“Hotel rate increases but Cleanliness decreased”

Silka Seaview Hotel
Ranked #174 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore
“Hotel rate increases but Cleanliness decreased”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Not sure if this hotel charges more during year end. I have avoided the Golden week but the prices were more expensive compared to the previous time I visited HK which was during their lunar new year this year.
Having stayed at Silka Seaview previously, I would say that the standard of its cleanliness has drop. Strands of hair can be seen at most corners and even on one of the pillows when I entered the hotel room on the first day. Front desk staff were trying their best to clear the queue when checking into the hotel. Check out was pretty fast. Hotel is near yau ma tei mtr station and temple street. Lots of food and convenience store around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
DorsettIntl, Director of Marketing and Communications at Silka Seaview Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Wynn

Please do accept my sincere apologies on the shortcoming that you have experienced on your return visit.

Rest assured we will address all the issues mentioned in your review and will put in place, measures to ensure that we continue to uphold our level of services.

Thank you so much for sharing with us your constructive feedbacks.

Richard Kwong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cebu Island, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was quite tight for two girls already BUT you can't fault the cleanliness, or the efficiency of the staff (who are happy to lend you an adaptor, give you walking directions, and assist with Internet connection problems). The wi-fi is fast, thankfully.

Also the location is great: just around the corner is the night market, and the MTR station is a short stroll down the street (and a left turn). A 7-11 is behind the building, for those late-night munchie runs.

Good, comfortable (if you have no space issues) place to stay in.

Room Tip: Best to specify if you require smoking/ non-smoking if it really matters. We were initially assigned...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cassandra

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback pertaining to your stay with us. We are very happy to learn that you have found all aspects of our services and facilities up to expectation; and that we have contributed towards making your holiday here in Hong Kong a memorable one.

We certainly look forward to your return visit real soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went to HK last month however this hotel being classy from outside was very horrendous with the space provided. Even the ppl at the reception were quite slow to understand the needs of the client. Even to the extent that they charged me twice at the time of checkout.
However, the location is quite apt as it is only 15 minutes walk to Tsim Tsa Tsui which is the main shopping are in HK. Overall a decent experience.

Room Tip: Choose their 3 bedroom rooms for a couple. then itll be comfortable. Its not for 2 guys to share the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Varun

First of all, please do accept my sincere apologies on the shortcomings of my team members and we will definitely look into the areas as mentioned to prevent future re-occurrence.

We hope that on your next trip to Hong Kong, you will be able to accord us the opportunity to prove our services to you once again.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location near night market and MTR (buy a pass and use it) and restaurants (if u must a MacD very close). My room was very small but I only rested and showered so it was very good. Staff helpful. HK$400 to airport

There is a shuttle to airport express but the hours are limited, I took train/can in. Left early am so only cab available.

I got in your around 1200 first day but held luggage as I explored.

All in all a great find for price and location.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank OntarioCanuck1
Dear Ontario

Thank you for staying with us and we are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Lobby was very basic and small.. Always full with luggage!

The room where I was assigned (1601), I guess was for solo travelers. There is no way a couple can fit in there! I am 5'4" in height and my good guess is that the bed is maximum of 6' in length. My feet always touched the wall. This isn't a problem with me though. But I think those who will reserve who are really tall should inform reservation about their height so that advance room assignment can be done. The room looked clean, so no complaint about this. Cable has enough English channels.

Location is very good. It isn't a problem if you choose the bus in going there from the airport. The hotel is just a short walk. I got lost at first even though I have the hotel's name and address in Chinese. So if you are going to use the A21 bus from the airport, make sure to go down at stop #9. Busses have LEDs inside that inform you of the next stop so you don't really have to count the stops. After going down at stop # 9, cross the street and head LEFT! This will be towards a public park.. Right after the basketball court, you should turn right. Then walk straight, after crossing 2 small streets, I think that's the hotel already!

Room Tip: Inform the reservation of your height.. You might have a problem with the bed and walls..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kindheartie
Dear kindheartie

Thank you for sharing your feedback pertaining to your stay. And taking all perspective into account, we do trust that you have enjoyed your trip and that your stay with us was a pleasant one.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Not aware of the Property values and sizes, I was very surprised by the size of the room. Can be quite tight for two persons. Size apart, the room is provided with television, desk, cupboard. The Hotel has a shuttle service to Tshim Tsa sui. It is very close to the night market.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GalaSince1983

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Hong Kong and indeed, we were happy to be of service to you. We look forward to seeing you again in our hotel on your next trip to Hong Kong.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Checked in at Silka Seaview Hotel from September 20-23, 2013. We were given 2 rooms each since there were 4 of us travelling (me and my boyfriend, my married couple friends). I could say this is one of the best options to stay in when touring Hong Kong. The rooms were quite small but very presentable and clean. I actually didn't mind the size of our room since we only stayed there to sleep after a long day out. What I love about the hotel is its strategic location! It is only a few minutes walk away from the MTR station. It is in Yau Ma Tei which is only a station away from Mongkok, and 2 stations away from Tsim Sha Tsui, where you can do lots of shopping. The hotel is also a few walks away from Nathan Road. There were lots of restaurant options nearby ranging from affordable to more expensive ones. Night market was a few blocks away. It is also near 7-11 and McDonalds.
Another thing that I love about Silka Seaview is their breakfast buffet! Though some of the dishes were repetitive, I could say the foods served were delicious and abundant. Service was also okay, since the staff were mostly efficient and helpful. Over-all I would recommend this hotel! I'll make sure that we'll stay again at Silka Seaview when we come back to Hong Kong :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rache R
Dear Rache

Every now and then we come across fantastic reviews that are real source of motivation for my team members. Reviews that spur us on to continue to strive even harder to deliver the utmost high level of service for all our guests....yours is one of those.

Thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hong Kong again; and the opportunity to be of service to you all.

Warmest regards