander up to the Novotel to see what food is being served there for the Premier floor.
9. Very grateful for the complimentary pressing service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the very heart of Kowloon, Eaton, Hong Kong is only a few minutes' walk from Jordan MTR station. Look no further for some great complimentary activities including a daily Tai Chi Class, led by our Resident Tai Chi Master, and our exciting tours of the Jade and Temple Street markets as well as many other fascinating tourist hotspots. The rooftop swimming pool which is heated in winter, this place is a perfect spot to relax and sip a cool drink while our 24 hour Exert Fitness Centre provides you with extensive training equipment. The Hotel also offers a wide variety of dining options. With 4 restaurants and a bar including an extensive buffet restaurant, a traditional Cantonese restaurant, a chilled Japanese izakaya style restaurant, a coffee shop and an al fresco bar, you'll find something for everyone's tastes. You can also stay connected at Eaton, Hong Kong as all residents can enjoy complimentary hi-speed wifi for an unlimited number of devices. With a clever, modern design and a spirited "Can Do" attitude, Eaton, Hong Kong offers everything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable stay in this the most vibrant of Asian cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Eaton, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaton Smart Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Eaton Hong Kong
- Eaton Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Eaton Hotel
- Eaton Hong Hotel Kong