Having previously stayed at a Silka Group property and they were fully booked, I decided to try this location. It is reached easily by the A21 bus then just a few minutes walk.
I was able to check in at 3pm. The receptionist was very brisk but polite. Check in was easy as I had prepaid with Agoda.
The room as are most standard hotels in Hong Kong was smallish, but clean. There was however a lingering smell of tobacco smoke despite it being a non smoking room allocated. The bathroom was well equipped and everything worked.
I didn't come to Hong Kong to stay in my room so as long as you want a conveniently located, safe, simple place to stay you can't really go wrong here. If you need a huge room in Hong Kong then you should be researching four and five star properties.
I would happily stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka Seaview, Hong Kong is situated in Yau Ma Tei, one of the most vibrant districts of Hong Kong. The hotel has 268 well-designed guest rooms to provide all the comforts of home. Just a footstep away from Yau Ma Tei MTR Station and right next to the Temple Street Market and Jade Market, the hotel's prime location provides unrivaled access to the busy commercial and entertainment life of the city. Complimentary in-town shuttle bus service is available, and the hotel offers the best value for money and a perfect accommodation for travellers on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Silka Seaview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorsett Seaview Hong Kong
- Hotel Dorsett Seaview
- Silka Seaview Hotel Hong Kong